Ring Ka King

HeavyT

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RVD's joining the show this month. Most expect Hogan and Bischoff to jump on the bandwaggon as well (once its confirmed as being successful of course). They should send Bobby Roode over there. Let him show off that belt of this to a massive audience.

I think they've missed a trick with Bobby Roode. If he was a face, how good would it have looked, him doing the Bret Hart thing of going to arenas in the UK with the belt, going to India with the belt and then eventually going home to Canada as champion. Done right, that would have made him a big deal there.

They've already taped the first 13 weeks (26 one hour episodes, airing through Sunday April 15th.

I think a lot depends on the ratings for the next few weekends. If they can keep the same sorts of rating as the first weekend, then they're a shoe-in to get renewed and maybe get a longer term deal, maybe a year long deal with Colors.

Jarrett is definitely focusing all of his energies on Ring Ka King at the moment, post-producing the shows and liaising with the networks. I think he has very little to do with internal aspects of TNA at the moment.

That kid Steiner was working with was green as fuck. Decent size though.

A match with Roode should be the prize for whoever wins the RKK tournament.

He's the World Champ, baby. He's holding the World Title, is introduced in vignettes every week showing him wrestling around the world, but doesn't actually appear until the final episode of the series. They'd soon get it.

• Moderators
He's the World Champ, baby. He's holding the World Title, is introduced in vignettes every week showing him wrestling around the world, but doesn't actually appear until the final episode of the series. They'd soon get it.

As far as the people watching it are concerned though whoever holds the RKK title is their world champ. Don't want to confuse them or make the RKK champ not as good as another champ in their eyes.

Saw the posters for this advertising its Colors TV debut around Harrow today

If you get a chance, take a photo and post on here please.

That's really interesting if they're spending money to push the show outside India.

JB just retweeted this photo by a fan:

2llohnp.jpg

Apparently, it was taken at a 'Quality Foods' grocery store in Hounslow.

Word has it the rating for the fourth episode saw almost a 50% decrease compared to the debut episode and overall viewership has been falling with each passing episode. No idea how the replays are doing though. Maybe that's where some of the audience went? Either way, this is not good news and I hope this trend won't continue as I'm really enjoying the show.

• Paid Members

Hows it not good news? They always knew this was going to happen. They are going against the Cricket season, The Bollywood Dance Show and the Bollywood Oscars, which are the two biggest things on TV in India. They were always aware a ratings decrease was coming by going against the likes of these programs. Going from 2.1 to a 1.7 isn't exactly a massive drop anyway.

Hows it not good news? They always knew this was going to happen. They are going against the Cricket season, The Bollywood Dance Show and the Bollywood Oscars, which are the two biggest things on TV in India. They were always aware a ratings decrease was coming by going against the likes of these programs. Going from 2.1 to a 1.7 isn't exactly a massive drop anyway.

That was the drop for the 2nd episode. While I don't know the exact number yet I do know for a fact that the fourth episode (5/2) dropped even further, and the final number would likely end up being in the 1.1-1.3 neighbourhood. No word on the third episode. Competition or no competition, not retaining almost half of your debut audience is never a good thing. The numbers are still good and the show is still in the network's weekly top 10 but the trend of RKK losing more and more viewers with each episode is certainly not a good thing. Like I said though, perhaps Colors adding weekday 5PM replays has taken away some of the weekend audience in favor of the weekday airings. I certainly hope that's the case.

Archived