Ring Ka King

HeavyT

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ring Ka King's debut on 1/28 did a 2.2 rating, which is very good, not great for Saturday night programming on that network. That would be about 14 million viewers. The show went 67 minutes and the last seven minute overrun did a 2.9 and 18 million viewers. It got tremendous publicity because of Harbhanjan Singh and was the second highest rated show on Colors for the week (Colors is not one of the top rated networks), behind only their version of "Dancing With The Stars." They also aired an 11 p.m. replay that did a 1.1 rating, which I believe was six million viewers (getting exact numbers out of India is not easy and they often contradict), was considered a huge success because that was a last minute decision and wasn't advertised. Because of the success, Colors has now added shows on Monday through Thursday for the show from 5-5:30 p.m. What they are doing is the first half hour of the Saturday show airs on Monday, the second half hour on Tuesday the first half hour of the Sunday show on Wednesday and the second half hour of the Sunday show on Thursday. The idea is to get more kids to sample the show and build the audience. They are re-voicing the shows, because of continuity issues since shows three and four aired this weekend before the replay of one and two air during the week. The number of viewers Ring Ka King gets in India would be more than the number of viewers Raw gets all over the world combined

28.jpg>3203.jpg

"HOW'S LAUGHING NOW VINCE??!!! HEH?!"

Any news on their ratings after the debut one?

Like Meltzer mentioned, getting ratings for India can be tricky. Last week for example, two different numbers came out for the debut episode - 2.2 and 1.71. The 2.2 came from a press release rounding up the big ratings news for the week while the 1.71 came from indiantelevision.com. Most people seem to be going with 2.2 as the legit number. No word from the first [2.2] source yet but according to the second [1.71] source RKK's second episode got a 1.28. I don't know what to believe, to be honest. Either way, I expect the drop to be in that area (minus 0.4-0.5) which would be a solid retention from the first episode.

• Paid Members

RVD's joining the show this month. Most expect Hogan and Bischoff to jump on the bandwaggon as well (once its confirmed as being successful of course). They should send Bobby Roode over there. Let him show off that belt of this to a massive audience.

I think they've missed a trick with Bobby Roode. If he was a face, how good would it have looked, him doing the Bret Hart thing of going to arenas in the UK with the belt, going to India with the belt and then eventually going home to Canada as champion. Done right, that would have made him a big deal there.

I did mean to take a photo wont get another chance this week as off to Edinburgh in the morning have to keep my eye out there too! A friend also spotted one in Shephards Bush earlier so looks like they are going heavy on the promotion in areas with large indian communities.

Archived