Raw

King Pitcos

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It was a bit weird Punk doing a gay joke, considering the hot water he's got in over that before.

Not really as he followed it up with a classic Seinfeld quote that made everything better. In fact, if he could get a Seinfeld quote on every show (how the fuck did everyone in this thread miss that, by the way, you fucking heathens!) then that would make every Raw for me from now on.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that" has been used in wrestling loads of times before, I think. I might be remembering wrong, but I think Cena kept saying it one time when he was implying Miz and Alex Riley were bumders (which was the promo that got them in trouble with GLAAD originally).

Well that GLAAD's problem for being over-sensitive. There have been far, far worse offences than that in promos in the WWE, most notably by Cena. There was nothing wrong with this gag at all.

You could take it as Punk saying 'there's nothing wrong with that' in terms of going to see Twilight because two guys going to the pictures is hardly the same as Cena's 'your boyfriend' comments in the past. Not to mention his jibe at Justin Gabriel one week about 'alternative lifestyle choices' or something like that.

Terrible idea to make HHH/Nash a ladder/on a pole match. Awful. In a gimmick ppv, it is one of very few matches that has enough build up not to need a shitty gimmick like that. If they are that desperate to get a ladder match in, why not make a mass tag team title ladder match or something. (Admittedly I can only think of Air Boom and The Usos off hand)

You could take it as Punk saying 'there's nothing wrong with that' in terms of going to see Twilight because two guys going to the pictures is hardly the same as Cena's 'your boyfriend' comments in the past.

Yes, mocking an opponent by implying he's gay is very different from mocking an opponent by implying he's gay.

• Moderators
Terrible idea to make HHH/Nash a ladder/on a pole match. Awful. In a gimmick ppv, it is one of very few matches that has enough build up not to need a shitty gimmick like that. If they are that desperate to get a ladder match in, why not make a mass tag team title ladder match or something. (Admittedly I can only think of Air Boom and The Usos off hand)

Maybe it's because every HHH/Nash match before that hasn't been a gimmick match has been boring and shit?

• Paid Members

Maybe it's because every HHH/Nash match before that hasn't been a gimmick match has been boring and shit?

If you're expecting a ladder to change that, I'd say you're being very optimistic.

• Paid Members
You could take it as Punk saying 'there's nothing wrong with that' in terms of going to see Twilight because two guys going to the pictures is hardly the same as Cena's 'your boyfriend' comments in the past. Not to mention his jibe at Justin Gabriel one week about 'alternative lifestyle choices' or something like that.

No you couldn't, because he specifically used the words "like on a date?" It was terrible. Not offensive, just terrible

• Moderators

If you're expecting a ladder to change that, I'd say you're being very optimistic.

Haha... Perhaps. I seem to remember them having a reasonable Hell in a Cell match..? That's why I made that "non gimmick match" caveat in my post.

No you couldn't, because he specifically used the words "like on a date?" It was terrible. Not offensive, just terrible

I'm saying you COULD if you really wanted to try defend it so much. Of course it was terrible, I'm just arguing the other side of the coin.

• Paid Members

I'm saying you COULD if you really wanted to try defend it so much. Of course it was terrible, I'm just arguing the other side of the coin.

I know. I'm saying you couldn't. Because of the word date.

I'm feeling super pedantic today and will stop now.

"Took him out" is pretty tame in wrestling's homoerotic league table as well. Watching the new Stone Cold documentary (which is very good), I found it cringeworthy when there were old clips of him saying things like "I want a piece of Mike Tyson's ass" but nobody ever pointed out how it sounded. Wrestlers were forever telling other wrestlers they wanted their ass in those days. I always thought those sorts of lines would be hellish to watch it with a non-fan, especially a "what're you watching this gay shite for, son?" older relative.

Archived