Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Wait, so what were the issues between Piper and WWE?

Not sure if I'm on board for the "inducting matches" idea. It seems a bit unjust that a wrestler could get a HOF ring for a match, which may last 20 minutes, when traditionally the HOF honours entire careers. Maybe if there was some method of distinction between the two inductions- like the match rings being silver or something. I'm sure there's a few wrestlers out there who wouldn't be considered HOF-worthy in general, but might have had that one great match that puts them on par with others' legendary careers.

That's not really an issue, there's plenty of people with Hall of Fame rings who don't deserve them. Like Abyss. WWE would be selecting the matches that go in anyway, so it's hardly like anyone is going to get in for having one good match. It'll be matches like the WM1 main event, Steamboat/Savage, Hogan/Andre, Brett/Shawn, Austin/Rock etc

In fact this year would have been a good year to only induct matches since it's a milestone event. It could have been star studded to fuck

Edited by UK Kat Von D

Who's still outstanding, at it stands? Savage, Rude, Owen, Bulldog... I realise there's a common theme here. Surely Jake will go in now, after he turned up the other week. Hall and Nash should go in. Outside the box.... Heyman/Bischoff?

Heyman will go in before Bischoff does.

Savage is the glaring omission, but I think that will change eventually, and assuming that what Lanny said it the other year is complete shit (about it being a collective Poffo Family induction). Doubt that Rude and Bulldog will go in anytime soon as being a pair of roidy-magoos who died before their time.

In terms of big names (exlcuding Warrior whos now been announced and the aforementioned Savage), the only other marquee name would be Sting, wouldn't it? Thats before Undertaker goes in once he retires obviously

They're doing it because they're running out of stars to go in. Blowing their load by putting all the big matches in this year is the opposite of the logic that's probably behind it.

Not really, they could easily pick ten matches from the past 30 years of Wrestlemanias and still have plenty left to work with in future. Especially if every other year only one match is included

Ok, this is the most minor of minor news...Watching Sport Relief Bake Off (read perving over Victoria Pendleton)...and all of a sudden, Michael Ball says he's making a cake in homage to Big Daddy...and then attempts to rip his arm off putting a skewer into a moving mixer blade.