You fucked your push up.....

tom

• Paid Members

He wasn't so much getting pushed but didnt Maxx Payne/Man Mountain Rock fuck his career up by recording WWF wrestlers on the road getting up to a variety of naughty activities?

Sure I've saw some of this somewhere. I vaguely remember Louie Spicolli (as Rad Radford) having to be held up by people on both arms so he could get into his hotel room without falling flat on his face. Drooling at the mouth.
Not really nice to look at, this.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember Garza being brought in after the World X Cups and being treated as a massive deal. I think it was shortly after the Randy Savage six man tag match. Garza was practically straight in there with the Kings Of Wrestling and I'm fairly sure beat Jarrett in the main event of Impact back when nobody ever beat Jarrett.Quite an opportunity to mess up, but TNA seem to have a recurring problem with that sort of thing. I suppose developmental can wean that out of people in WWE (to a certain extent anyway).

That's the spot. He was really over and looked like being the next baby face.I remember far too much about the early days of TNA. It was ace, the roster changed every 3 weeks, one week you had Macho and the next Vader. I was a big fan of Eric Watts, gawd bless him.In fact, this all really needs to be split off into a TNA nostalgia thread. Asylum rules!

Dallas was Lance Hoyt & Apollo was a jacked up Puerto Rican wrestler. He messed his push up though by no-showing Final Resolution and TNA released him. He was in the inaugural version of LAX but was replaced by Machete who then got replaced by Hernandez. He also almost killed Scott Steiner with a super-kick to the throat in Puerto Rico in 2007.

My bad, I always think Apollo, Dallas and Lance Hoyt were the same person. Not sure why. Dallas teamed with Kid Kash, didn't he?

Test was supposed to face Chris Jericho at No Way Out 2003 only to be replaced by Jeff Hardy when he and Stacy missed a flight.I know Test was still featured on TV afterwards in a team with Scott Steiner but had he actually faced Jericho at NWO things could have been brighter for Test.This was around the time of the Testicles gimmick aswell (That was a tough one to explain to the parents whilst Raw was on)Speaking of Steiner,after a huge build up those two matches with Triple H were surely responsible for his slide down the card.Kronik were surely destined for big things before that horror show against Kane and The Undertaker after which Big Bri was sent to HWA and Clark walked off.

To be fair to Bri and Bri, the only thing they were good for (and they did it well) was destroying flippy-floppy itty-bitty tag teams like 3 Count and the Filthy Animals. I'll never know what they were supposed to do against two of the biggest guys on the WWE roster. Plus Kane is odd in that he seems to take on the attributes of whoever he's teaming with - with X-Pac, he trimmed down and started throwing suicide dives and enzuigiris around the place; with Taker, he always seemed to get fat and slow. I think Kronik were booked to fail, but not consciously so (if that makes sense). WWF at the time didn't have enough lower-card names to feed them. Oh well. My dad liked Kronik.

I'd love to see a TNA nostalgia thread. I've been watching a shed load of their first PPV's and they really had something going back then. Its a shame all the momentum sort of died of in 2007 and really did die in 2008. Since then TNA's had their moments. They've had some pretty bad PPVs but have had some great episodes of IMPACT.

John Morrison was doing pretty well and then started bitching about Trish Status being involved in the mixed tag match at Mania, instead of his crazy missus and then he started sliding down the card. He also had a pop at Triple H on Twitter, that would'nt have helped his case.

• Moderators

Dallas was Lance Hoyt & Apollo was a jacked up Puerto Rican wrestler. He messed his push up though by no-showing Final Resolution and TNA released him. He was in the inaugural version of LAX but was replaced by Machete who then got replaced by Hernandez. He also almost killed Scott Steiner with a super-kick to the throat in Puerto Rico in 2007.

My bad, I always think Apollo, Dallas and Lance Hoyt were the same person. Not sure why. Dallas teamed with Kid Kash, didn't he?
Dallas was indeed Lance Hoyt.Hoytmania is proof positive of how spacko the impact zone mutants are.

John Morrison was doing pretty well and then started bitching about Trish Status being involved in the mixed tag match at Mania, instead of his crazy missus and then he started sliding down the card. He also had a pop at Triple H on Twitter, that would'nt have helped his case.

Then right at the end of his run with the WWE he took a shot at Cena. Can't help but respect him in all fairness. Always liked apart from when he picked up the mic or cut a promo but he was used rather shit.

I'm totally shocked by the CM Punk comments here. I don't follow wrestling anymore other than watching Raw, so dont see figures for ratings etc.But from the crowd reactions, and how much I wait to see the CM Punk stuff on Raw over everything else, I felt like we were about to have a big moment in wrestling again.Add to that the heel turn of Cena at mania which is sure to happen, and I'm sure we are gonna be in for a superb bit of WWE TV. You'll have Punk as the over babyface Vs. the super hot heel Cena. At least I thought, thoughts?

I'm totally shocked by the CM Punk comments here. I don't follow wrestling anymore other than watching Raw, so dont see figures for ratings etc.But from the crowd reactions, and how much I wait to see the CM Punk stuff on Raw over everything else, I felt like we were about to have a big moment in wrestling again.Add to that the heel turn of Cena at mania which is sure to happen, and I'm sure we are gonna be in for a superb bit of WWE TV. You'll have Punk as the over babyface Vs. the super hot heel Cena. At least I thought, thoughts?

That's a pipe dream. Unless Punk catches on with people other than us by WrestleMania (and he probably would have by now if he was going to), there's no way they're gonna have him replace Cena as the face of the company. Ice Cream Phil wouldn't look out of place in a band photo in Kerrang, but I doubt he's the sort of lad the sponsors are falling over themselves to throw money at to put his face on the cover of a pencil case sold at Tesco. Gillette would tell him to fuck right off as well, the greasy bastard.

Archived