Black Friday

Cobra1000

• Paid Members

I'd be interested to see how you get on with amiibo I'm still on the fence if I need a link one

Well I'm mostly buying them as collectables, but I used them on Smash Bros last night and they're actually pretty fun.

So say you have a Donkey Kong figure, you scan him in and it makes you pick an attire, a name (Dankey Kang), power them up with equipment you have, and then you can adjust their moves based on the ones you've unlocked in-game.

Once that's done, it saves all that configuration to the figure. Then when you start a fight, scan it in and that character you just made will join the fight as an AI and as it fights it levels up. I think mine are all about level 13 at the minute and the difference is astonishing in terms of how they act, how difficult they are, etc.

It's a good bit of fun for Smash, and they look really smart (except Marth who looks like a vegetable). At the minute I have Mario, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Marth, Yoshi, and Samus. Link and Fox sold out and we didn't get the others.

They work outside of Smash too apparently. They unlock attires for racers in Mario Kart 8, and unlock loot and weapons and stuff in Hyrule Warriors. They'll probably add more back-compatibility as they release figures.

I'd say they're worth the £10 asking price, and the fact they're optional and in the grand scheme of things don't effect progression in the game or how it plays, they're much more appealing than Skylanders or the Marvel ones.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

On the back of that and a £10 saving on smash I picked up a pikachu miibo only to find it won't work with mario kart. Sure it's only a costume but nintendo are advertising them to work with kart smash and hyrule. I'm sure they will address this at some point but they really should be adding what games work with certain figures.

That said they are really nicely crafted and the Mrs took smash off me till Xmas. With a bit of effort they could be good little tools.

Smythes toy store had loads of links and fox if your still looking

Most of the box sets that have been on Amazon over the course of the week are up again this afternoon - Sopranos, Parks and Rec season 4, Arrow, John Cena, WrestleMania, etc.

And wait for it ................................... the Friends box set. Better get in quick on this one.

They have had some pretty good box set deals. The complete Miami Vice box set was only £21. 

• Paid Members

I've never seen it. I only have the separate boxed sets up to season 4. Occasionally I'll see season 5 in CEX or somewhere, but from what I've read about it, I think it's best to stay away and pretend it didn't happen.

I've never seen it. I only have the separate boxed sets up to season 4. Occasionally I'll see season 5 in CEX or somewhere, but from what I've read about it, I think it's best to stay away and pretend it didn't happen.

If you already have the other 4 season box sets I would still pick up season 5 even though it was shit just to complete the collection.

Black Friday and Cyber Monday were pretty great on Amazon. I ended up with Walking Dead season 1-4, the complete Battlestar Galactica, Oceans 12-13, the complete Star Wars Saga, 24: Live Another Day, Pirates of the Caribbean 1-4, a bunch of films and the complete Pixar box set all on blu ray.

• 2 years later...

So then, any of you motherfuckers got any tips or finds?  All I've got so far is The Witcher 3 GOTY edition on the xbox store for 15 sheets.  Will bee looking out for a mid priced laptop, a coffee machine, buttplugs and camera lenses.

They've been running Buy One Get One for £1 on tees a few times lately, you'd be better off waiting for that to come round again.

People seem to get so swept up in the hype of the whole thing that they don't seem to notice that the sales from the big companies aren't actually that good. Just look through the list of Black Friday deals on Amazon: "ooh, some 'Sush! I watching The Walking Dead' socks. Was £7.99, now only £5.59 you say? Just what I need". Granted, if you really go looking I'm sure you'll find something, but the majority of it is a right load of shite

Archived