Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Kanyon was good.

Very good. Just not 'main event' good. He was perfect as a comedic midcarder. I loved him, and the 'moves' thing was only a tiny part of it.

Did a mean version of 'Do you weewee want to huwt me, do you weewee want to make me cwy?" too :laugh:

Didnt Kanyon claim he was held back in the WWE because he was gay? Wonder if there was any truth to it.

I would say that he got more out of the WWE than he had any right too, certainly wasn't held back. I guy like him, getting a semi-main event at Summerslam was way more than he ever should have got.

I wouldn't say it was a semi-main really. Also, A guy like him?

Yes, anyone that takes it up the chuffer shouldn't be in the main event.

I assume thats the sort of response you were wanting???

I meant someone that was very average in the ring (no pun intended) and didn't have the look to stand out as anything over than a lower-midcarder, especially at a time when WWE was riddled with Main event talent.

• Paid Members
Cool, it shouldn't be a big deal but it is, I hope his character gets to be gay on TV but don't change his gimmick.

Hang on, what does this even mean? What would you constitute as 'being gay' on TV? Dressing up flamboyantly or kissing men or something? If he's gay, then he's already gay on TV. It's his sexual orientation, not an occupation or outfit or something that visually stands out!

• Paid Members
Cool, it shouldn't be a big deal but it is, I hope his character gets to be gay on TV but don't change his gimmick.

Hang on, what does this even mean? What would you constitute as 'being gay' on TV? Dressing up flamboyantly or kissing men or something? If he's gay, then he's already gay on TV. It's his sexual orientation, not an occupation or outfit or something that visually stands out!

That's the total opposite of what I meant. I mean I'd like it if they acknowledged it and keep him the same because it's a positive thing. Hadn't really thought about how they could bring it up though.

Well said. Unless he's got an on-screen girlfriend (sorry, don't really know much about him) then he's not being presented as either gay OR straight on tv.

• Paid Members

His gayness isn't a foreign object. It's not like he's going to keep it in a bag at the side of the ring, with the odd camera zoom and shivers from the commentators every time he bluffs wrapping it around Andre.

I don't think this needs to be acknowledged at all, what's the point?

He's a heel, he doesn't need to promote fairness yet. If he turns face, then again, there's no point in acknowledging it unless he takes part in an anti bullying campaign or similar.

For now though he's a heel.

• Paid Members
Why the shit isn't Otunga on the main roster?

I've said it before, bu he's got nearly every attribute they want and he's nowhere near as bad as some of the shite they've bad near the top of the card before.

Probably because he's one of the worst wrestlers on the planet I imagine.

He's not that bad is he?

I'd have thought the positives outweigh the negatives, in his case.

Celebrity wife, great look, proper career. He's like a Vince wet dream become manifest.

I think they don't know what to do with him. His speaking voice, personality, background etc position him as a Brad Maddox comedy jobber/authority figure, but he's got one of the best bodies on the roster. And he doesn't seem to have figured out how to wrestle either a comedy style or a strongman style. He's a mishmash of things that don't necessarily go together well, or at least that nobody involved has figured out how to tie together. He might have got fucked off with wrestling as well if he's not picking it up well and the company aren't happy with his work etc. He might have just decided that reality TV, films, law and speaking engagements are where his future lies.