Ring Ka King

HeavyT

What does everyone think TNA's project in India? I saw pictures fo the set, looks great, and apparently drawing big crowds! Would be excellent if TNA established TV shows across the world in untapped markets, and I'd love to see this just to see the format. Where do you guys see it going?

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/...-awesome-setup/ <----- the stage set up

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an interesting setup and I hope it works out well. Reminds of when wwe were rumored to be looking into regional brands and it's a shame they never pulled the trigger on it as I felt it could of worked.

Mind you the key thing here is to keep it 99% separate. Some cross promotion is fine (e.g if tna did an Indian tour, you could hype on this Indian promotion that one of their main babyfaces will headline the main show vs. the world champ), but I think creating regional / niche specific groups is a good way to go business wise.

Why compete with wwe head on? Good on tna to try something new.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I dont think they should necessarily cross over as such, there sharing enough talent - it would just be good to have its existence acknowledged on the show, and vice versa. If it was succesful enough, surely a station could pick it up outside of India as well?

heres some results from tnawrestlingnews.com

"Matt Morgan won the Heavyweight title for TNA’s new Ring Ka King promotion in India after defeating Scott Steiner in the finals of an 8-man tournament. Steiner is a top heel in the new promotion.

David Hart Smith and Chavo Guerrero were also crowned the first-ever Tag Team Champions of the promotion.

According to a source, Scott Steiner caused a near-riot with numerous fans during the TV tapings. The near-riot went down during a six-man tag-team match. The match saw Guerrero, Smith and Morgan vs. Steiner, Magnus and Sonjay Dutt."

Id love to see that Steiner match!

I dont think they should necessarily cross over as such, there sharing enough talent - it would just be good to have its existence acknowledged on the show, and vice versa. If it was succesful enough, surely a station could pick it up outside of India as well?

Personally, and in a ideal world, I'd love to see each market have it's own regional show (e.g a tna ran uk based show with uk talent) but i appreciate the logistics of what would be mental.Oddly enough I remember BigJag was in the process of working with a UK based Asian network to try and bring a Asian wrestling promotion to its screen (this was however years ago).

Personally, and in a ideal world, I'd love to see each market have it's own regional show (e.g a tna ran uk based show with uk talent) but i appreciate the logistics of what would be mental.Oddly enough I remember BigJag was in the process of working with a UK based Asian network to try and bring a Asian wrestling promotion to its screen (this was however years ago).
They could possibly do a TNA uk though couldnt they? The talent is there, its just selling out an arena week after week.

Spoilers

FFS!! :angry: You've just spoiled a massive chunk of the first series! Spoiler tag that you idiot! Edit: cheers Rick!

I'm really looking forward to this, it has huge potential! Am I right that this will air on the version of Colors we get over here (that's the channel it's airing on in India right?)?

As far as im aware, the version of Colours we get is exactly the same as the one they have in India, its just a couple of weeks behind scheduling wise. But it is a channel you have to pay extra on your Sky subscription to get if I remember correctly

Personally, and in a ideal world, I'd love to see each market have it's own regional show (e.g a tna ran uk based show with uk talent) but i appreciate the logistics of what would be mental.

Oddly enough I remember BigJag was in the process of working with a UK based Asian network to try and bring a Asian wrestling promotion to its screen (this was however years ago).

I would guess we're the only country that gets Xplosion these days as they seem to focus on the brit guys a lot on that show. it's an intresting idea but you'd probably end up with a Raw / Smackdown situation where 1 show is deemed to be the bigger show that everyone wants to be on.

If this goes well, I would definitely place bets on there being other regional promotions, with the UK being a good prospect. A battle of the regional promotions PPV down the line needs to happen, but they need to keep it seperate from TNA and it definitely needs to focus on Indian talent, and I'd expect Sonjay Dutt to figure heavily as will Khali inevitably, I think.

Nice set, too.

I forgot half you fuckers have the inability to stop reading after "here are some results". Get a fuckin grip Roy Disco, sad bastard!

A lot of regional secondary shows to be aired in the relevant country, with IMPACT as the number one show would be cool. They'd have to work hard to make sure storylines didnt overlap etc. but I think it could be done.

Personally, and in a ideal world, I'd love to see each market have it's own regional show (e.g a tna ran uk based show with uk talent) but i appreciate the logistics of what would be mental.

Oddly enough I remember BigJag was in the process of working with a UK based Asian network to try and bring a Asian wrestling promotion to its screen (this was however years ago).

I would guess we're the only country that gets Xplosion these days as they seem to focus on the brit guys a lot on that show. it's an intresting idea but you'd probably end up with a Raw / Smackdown situation where 1 show is deemed to be the bigger show that everyone wants to be on.

Yes, but you could use that to your advantage.

I.e. If you had a UK-WWE for example, it would be stupid to have the roster of UK-WWE pretend that they are on equal par with the main WWE roster. But that doesn't mean people wouldn't get behind it. In fact you present reaching the main roster as a kind of achievement, similar to how championships are used as a goal to give feuds meaning.

In addition, the main WWE ppvs could act as a way to reward the various regional talent. Give away a few spots on the rumble, a international six man tag, having guest regional title matches as the piss break matches etc. Nothing major, but a small appearance on a major ppv can give the smaller regional feds exposure and legitimacy, whilst also giving the regional fans an additional reason to tune in ("Martin Stones in the Royal Rumble... tune in to see if he can hang with the WWE best").

Hell in this day and age it wouldn't be too hard to stick some basic GEOIP techniques into the main WWE. So if you from Canada for example, the main WWE results, news, etc would be mixed in with some WWE-Canada results, news, etc. Obviously the news and results would change region to region.

This is why I think this TNA India project is so important. As it could potentially lead to a series of regional feds being born that could potentially add a great deal to the wrestling industry as a whole.

Archived