Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Not sure of his credible source status on the forum but Brian Alvarez is reporting this on Figure Four Daily:

It appears that either Battleground or Hell in a Cell will be dropped in 2014. They'll still be running 13 PPVs, however, as they are going to add a second PPV to June, bringing back the Bash at the Beach. There is also talk that the October PPV may feature a WarGames match, something fans have been asking about for a long time. The only potential hang-up is that Survivor Series usually features four-on-four matches and it would be weird to do a four-on-four in October and in November.

Probably utter shite, but I'd definitely mark for deckchairs and beach balls making a comeback to pro wrestling.

Edited by Forrest

Not sure of his credible source status on the forum but Brian Alvarez is reporting this on Figure Four Daily:

It appears that either Battleground or Hell in a Cell will be dropped in 2014. They'll still be running 13 PPVs, however, as they are going to add a second PPV to June, bringing back the Bash at the Beach. There is also talk that the October PPV may feature a WarGames match, something fans have been asking about for a long time. The only potential hang-up is that Survivor Series usually features four-on-four matches and it would be weird to do a four-on-four in October and in November.

Probably utter shite, but I'd definitely mark for deckchairs and beach balls making a comeback to pro wrestling.

I'm still amazed they haven't used the Halloween Havoc name.

Bash at the Beach would actually work well for the WWE. Fits in with the current family friendly product too if they ever decided to do a show outside in the summer.

• Paid Members
Ian Rotten apparently has cancer according to his Facebook.

I know it's awful to not believe someone having a life-threatening illness, but this is Ian bloody Rotten. If it's true, I hope he beats it, but if in three weeks, I see tribute dinners to "pay his medical bills", I wouldn't be surprised at all.

It took him 2 months to beat this thing. What a guy. Almost like he never had it.

I have been given a clean bill of health with the exception of my diabetes that will become a priority as I have lost 24 lbs, which gives me a good jump start on the weight loss that I need to do to get my diabetes under control. So over the last 9 days I have been trying to get things back in order to get my life back to some normalcy. Yes, this includes running wrestling shows. So on Friday night, December 6th, IWA Mid South wrestling returns to the Colgate Gym in Clarksville, In. 7:30 belltime, for A Big Ass Christmas Bash: Past, Present and Future! Tickets for this event will be $20, $15 and $10, $7 for kids 12 and under, 2nd and 3rd row seats will both be $15 but will be marked second and third row tickets, they will not be first come, first served, if you are owed anything from the cancellled shows please do not hesitate to contact me here on FB or through my e-mail address IanRottenIWA@gmail.com or as always you are welcome to call me 815 528 0792. I will be taking requests of credit from people who are owed from the cancelled shows throughout the weekend, and then Monday tickets will go on sale. I appreciate everybodys patience and prayers throughout these trying times. I cannot tell you how much it has meant to me. Looking forward to seeing everybody December 6th, as we look to get back the great momentum we had fron the June and July shows. I cannot tell you how forward I am looking to bringing real hardcore wrestling, as only IWA can do it, back to the Kentuckiana area.

• Paid Members
Alvarez is a fucking gonk.

He sure is. He thinks :

Survivor Series usually features four-on-four matches

.... when the bulk of (and the most important) Survivors matches have been five-on-five with only the occasional exception (Spirit Squad's match in 2006) since bastard 2004, and the elimination tags presented in 2003 and 2001 were five-on-five as well. The show hasn't "usually" featured four-on-four since 2000 and prior.

I know it's a minor quibble, but if you make a living writing about wrestling you should know this shit, when those of us who don't earn anything from wrestling DO.

• Paid Members

The Ian Rotten news is brilliant for me. Bar WWF from 1999-2001, IWA Mid South from 2004-2006 is my favourite wrestling ever. His detractors can say all they want but Ian sure knows how to put on a brilliant wrestling show. I'd go so far as to say that the 2004 TPI is my favourite wrestling card of all time (cheating I know because it's technically two cards). Now I haven't had the chance to check out the new Mid South shows yet but I'm sure there'll be plenty more good stuff to be had from IWA. Just as long as there's another KOTDM, I've always preferred them over Tournament of Death.

• Paid Members
The Ian Rotten news is brilliant for me. Bar WWF from 1999-2001, IWA Mid South from 2004-2006 is my favourite wrestling ever. His detractors can say all they want but Ian sure knows how to put on a brilliant wrestling show. I'd go so far as to say that the 2004 TPI is my favourite wrestling card of all time (cheating I know because it's technically two cards). Now I haven't had the chance to check out the new Mid South shows yet but I'm sure there'll be plenty more good stuff to be had from IWA. Just as long as there's another KOTDM, I've always preferred them over Tournament of Death.

Rotten has always seemed like a massive cunt.

As much as you may like IWA 04 to 06, and that's grand (although how any one could claim that is the second best of wrestling ever is quite concerning), how much of that was really down to amazing work and skill on Ian's part?

In fairness, Ian was actually a really good wrestler outside of the stupid hardcore stuff. He could go on the mat way better than most would give him credit for, just based on his looks or his past form in ECW. I hear he can be a pretty awful human being, though.