Sin Cara

Jetta's G-string

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

According to the Wrestling Observer, poor Rey Mysterio was rushing his rehab to get himself back so they could do Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara at WrestleMania. Then silly bollocks went and injured himself at Survivor Series. From what I read recently, it sounds like Sin Cara's desperate to get back for Mania as well.

Rey Mysterio can carry anyone to a good match I feel. And he knows how to work Sin Cara's kind of match as well. If anyones going to get a good match out of him, its Rey.

• Paid Members
According to the Wrestling Observer, poor Rey Mysterio was rushing his rehab to get himself back so they could do Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara at WrestleMania. Then silly bollocks went and injured himself at Survivor Series. From what I read recently, it sounds like Sin Cara's desperate to get back for Mania as well.

Rey Mysterio can carry anyone to a good match I feel. And he knows how to work Sin Cara's kind of match as well. If anyones going to get a good match out of him, its Rey.

Agreed, although it's not much of an incentive for Rey to get fit, being saddled with that sack of crap.

There is a large Hispanic community in Miami, though, so such a match could get a great reaction.

Agreed, although it's not much of an incentive for Rey to get fit, being saddled with that sack of crap.

There is a large Hispanic community in Miami, though, so such a match could get a great reaction.

Amazing how fast peoples oppinion changes. Mistico is still one of the most entertaining wrestlers IMO but everyone seems to have turned on him. What people seem to be forgetting is he doesn't have the scenery Rey had when he broke the States. When Rey came in he was luckily enough to work with people like Psicosis and Eddie who could work the Lucha style and were allowed to work it while they brought in bits of the American style to thier matches.

Mistico was hyped up as a Lucha great (and rightly so) then shoved on TV, told to work a different style with no time to adapt against people who cant click with his style anyway. Chavo doesn't count as he has always been more of a ground based wrestler.

• Paid Members
What people seem to be forgetting is he doesn't have the scenery Rey had when he broke the States.

Nobody is forgetting it. It just means ZERO. What makes Sin Cara so special, that the whole roster has to piss standing backwards, just so he doesnt have shit matches? He was great ... in CMLL. Bret Hart was great in the WWF, but he couldnt get used to the ropes or the size of the ring when he moved to WCW. People are suited to a certain place. Thats just tough luck. WWE is a different animal to what he's used to. If he cant adapt, then thats his tough shit. He earns enough to live with it. He fucks up everything, and he's got a big head. He thinks he's a megastar. He refuses to learn English, he never shakes anyones hand. He's a detriment to the roster if he has an attitude like that.

Saying that, I'm all for Mistico if he turns into a megastar and a superwork. But at the minute, he's fucked up everything from the Wellness Policy, to his ringstyle, to injurying himself, to pissing the locker room off. Incredible to think he was Triple H's pet project. Imagine how big Rey Mysterio would have been if he had the most powerful man in the business backing him from his debut. It wouldnt surprise me if Triple H loses he patience altogether.

• Paid Members

WWE are desperate to break some mask record too. I can't see the match getting much time though - they've got Rock/Cena, Taker/Triple H, Shaq/Show, MITB, a too long Rock promo and the other frills that 'Mania brings. So even if they're not fully fit, they'll surely manage a short match (obviously, depending how well the rehab goes).

• Paid Members
Mistico was hyped up as a Lucha great (and rightly so) then shoved on TV, told to work a different style with no time to adapt against people who cant click with his style anyway.

Rubbish. The majority of his WWE run has seen him put in matches with opponents that can work with his style and he's still buggered it up left, right and centre.

Plus, what use is he to WWE as a one trick pony that can only work with one kind of opponent anyway?

My opinion did not change on him because I didn't have an opinion on him pre-WWE. Based on what I've seen, he's shit.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I keep hearing about how they need to get people in specifically for Sin Cara to work with. When he's showed up as nothing special by the developmental guy brought in to cover for him, and when there was discussion prior to that about how said developmental talent was kind of useless (having seen Hunico previously, I wasn't buying that, but it was being bandied around), then he's clearly on the outs. What next, they need to have a transfusion of lucha fans who'll appreciate whatever it is that he's bringing to the table? If they want masked men, they should just jam masks of a couple of guys and have done with it, not bus in precious porcelain botch machines from Mexico.

Mistico was hyped up as a Lucha great (and rightly so) then shoved on TV, told to work a different style with no time to adapt against people who cant click with his style anyway.

Rubbish. The majority of his WWE run has seen him put in matches with opponents that can work with his style and he's still buggered it up left, right and centre.

Plus, what use is he to WWE as a one trick pony that can only work with one kind of opponent anyway?

My opinion did not change on him because I didn't have an opinion on him pre-WWE. Based on what I've seen, he's shit.

Didn't mean you but that just seems to be the oppinion in general.

All I'm saying is it's pointless having two luchadores on the roster and keeping them apart. Hire 6 or 7 like WCW did (look they actually got something right). Let them work with each other, the odd match with the rest of the roster to take bits and pieces, let them round off while getting over working each other. Either that or a year in FCW. Worked for Del Rio.

• Paid Members

Konnan said around the time Mistico signed, that as he was negotiating with WWE, he refused to go to developmental. He said the difference between Mistico and Del Rio is night and day. Del Rio learned English, he respects his fellow workers and has goals to increase his skills. Sin Cara is your typical Mexican ego trip wrestler, who thinks he's as big as Hogan and Austin because he has fame from his days in CMLL, he's already got money so thinks he's better than the guys in rental cars and he has the superstar attitude, which doesnt allow him to want to shake a Tyson Kidd or a Brodus Clay's hand. If this was a few years ago, Benoit, Bob Holly, Eddie Guerrero, JBL, The Undertaker and Bill Dermott would have been fighting each other to try and slap him about.

Nonsense. His first fued was with Chavo, who knows how to work his style and he looked completely shit.

I hope he never comes back, unless he learns what he's doing. Has to be a good shout for worst wrestler of all time, because there are very few others that have had as much promotion put into them and delivered such shit. He's like a trainee that they've pushed for a dare.

Actually, he'd be able to jump off the ropes perfectly without falling on his arse if there was another Mexican bloke in the ring with him. IT'S EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT HE FALLS OVER AND CAN'T DO ANYTHING. HE'S ACTUALLY GREAT!

Fuck off. That sort of opinion was stupid even before he debuted. Now, after he's failed with every opponent and at everything, it's ignorant as well.

Archived