Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

From how it read on Meltzer's site, Payback is a proper "ppv" style event, whereas Elimination Chamber has been reduced this year to being a Network exclusive show that will be taped after a Raw or SmackDown like King Of The Ring was a few weeks back.

• Paid Members

It's too many shows at a time of year where they are struggling to fill their TV with interesting content. I can see the logic in making Elimination Chamber a Network exclusive because it is a draw but there's no time to build it. Also, if it's a show chucked out and taped before Smackdown, does the outcome have any consequence?

Elimination Chamber is a great concept, the only problem I had with it was that it was badly positioned as the February PPV. I'd personally save it as a gimmick that headlines Survivor Series each year.

Maybe the Tag Title one could be a 4 Way. Each team picks a guy to start. Other guy in the pod. Normal elimination rules, but they only count when both members of a team in the match. One guy goes. They both do to make it easier.

Chances are, for the IC Title one, they pick guys from the Mania Ladder Match and a Wildcard

From how it read on Meltzer's site, Payback is a proper "ppv" style event, whereas Elimination Chamber has been reduced this year to being a Network exclusive show that will be taped after a Raw or SmackDown like King Of The Ring was a few weeks back.

Nope. It's still an actual full PPV event live on the Sunday, it's just 'exclusive' to the Network (which isn't saying much considering they barely have any real PPV buyers left).