Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

They really should keep it to two matches, maybe three at the very most. Lethal Lockdown's always a good gimmick - it's their Elimination Chamber really (especially as they're not doing King Of The Mountain any more), and have a main event singles title match in the cage. If they do have a third one, it should only be kept for absolute grudge matches - the cage surprisingly doesn't suit the X-Division all that well, I find, probably because it actually limits flying about and the number of spectacular spots they can pull off.

You know how WWE's cage matches and mega-cage matches always feel dramatically scripted? TNA's feel like WCW's ones - chaotic and insane. I like that. Lethal Lockdown always reminds me of those multi-tier WCW cage matches.

• Paid Members

Truth be told, I'd like TNA to bring back King Of The Mountain. Yes, it was bloody silly and convoluted, but I really enjoyed the matches. Just one of those things that shouldn't have worked on paper, but did in practice.

The Thunderdome or whatever they called the round-roofed cage was the opposite - should've been great for the X-Division, but when it came to it was just shite. And any chance of it being used again was killed off when Homicide jobbed to the exit.

Truth be told, I'd like TNA to bring back King Of The Mountain. Yes, it was bloody silly and convoluted, but I really enjoyed the matches. Just one of those things that shouldn't have worked on paper, but did in practice.

The Thunderdome or whatever they called the round-roofed cage was the opposite - should've been great for the X-Division, but when it came to it was just shite. And any chance of it being used again was killed off when Homicide jobbed to the exit.

I think one of the major flaws with the "Terrordome" concept match was the red bars. They were distracting and sort of made the match difficult to watch.

King of the Mountain was great. It took me a while to fully understand the concept but there was some great matches. Especially at Slammiversary 2009 which had an X-Division one on the card aswell.

The absolute shittest concept match TNA brought out was that awful "Reverse Battle Royal". Fuck you Russo and your terrible ideas.

• Paid Members

I think the Reverse Battle Royal in itself isn't a terrible idea - until it was actually done, there's no real way to have known if it would be any good or not. I think what happened was probably the best anyone could've managed, i.e. done it once, found it was rubbish, and decided never to do it again. It was one of those "trial and error" match types.

I couldn't see it ever working. Even the name is ridiculous. I also didn't like how the aim was to put the belt on the hook on King of the Mountain. Once you've done that, what do you do? Take it back down. It's different for the sake of being different. The penalty box was good from what I remember.

Was it at Lockdown that the 'Electrified Cage' match took place? Team 3D vs LAX i believe it was? That was terrible.

I've been trying to find a video of this for ages. A good quality version anyway.

No luck, I think TNA has tried to delete any trace of this match ever happening.

Edited by wrestlingmad

Its not a terrible event by any means but the Cage looks terrible and looks like its made out of rope from what I remember.

During the Electric Cage Match, didn't they play a really cartoony sound when Devon hit the cage? I remember the lights dimmed abit. It looked and sounded terrible

I reckon things like this are worth a shot. I like stuff like this. As Carbomb says, you never really know until you do it whether it'll work.