Raw

King Pitcos

• Paid Members
Speaking of Morrison. Johnny Ace's "I'd like to take this opportunity to wish John Morrison the best in his future endeavours" in the final segment of Raw, was genius. Such a prick move, he did it with a big smile on his face too.

That's why I asked if his release is official yet, or are they planning on keeping him around after all and bringing him back with a worked shoot angle?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anybody else feel the promos felt a lot less scripted, particularly the opening segment? I read that HHH was in charge last night as Vince wasn't backstage ( for some reason ) maybe that was why the show was so good! Now all they need to do is get rid of those fucking divas.

Funnily enough while I was watching I said to my Mrs that Vince must be on holiday or something as everyone seemed to be having fun with their promos and the show flew past. If it is down to HHH producing then lets hope he's in charge a lot more often.

• Paid Members
It was a bit weird Punk doing a gay joke, considering the hot water he's got in over that before.

It was a weird promo from Punk. Some of it felt improvised (the very non-WWE gay jokes) but at other times it felt like he forgot his line etc, like you said.

Also, Morrison is released.

• Paid Members
Speaking of Morrison. Johnny Ace's "I'd like to take this opportunity to wish John Morrison the best in his future endeavours" in the final segment of Raw, was genius. Such a prick move, he did it with a big smile on his face too.

That's why I asked if his release is official yet, or are they planning on keeping him around after all and bringing him back with a worked shoot angle?

Hmmm...the way they are going about this, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Did anyone else hear Cole summing up how great Raw was near the end when he mentioned the announcement of Brodus Clay or something? I only skipped the divas match and I didn't hear anything, is he due next week on the 3 hour show?

He's been built up for the past few months and still hasn't debuted despite many opportunities to do so. Logical ones also. Its almost becoming a running joke on the show.

As for Morrison, they mentioned that Johnny Ace released him after the Miz assault. They didn't fully explain why other than he was attacked. They did confirm his release on television though.

Faultless Raw. WWE has been fucking blinding recently.

As for Ryder and his U.S title shot, isn't Raw in Long Island soon? That's got to be a contender for feel good moment of they year in the making, assuming I've got that right?

Apologies for the double post but if they have Ryders match IN Long Island AND turn Cena heel in the same night, that would be brilliant. They won't though.

Did anyone else hear Cole summing up how great Raw was near the end when he mentioned the announcement of Brodus Clay or something? I only skipped the divas match and I didn't hear anything, is he due next week on the 3 hour show?

He's been built up for the past few months and still hasn't debuted despite many opportunities to do so. Logical ones also. Its almost becoming a running joke on the show.

As for Morrison, they mentioned that Johnny Ace released him after the Miz assault. They didn't fully explain why other than he was attacked. They did confirm his release on television though.

Brodus Clay was trending on Twitter. I reckon it's an odd approach but it's working as he keeps having subtle references. I think he should force his way onto the show.

• Paid Members
It was a bit weird Punk doing a gay joke, considering the hot water he's got in over that before.

Not really as he followed it up with a classic Seinfeld quote that made everything better. In fact, if he could get a Seinfeld quote on every show (how the fuck did everyone in this thread miss that, by the way, you fucking heathens!) then that would make every Raw for me from now on.

It was a great Raw. I've loved most of them for months now but by blimey this was a good 'un.

The stuff they're doing between Cena and Ryder and to a lesser extent Laurinaitis now is completely superb. You're not sure which of the two are going to turn (it will be Ryder, though) and you have so many different things that could happen at TLC depending on whether Ryder wins or loses. There's gold in this thar segment, as long as they don't do one more great moment of getting bored on an angle this year and blow it off.

Cena was fantastic, but for fuck's sake when hasn't he been this year? He had an off night at Survivor Series but that was Rock's night anyway. His matches have been largely good (brilliant in the cases of Punk and Del Rio) and his promos have been cracking. I bloody love the bloke. I used to hate him with a passion. Team Rise Above Hate! Rocky sucks!

It will be interesting to see what Cena does now at TLC. They'll probably find a way to get him in the title match or maybe they'll have him as guest referee in the US Title match? That would be pretty good fun. I bloody can't wait for TLC now. WWE's PPVs have been so good this year that I don't moan about them having too many now.

Of course, there had to be one shitstain on the show and that was, what, the 106th Kelly Kelly/Eve v Natalya/Phoenix tag match of the year. For fuck's sake NO MORE. FUCKING GO AWAY. And by the way, Kelly looks fucking DREADFUL in that Maxim shoot. It's one of the worst WWE Diva photoshoots I've ever seen.

Laurinaitis still has massive flaws (he shouldn't have been laughing during that backstage Punk bit) but he delivered the most important line perfectly, and it was one more reason to laugh at John Morrison. The big prat. Has he popped up on Impact yet or has he got a 90 day thing going on? Laurinaitis is getting better, though.

Ziggler was marvellous once again, both on the mic and in the ring. His interaction with Thwagger was quality although I hope they don't saddle him in a feud with him any time soon. I tried hard to stay interested in him but he's a bit crap, isn't he? One of the worst world / WWE champions of all time? Utter, utter flop.

I enjoyed the Nash squash and the backstage bit with Otunga was pretty funny ("I don't do ladder matches." :laugh: ) but I think that Santino should fuck off now and that they should find a new comedy squash guy. Is Eric Young still on Impact? Maybe they could swap him for Morrison.

Punk / Miz / Del Rio at the end was ace stuff as well. They still have the tendency at the moment to do too many insider references and smarky comments (like the one from Miz to Ziggler about using Vickie to get a reaction - not necessary at all) but this segment was quite strong. I just hope Punk doesn't end up with a t-shirt about pier six brawling or something.

Splendid!

Not really as he followed it up with a classic Seinfeld quote that made everything better. In fact, if he could get a Seinfeld quote on every show (how the fuck did everyone in this thread miss that, by the way, you fucking heathens!) then that would make every Raw for me from now on.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that" has been used in wrestling loads of times before, I think. I might be remembering wrong, but I think Cena kept saying it one time when he was implying Miz and Alex Riley were bumders (which was the promo that got them in trouble with GLAAD originally).

Archived