Ring Ka King

HeavyT

Im looking forward to this. I think this is the perfect environment for Steiner. I see its listed on colours tv for next Saturday night. Sorry if this has been answered, but will this have or will it be available with English commentary?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im looking forward to this. I think this is the perfect environment for Steiner. I see its listed on colours tv for next Saturday night. Sorry if this has been answered, but will this have or will it be available with English commentary?

Jarrett tweeted the other day that the commentary will be in Hindi.

They should do a bunch of skits with Scott Steiner shitting in turbans and putting on a comedy Indian voice from behind a corner shop. Really go to down on the stereotype. Give then a taste of what wrestling is all about. Nobody does racism and xenophobia quite like pro wrestling.

That is not such a great idea, in India they take things like that FAR seriously, they set fire to photos of Jade Goody for calling Shilpa Shetty a name, and she is a C-list has been in India. If they start getting too controversial, it will get all over the news in India and its likely the show will be boycotted and taken off the air and that would be the best case scenario

• Paid Members

What a awesome billboard:

ring-ka-king-outdoor.jpg

MiD DAY turns broadsheet to promote ‘Ring Ka King’

The primary aim of the integrated marketing by Colors is to showcase the scale of the event and the sheer size of the wrestlers

BestMediaInfo Bureau | Delhi | January 24, 2012

The cover of Mid DAY (broadsheet) on January 25, 2012

Colors has launched an innovative 360-degree integrated marketing campaign to kick-start its biggest sport entertainment reality show, ‘Tata Prima Trucks presents Ring Ka King – Wrestling Ka Mahayuddh’, which is going on air on January 28, 2012. The print campaign revolves around the theme ‘Size Does Matter’ with Mumbai’s tabloid Mid Day highlighting the larger than life characteristics of the wrestlers. On Wednesday, January 25, Mid Day readers will see the publication in a broadsheet avatar to convey the image that the wrestlers are so large that they would not fit in the tabloid’s normal format!

The idea behind the campaign is to build on the thrill and entertainment value that the content of ‘Ring Ka King’ will provide to audiences on television. The campaign will focus primarily on print and outdoor media to emphasise the impact and magnitude of ‘Ring Ka King’. Highlighting the fact that a special affair calls for a broader and bigger canvass, the copy of the print ad communicates the launch in a dazzling and eye-catching manner 3 days in advance as it says, “Itna bada hai inka akaar, ki bada karna pada yeh akhbar. Teen din pehle de rahein hai khabar, Taaki aap rahein tayyar.”

Commenting about the integrated marketing approach, Rajesh Iyer, Head – Marketing, Colors, said, “The ‘Ring Ka King’ thriller campaign is the physical representation of the excitement that the show embodies. We wanted to bring the action of the ring alive throughout our communication. To bring out the adrenaline pumped exuberance of the show into our promotional activities we collaborated with our creative partners to come up with a campaign which could do full justice to the thought. All our promotions for ‘Ring Ka King’, be it the print innovation with Mid Day or disruptive campaign across outdoor, radio and TV, is high on volume and scale.”

Manajit Ghoshal, MD & CEO, MiD Dy Infomedia Limited, commented, “This broadsheet innovation employed by us is a powerful and stimulating manner of advertising. It introduces a surprise element, which helps in better absorption and recall of the communication. The broadsheet innovation also ensures a fresh break for our readers. It has been our continuous endeavour to create path-breaking strategic solutions for each of our clients to reach their target audience. This innovation is one more step in that direction as it strengthens our reputation for innovative advertisement in the market.”

For the outdoor campaign, the primary aim is to showcase the scale and impact of ‘Ring Ka King’ in 70 trade markets to amplify visibility. This will be executed through a mix of billboards and other mediums that reach the target audience. Audiences will witness billboards being stretched or ripped apart by the wrestlers so that the magnitude and intensity of ‘Ring Ka King’ is highlighted.

The overall theme for the television, radio and cinema campaigns is ‘disruption’. Ads and promos running across media will focus on wrestlers interrupting regular content to talk about ‘Ring Ka King’. The channel is partnering Radio City to take ‘Ring Ka King’ on air and engage with listeners. Two special characters will be created on-air to talk about the show. The channel is also associating with ‘Agneepath’ to promote the show through cinema. Additionally, the digital campaign involves creation of special applications on social media platforms like Facebook to interact with audiences and build connect with wrestling.

Info@BestMediaInfo.com

Partial spoilers for the season finale or rather spoiler for the big final match that they build throughout the season involving Jeff Jarrett :

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The last show of this season of TNA's offshoot promotion "Ring Ka King" which was taped on the 25th of January was hyped around the "final battle" between Jeff Jarrett and Ring Ka King's goodwill ambassador Harbhajan Singh. Jarrett came out with a guitar in hand wearing an "I hate Bhajji" T-shirt. Bhajji came out with a cricket stump in hand to a great reception from the crowd. Jarrett spent the first few minutes of the match stalling, then getting out of the ring, then getting back in and did this a couple of times till he finally got back out and said, "Screw this! I'm outta here!" While on the way up to the ramp, he was stopped in his tracks by the former Japanese sumo wrestler and Bigg Boss Season 5 contestant Yamamotoyama, who caught him by the collar and threw him back in the ring. Yamamotoyama stood at the ramp for the rest of the match..

Bhajji and Jarrett did a standard lock-up a couple of times only for Bhajji to get the better of Jarrett. Jarrett was finally able to take Bhajji to the corner after the third lock-up, but Bhajji was able to duck out of a punch by Jarrett. Jarrett tried to get out of the ring and leave again, but went back in when he realised Yamamotoyama was right behind him. Jarrett went back in and went on his knees begging for mercy, and Bhajji tore up up his "I hate Bhajji" T-shirt and went right after him. Jarrett called for his fellow heels Abyss, Steiner, Magnus, Sonjay Dutt and RDX (the Indian police officer character). They all tried to get past Yamamotoyama one-by-one, but were all shoved off by the near 600-pounder. They went back up gesturing to Jarrett that they couldn't do anything. Jarrett jumped around in anger.

Bhajji eventually got control of the match till Jarrett gave the thumbs up for the lights to go off, and when they went back on, Magnus, Abyss, Dutt and RDX all had Bhajji down on his knees with Jarrett motioning to hit him with a guitar. Just as he seemed to lift the guitar and hit Bhajji in the head, out came Matt Morgan, Roscoe Jackson (Trevor Murdoch), Chavo Guerrero, Pagal Parinda and Mahabali Veera. Veera was the last man standing in the ring before he turned around and was hit in the head with a guitar by Jarrett. Bhajji looked pissed and threatened to hit Jarrett with the cricket stump but Jarrett escaped out of the ring with the rest of the heels. Luke Gallows stood at the entrance with all of the title belts and the heels left with all the titles. Back in the ring, Bhajji made sure Veera was alright and hugged him. Morgan, Roscoe, Pagal Parinda, Veera, Chavo and Harbhajan all bowed in front of the crowd to end the show.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

I thought it was good from what I watched, good fun and created some interests to watch more despite the language barrier and Chavo being one of the first names I see.

I love Dr. Nick I must say.

Archived