Black Friday

Cobra1000

So Black Friday is usually the Friday after Thanksgiving in America, however seems this year (and actually last year) that Amazon.co.uk and other retailers are doing stuff the same as our American cousins. However ours is running all this week! So i thought that the UKFF could do with a thread and we can share/point out bargains to one another!

here is a link to Amazon.co.uk's Black Friday Page

Got anything good yet?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Black Friday? Isn't that when people who never go out, go on works Xmas parties and get drunk after four pints?

You're thinking of crazy or mad Friday, the one before Christmas day.

It's the yanks version of boxing day sales. Ish.

• Paid Members

we've always called Black Friday the Friday before Xmas, it's the time when factories/offices break up for the holidays...probably the worst night out of the year, i hate it.

I'm all for cheap shit though so i'll look into the other Black Friday.

Black Friday? Isn't that when people who never go out, go on works Xmas parties and get drunk after four pints?

You're thinking of crazy or mad Friday, the one before Christmas day.

Mad Friday is the Friday when trades break up for Christmas, not the Friday before Christmas. So it's the 16th December. Can't stand town around Christmas myself anymore.

6 months of LoveFilm for 17.50 is the best of the Amazon deals I've seen so far. Wasn't quick enough to get it but hopefully that'll come back around later in the week.

Did decide to take a punt on the Driver game for tenner which will hopefully fill a bit of the void left till Criterion Games stop messing around and make a proper Burnout game again

For the most part, so far this years Black Friday week has been pretty awful. Last year's wasn't great at this point but was still better than this year's. The Amazon.com is much better as well, some cheap DVD boxset deals so far. I think Monday summed up how good this year's .co.uk one has been so far when the big surprise reveal at the end of the first day was a set of animal print lingerie which barely sold.

Edit: Every season of the great It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is up on .com in just over an hour or so. Judging by their other DVD deals I expect it'll be $7.99 each, which is well worth it.

Archived