Raw

King Pitcos

No thread on Raw yet. I've just watched it and thought it was the best one in ages. No dead spots whatsoever, except the divas match. Huge week for Zack Ryder, he must be chuffed at the minute. Ziggler looked good as well, and their feud was furthered well. Thought the contract signing featured strong work from Miz, and Punk was fine apart from one weird bit (After Ace announced the TLC match) where he didn't seem to know what to say. The Cena storyline is really intriguing. I really enjoyed the back and forth between Cole and Lawler this week too.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I recorded it so will probably watch tonight. What was the Mark Henry match like- from what I read it sounded like they jobbed him out a bit? I know he lost due to interference from Cena, but the dominant World champion losing in a few minutes to Ryder sounds worrying. Though it may play out differently when I actually watch it, so I shall see then. Can anyone that has seen it give their view? Same applies with Daniel Bryan really. They spent a good couple of weeks building him up to quite a high point, then he's jobbing in two minutes again. Was it a massive sell-job on his injured ribs that cost him the match? I just think they could use others to job to ADR & Ryder, rather than two guys that have just had a steel cage match for the World heavyweight title, seems a bit devaluing to me.

There were parts I really enjoyed, and parts that I didn't so much. What's highly unusual was that John Cena seemed to be great this week, his antics with Zack Ryder was easily the highlight of the show for me. Mr. Laurinaitis' "Mr. Exciting" as well, was a great moment.

Raw was fab this week.

Every match meant something and on the whole were all great (Divas excepted). The SmackDown stars had a proper reason to be there aside from the 'supershow' nonsense. A Nash squash was welcome and transported me back to the early 90s. Zack Ryder had more in-ring action in one night than he's had most of the year put together and carried himself well I thought - his expression when Mark Henry came out was class. Laurinaitis has been a lot better since pretending he thinks he's creative or funny - wishing JoMo the best in his future endeavors and trying to get the TLC guys together for a photo op were highlights. Ziggler was his usual self. And John Cena was a lot more likeable through this show, with his 'opportunity' speech especially. Even Jerry Lawler was doing well on commentary. The only thing that was a letdown was David Otunga just throwing away the announcement of Trips/Nash in a ladder match at the PPV. Came outta nowhere really.

Swagger: "So I'll see you at ringside then."

Ziggler: "No."

John Laurinaitis: "I'm exciting! I'm Mr. Excitement!"

CM Punk: "Whoa whoa, please, if you say it's because it's your destiny again I swear to jeebus I'm gonna start drinking."

I normally groan when Laurinaitis comes out but he was great fun last night, as Showtime said him doing what he thinks is creative and trying to be exciting in an awkward and deadpan way is entertaining. Whether he's meant to be so awkward is another matter. The future endeavours bit was great.

As others have said the whole show was really good, Cena story with Ryder was really well done and played out nicely but not sure where it leaves Cena for TLC. Ziggler was great again, his "no" was rival to Tomko's. The last promo was well done by all too, especially Punk, good mix of fun and serious. HHH/Nash was the only slight dissapointment as it's essentially an "on a pole" match. Hope there are two ladder matches like last year with one of them being Ziggler/Ryder, that would be fine then. But it'd be a shame to use the only ladder match on two guys that won't really utilize it like others could/would.

They are setting Cena up for the biggest heel turn since hogan..............No one can think having him being this goody goody is a good thing?

This could be so great if done well! Cena has done so much for Ryder now, if he does turn shitbag heel, he should destroy Ryder on a weekly basis as a pet project for fun. Ryder would come out of that a made guy and a huge star. Cena has so much potential as a heel, I think he could go full on Bob Backlund batshit and be great at it. Still cant see it happening :/

I can see a Cena heel turn more than ever now. do I think it will be long term though - No. this will be an HBK/ Hollywood Rock type deal with him being back to normal for the summer.

Ryder is of course the fodder here and will as mentioned be batted around by Cena for a few weeks, with hopefully Ryder getting a win or two in there to keep his momentum. But I can see him being sacrificed for bigger things and never recovering.

My prediction for Mania WWE title match is now CM Punk Vs Ziggler

Yeah I think the stars are alligning for the Cena turn, Im sure Ryder is going to be used for the turn. Cena's frustration will continue to build, and he has to perfect reason to fuck up Ryder with giving up his WWE Title shot for him, Ryder didnt seem to thank Cena for doing it either, so it can all be used towards Cena beating the fuck out of him for a few weeks to get over the turn. Im wondering when they'll do it though.

Im thinking they'll continue to build this budding friendship, and Cena's little frustrations, at the Rumble I can see Ryder eliminating Cena, and they'll do the turn on the RAW after that, Rock should be back around then too hopefully, so Cena can go into full heel mode.

• Paid Members
Yeah I think the stars are alligning for the Cena turn, Im sure Ryder is going to be used for the turn. Cena's frustration will continue to build, and he has to perfect reason to fuck up Ryder with giving up his WWE Title shot for him, Ryder didnt seem to thank Cena for doing it either, so it can all be used towards Cena beating the fuck out of him for a few weeks to get over the turn. Im wondering when they'll do it though.

Im thinking they'll continue to build this budding friendship, and Cena's little frustrations, at the Rumble I can see Ryder eliminating Cena, and they'll do the turn on the RAW after that, Rock should be back around then too hopefully, so Cena can go into full heel mode.

If you look at the UKFF Fantasy booking thread, this is pretty much exactly the scenario I've gone for only a year earlier! Love the use of Ryder in this if it does go that way! Could be a slice of fried gold if they nail it correctly!

Archived