Raw

King Pitcos

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No you couldn't, because he specifically used the words "like on a date?" It was terrible. Not offensive, just terrible

"Took him out" is pretty tame in wrestling's homoerotic league table as well. Watching the new Stone Cold documentary (which is very good), I found it cringeworthy when there were old clips of him saying things like "I want a piece of Mike Tyson's ass" but nobody ever pointed out how it sounded. Wrestlers were forever telling other wrestlers they wanted their ass in those days. I always thought those sorts of lines would be hellish to watch it with a non-fan, especially a "what're you watching this gay shite for, son?" older relative.

In the highlight package preceding the Triple H/Jericho match at Fully Loaded 2000, there's a montage of 3-4 separate clips of Triple H going up to various people and angrily telling them "I want Jericho's ASS!".

• Paid Members

Watching Raw now. Openings segment was good.

That WWE network commercial is brilliant, totally different to the kind of thing WWE have done before. It came across for the first time since the late 90s that they are trying to tap into the cool popular culture, that's the impression I got with that production style. Especially to a Dubstep soundtrack, which I'm guessing was Skrillex. Good stuff indeed.

Watching Raw now. Openings segment was good.

That WWE network commercial is brilliant, totally different to the kind of thing WWE have done before. It came across for the first time since the late 90s that they are trying to tap into the cool popular culture, that's the impression I got with that production style. Especially to a Dubstep soundtrack, which I'm guessing was Skrillex. Good stuff indeed.

Yeah, it cant have been produced in house, it was too good. Have they hired a seperate advertising and marketing company for the network?

Loved the show, first time in about 3 years where I've actively chosen to watch WWE over UFC (there was a repeat of "UFC's 100 Greatest Fights" on another channel). Some people say they overexposed Ryder, but I think it was great seeing new blood flourish on Raw in multiple segments. Cena is really going all out to make Ryder look good, and speaking of Cena, his intensity and delivery was as good as I can recall in recent years. Kevin Nash looked great in his squash, but the ladder match announcement really came out of left field. The return of Kane looks fantastic, and of all people, John Laurenitis almost stole the show with his monotone, "I'm Mr. Excitement," and, "I'd like to take this time to wish John Morrison the best in his future endeavours."

Also, I really hope the WWE Network is readily available internationally, I may be warming up to wrestling a bit again, I actually enjoyed WWE, not just for CM Punk or The Rock this week.

I to liked the WWe network ad but I hope it doesnt end up with Raw and SD on there and you have to pay for it. I think its something Sky would do as they know ppl would pay

I to liked the WWe network ad but I hope it doesnt end up with Raw and SD on there and you have to pay for it. I think its something Sky would do as they know ppl would pay

I really don't see this being a free channel if available over here. It will be like the MUTV type of deal I'd imagine.

+ why would you want Raw & SD on there?

I really don't see this being a free channel if available over here. It will be like the MUTV type of deal I'd imagine.

+ why would you want Raw & SD on there?

I dont want Raw or SD on there but if Sky thought they could make money from it i could see them doing it.

I doubt it'll be over here to be honest. Sky can't move stuff off the Sports channels because of the wholesale ruling that was made last year so they couldn't launch it with them. WWE couldn't go solo and renege on the Sky deal for programming/exclusivity so that would look like ruling that out for a couple of years - even then they would need to get sorted and have their own people over here to run it, stump up the cash to get it carried by Sky/Virgin/BT, sells ads etc. Who knows if the channel would still be going by then.

Question - is Johnny Ace going to end up having a wrestling match eventually? Most authority figures do, and I wondered when the last time was he actually wrestled.

• Paid Members
Yeah, it cant have been produced in house, it was too good. Have they hired a seperate advertising and marketing company for the network?

I actually smiled to myself after that commercial and said in my head 'they've got it'. That definitely made it seem 'hip'. It didn't seem as serious either. I like it when WWE, or their production team, realise that most enjoy wrestling for it being fun and silly.

Either it was produced through a seperate company or they have aked their team to look at the current popular culture market and to heavily base the ad around that. I hope they do the same for the entire network and any other production for their programmes.

And yes, I was also sitting there grinning away. It was a very good commercial, and could be one of those moments where years from now we look back and say 'That was one of the early signs of WWE changing their direction". Quite often they are quite embarassing when they try to be 'hip' and 'modern', like an embarrasing uncle, but they definitely 'got it' here. Fucking nailed on.

Question - is Johnny Ace going to end up having a wrestling match eventually? Most authority figures do, and I wondered when the last time was he actually wrestled.

I think he wrestled his last match in Japan in 2000 (or 1999), just before he joined WCW as a writer IIRC. He surely has to be in decent shape still, I'm sure with a bit of work to shake of some rust he will still be able to go. After all, he has just as many 5* matches under his belt as Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart...

Archived