Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Scott Dawson's been sounding off again on Twitter, according to the Observer....

• Some interesting stuff on Twitter from Scott Dawson of The Revival during last week's episode of SmackDown: "We're the hottest act in tag team wrestling. You think we're going to debut in a stupid multi-team gimmick match?" Bubba Ray Dudley replied: "Great job. You managed to insult the entire creative tam and your fellow workers in 1 tweet. Complete disrespect." And Brian James said: "Keep talking like that and you won't debut at all."

You know reading that on one level I think "sure, why not". Nothing wrong with being an Oasis about it and swaggering in like you're better than everyone and you're going to rule the world forever. Why shouldn't wrestlers do that anymore? What a bunch of babies.

The use of the word 'gimmick' is the red herring that betrays the whole thing though and just makes him sound like an antsy mark. Either kayfabe it or shut up.

• Paid Members

That's bound to be because the word Gimmick can be used in a real world context for loads of every day things, not just as wrestle speak.

If he doesn't have the go-ahead to say these things over Twitter then he could be in a bit of bother, but he must have the go ahead as he couldn't be dumb enough to put something like that up that could be taken badly by a lot of people.

It's on Twitter that he wasn't being serious and removed it out of respect for Road Dogg who took a bit of Kayfabe seriously.

Considering one of his other tweets is asking for the removal of his takeover match because he doesn't want people to be reminded that they lost, I'm assuming he usually posts in character...

It's on Twitter that he wasn't being serious and removed it out of respect for Road Dogg who took a bit of Kayfabe seriously.

Considering one of his other tweets is asking for the removal of his takeover match because he doesn't want people to be reminded that they lost, I'm assuming he usually posts in character...

In that case I'm mortified for Corporate Road Dogg. Maybe the initial "he's such a sellout" as soon as he stopped saying 'ass' was a bit overzealous but he really does seem to be becoming a complete drip whose eaten a bit too much of the "this isn't fights, it's a media company!" mentality.

This is also why people love X-Pac now. In addition to being a nice guy he doesn't seem to have changed his attitude on the business. He's one of those guys like Hall who'll Google image a crappy image of himself with a grungy old WWF Attiude logo on it and use it as his online backdrop.

I love wrestlers who have not really left the 90s.

Edited by Gay as FOOK