Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

So there's word going around that Sting is set to have a match at SummerSlam and Taker is scheduled to appear.  This will probably plant the seed for a Sting V Undertaker showdown at WrestleMania 32.

Who is Sting going to fight though? Wyatt after he loses to Reigns?

• Paid Members

Taker's flight to wherever Battleground is being held is being covered by WWE, plus he's scheduled to appear at RAW Monday night it seems as well, interesting to see him back so early on, but it does sow seeds that this could be his final year and have him go out with a couple of matches at the bigger shows.

I think Lesnar V Taker at SummerSlam can be ruled out as Brock has only just turned babyface. If Taker's return storyline is about him sticking up for Kane (who is still a heel) would come across as a bit far fetched to me. When was the last time Taker bothered with Kane on WWE TV? Sting's opponent for SummerSlam will be a mystery too as Wyatt would be the obvious choice but surely his feud with Reigns will go through SummerSlam aswell before it's done.

Could we get that Taker V Sting match at SummerSlam to hit back at the poor ratings lately? Or is it just a coincidence that both guys are set to appear on Raw this Monday?

• Paid Members

I'm thinking he may be involved with the Lesnar/Rollins match and we get Lesnar/Undertaker at SummerSlam.

Yup cause the Undertaker will be rushing to get back in the ring with the guy who hospitalised him, Taker was too old and decrepit 16 months ago to handle a Lesnar match, no way is he having another. Besides Lesnar isn't losing to a 50+ year old man who's on his way out, and Taker isn't losing to Lesnar twice in just over a year.

Edited by stumobir

I'm thinking he may be involved with the Lesnar/Rollins match and we get Lesnar/Undertaker at SummerSlam.

Yup cause the Undertaker will be rushing to get back in the ring with the guy who hospitalised him, Taker was too old and decrepit 16 months ago to handle a Lesnar match, no way is he having another. Besides Lesnar isn't losing to a 50+ year old man who's on his way out, and Taker isn't losing to Lesnar twice in just over a year.

Fair enough, just a bit of wild fantasy booking.

I guess we shall see.

with the 'dont mention my family' stuff the last couple of weeks on Raw could it be Seth vs Taker?

I can't see the Lesnar V Rollins feud to come full circle at Battleground. Expect a rematch at SummerSlam with an added stipulation.

On Raw, Taker and/or Kane come out and cost him it so he gets one/both at SS then can chase Lesnar bitching about hoe he never got a fair rematch?

with the 'dont mention my family' stuff the last couple of weeks on Raw could it be Seth vs Taker?

I can't see the Lesnar V Rollins feud to come full circle at Battleground. Expect a rematch at SummerSlam with an added stipulation.

I don't know that it's worth using a Lesnar match on a shitty "cop-out DQ, rematch next month" main event though, partly because doing so would send the message that an A-lister on a B-show is a waste of time. I think the SummerSlam match would seem more special without being a Battleground rematch.

Sheamus, maybe? Although at this point I can't see a loss to Sting being a good thing for a heel near the top, Sting losing again definitely isn't a good thing, and is it worth paying him just to squash Bo Dallas or whoever? Actually, Sting vs Stardust could be good.