Sin Cara

Jetta's G-string

I hope he never comes back, unless he learns what he's doing. Has to be a good shout for worst wrestler of all time, because there are very few others that have had as much promotion put into them and delivered such shit. He's like a trainee that they've pushed for a dare.

Actually, he'd be able to jump off the ropes perfectly without falling on his arse if there was another Mexican bloke in the ring with him. IT'S EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT HE FALLS OVER AND CAN'T DO ANYTHING. HE'S ACTUALLY GREAT!

Fuck off. That sort of opinion was stupid even before he debuted. Now, after he's failed with every opponent and at everything, it's ignorant as well.

So basically all wrestlers should be able to work all styles automatically? In a perfect world yes it would make it a lot more entertaining. Lets see Khali flying around the ring. The fact is you have to play to peoples strengths, especially if your putting money in hoping to get a profit back. Playing to weaknesses isn't a good strategy. You dont see Barcelona putting Messi in goal every week do you.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope he never comes back, unless he learns what he's doing. Has to be a good shout for worst wrestler of all time, because there are very few others that have had as much promotion put into them and delivered such shit. He's like a trainee that they've pushed for a dare.

Actually, he'd be able to jump off the ropes perfectly without falling on his arse if there was another Mexican bloke in the ring with him. IT'S EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT HE FALLS OVER AND CAN'T DO ANYTHING. HE'S ACTUALLY GREAT!

Fuck off. That sort of opinion was stupid even before he debuted. Now, after he's failed with every opponent and at everything, it's ignorant as well.

So basically all wrestlers should be able to work all styles automatically? In a perfect world yes it would make it a lot more entertaining. Lets see Khali flying around the ring. The fact is you have to play to peoples strengths, especially if your putting money in hoping to get a profit back. Playing to weaknesses isn't a good strategy. You dont see Barcelona putting Messi in goal every week do you.

Care to answer the point about his first fued being with Chavo, who can work his style?

• Paid Members
Mistico was hyped up as a Lucha great (and rightly so) then shoved on TV, told to work a different style with no time to adapt against people who cant click with his style anyway.

Nonsense. His first fued was with Chavo, who knows how to work his style and he looked completely shit.

Actually, Chavo only spent a couple of years wrestling in Mexico (between Japan trips) before WCW signed him up. So he's hardly King Lucha.

At least WWE will know better if something like this happens again and they'll send them down to FCW. If I was WWE, I'd cut my losses with Mistico and get some decent FCW flyer to take his place (like they tried with Hunico, but Hunico is pap). Sin Cara is a cool mid card gimmick.

I've always felt that if you're really THAT good, you're able to adapt to any style. Anyone who's good enough in WWE can do it. Those who aren't can't. Now, Sin Cara might well have been good in CMLL. I seen a limited amount and thought he was dull as fuck, but he at least wasn't botch central apart from his match with Averno in NJPW. Whether he was good there is pretty irrelevant. If he can't adapt to WWE's style then he isn't good enough to be there. I won't be calling on WWE to play to the strengths of any other guy who's shit on their roster, and I won't be giving Sin Cara any special treatment.

It's also worth noting that Sin Cara has not improved one iota since joining WWE.

Care to answer the point about his first fued being with Chavo, who can work his style?

Sure. Read the rest of that post you quoted including the bit you ignored.

Mistico was hyped up as a Lucha great (and rightly so) then shoved on TV, told to work a different style with no time to adapt against people who cant click with his style anyway.

Nonsense. His first fued was with Chavo, who knows how to work his style and he looked completely shit.

Actually, Chavo only spent a couple of years wrestling in Mexico (between Japan trips) before WCW signed him up. So he's hardly King Lucha.

At least WWE will know better if something like this happens again and they'll send them down to FCW. If I was WWE, I'd cut my losses with Mistico and get some decent FCW flyer to take his place (like they tried with Hunico, but Hunico is pap). Sin Cara is a cool mid card gimmick.

"Only" a couple of years? That's plenty of time to pick up the style.

Sure. Read the rest of that post you quoted including the bit you ignored.

And as I said, Chavo knows how to work his style which is what you're saying the problem is. So it does count.

I don't think he'll be back, especially since CMLL have just recently publicly extended an olive branch to previous stars who left on bad terms.

I enjoyed some of his stuff, but by and large it was an experiment that didn't work out, perhaps inevitably considering his lack of US experience.

If he's a shit backstage like folk are saying, then it'll probably make his time miserable anyway, and an out back to CMLL or AAA with his brothers and the possibility of the odd TNA appearance would probably be quite appealing.

"Only" a couple of years? That's plenty of time to pick up the style.

Not really. Chavo was green at the time and when he wrestled Sin Cara he hadn't performed that style in 15 years. Chavo became a solid hand wrestling the American style, not the Mexican one.

Fair enough, but him and Hunico's matches were shit as well so my argument still stands.

• Paid Members

I don't think you have the faintest idea what you're talking about plus I doubt you have even watched most of his WWE stuff judging by some of the nonsense you are coming out with.

The Messi comparison is a completely ridiculous one as well. No-one is advocating that he completely change his style or even have that in his arsenal. They are saying that he should have made an attempt to improve to the point where he can work with and be successful against a RANGE of opponents. Like Messi is - he scores goals against everyone.

But he hasn't done that. He's been a complete disaster. The WWE have done all that they can to cover his mistakes and have accommodated his style as much as they could reasonably have been asked to do so. He's repaid them by refusing to go to developmental, refusing to learn English and being a completely useless twat. The WWE are NOT to blame here and anyone suggesting they are to the extent that they are is completely and utterly wrong.

I hope he comes back. He brings a change of pace which WWE sorely needs these days. He's clearly not lived up to the hype, but I don't think he's half as bad as some people make out either. Given how much time he's been out of action since his debut (mostly his own fault, yes) it's still early days and things might click further down the road...at the very least I'd be pumped for a Cara vs. Mysterio match before he heads back to Mexico. Given the current lack of starpower and the importance of the Hispanic market, I reckon WWE will persevere with him for a while longer.

Archived