Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

He's been on national TV for 18 months. What more experience does he need? Fucking about in developmental doing a comedy gimmick isn't what a bloke of his size with his look should be doing at all.

I disagree. He was pushed onto TV before he was ready for it, and suffered because of it. Letting him get some seasoning off the radar allows him to return later a more rounded character. Just being "a bloke of his size" isn't enough, otherwise Matt Morgan would be a multiple time WWE champion by now.

Agreed.

And also, to clarify again, it's not a comedy gimmick. Crimson is OVW's top heel and leading OVW's top heel group. The gimmick has some comedic aspects to it, sure, but it's not a comedy gimmick.

• Paid Members
I disagree. He was pushed onto TV before he was ready for it, and suffered because of it. Letting him get some seasoning off the radar allows him to return later a more rounded character. Just being "a bloke of his size" isn't enough, otherwise Matt Morgan would be a multiple time WWE champion by now.

This is TNA. They have so much shite on the roster. The fact he isn't on the current roster (and hasn't been a regular since June), tells you all you need to know about him. Hernandez can't talk, can't wrestle and is in his late 60s and he has a spot on the roster.

They're doing a heel gimmick where they're in charge of a spoof military group

So yeah, of course they look like idiots. That's kinda the point of the gimmick.

And also, to clarify again, it's not a comedy gimmick.

Cheers, mate.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

They're doing a heel gimmick where they're in charge of a spoof military group

So yeah, of course they look like idiots. That's kinda the point of the gimmick.

And also, to clarify again, it's not a comedy gimmick.

Cheers, mate.

Yes, indeed. Like I said, there are some comedic elements to the gimmick but it's not a comedy gimmick. You're not supposed to laugh at them. You're supposed to be annoyed by them because they're over-the-top, delusional and are kind of spoofing something very serious such as the U.S. army.

This is TNA. They have so much shite on the roster. The fact he isn't on the current roster (and hasn't been a regular since June), tells you all you need to know about him. Hernandez can't talk, can't wrestle and is in his late 60s and he has a spot on the roster.

I agree there's a lot of shite on the roster, but Crimson requested to go to developmental because they didn't have a story for him at the time. The fact that TNA allowed him to do so rather than continue to have him tread water in a sea of blandness tells me they have some faith in him for the future.

• Paid Members

Should have got better outfits then. Which was my original point.

I agree there's a lot of shite on the roster, but Crimson requested to go to developmental because they didn't have a story for him at the time. The fact that TNA allowed him to do so rather than continue to have him tread water in a sea of blandness tells me they have some faith in him for the future.

For me, they should have put him with Kid Kash or something. Crimson was only shite. He wasn't abysmal like Morgan and Hernandez. And he's actually improved a shit load before being taken off TV. If they'd have teamed him with Kid Kash or Gunner or someone like that, he could have learned while he worked on TV. I actually think he's decent and didn't deserve to be taken off TV when he did. His delusions of his streaks importants when he kept sneaking count out wins was the best run he'd had since he debuted.

The thing is Bischoff has went on record several times that he likes to cycle people in and out of the show in order to keep the show/the characters more fresh and this has been especially true in TNA since Prichard took over the booking. Lots of guys have had breaks from being on TV within the past year. Granted, certain people's breaks have been longer than others' but people are constantly being cycled in and out of the show. Whereas before Russo kept guys on TV all the time, just because, now it's different. Now you're very unlikely to be on TV if they don't have specific plans for you. This is where someone like a Gunner or a Crimson falls right now. They have no specific storyline plans for them right now so they don't use them on TV. They can easily use them as job guys and beat them on TV every week just because they're not figured into any storylines (like Russo would have done) but they don't. Instead they keep them off TV until they have something for them... or decide they no longer need their services.

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members

When I saw Gunner walk into a gym and slap around a load of lads for ages while yelling "where's Garrett?" I knew from that day on I loved him. Gunner carried Garrett to the only interesting thing he'd ever done. A literal one man show for the whole angle. Its shocking they haven't done anything with him. I'd bring in Lance Hoyt and have them wear the hooded leather jacket and red skull masks like Hoyt does in New Japan. Gunner would look good in the red skull.

c67d7cc3353feea91006cbc49fcf33a8.jpeg

• Paid Members

I never liked Crimson, but that was 80% down to the way he looks and probably 20% because he was pushed pretty hard to start with, when he clearly wasn't ready for it. Hard to explain exactly why his look bothers me, but the ginger hair and shite tattoos don't help.

It's a bit weird Gunner hasn't been part of the A&8s storyline yet as he's be a perfect fit for the gimmick. The guy has all the tools to be a big star for TNA, so I hope they have something in mind for him.

Crimson I haven't missed a bit since he left. Something about him reminded me of Test, which isn't good.

Another story about why Cena is the man of his generation:

Long-time pro wrestler George South, whose career dates back to the mid-1980s, offered his perspective on today's top wrestling star, John Cena, during an exclusive interview on Friday's PWTorch Livecast.

"Right before Jack Brisco died, (long-time wrestler) Paul Jones and Jack Brisco used to get together and eat lunch in Florida. Paul Jones - who doesn't even keep up with wrestling now - went to eat with Jack Brisco and there was a guy with Jack Brisco who sat there the whole time and didn't say a word; he just listened to these two old-timers," South told PWTorch senior columnist Bruce Mitchell.

"They got ready to leave and Paul said to Jack, 'You're not going to introduce your friend?' And Jack said, 'Paul, You don't know who this is? This is the top guy in WWE. This is John Cena.' So, Paul Jones was so impressed that John Cena just sat there with so much respect and kept his mouth shut. He didn't butt in like so many people do now. He just listened to these two old-timers talk. I thought that was a great story about John Cena."

George South added perspective from WWE Hall of Famer "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase.

"There's a reason why he is the most-requested guy in the Make-a-Wish. Ted DiBiase told me a couple of months ago that he has never seen anyone work as hard as John Cena as far as doing the publicity work. He just does everything they ask him to do," South said.

Not really sure if you'd class this as news but just seen this on Kory Chavis' Facebook and it made me laugh:

Last night, a wrestler called the COps on another wrestler for punching him DURING A MATCH!!!! Worst can't express how pussified that is. I've seen a lot in my 14 years, but that takes the pansy cake!!!!

The reason why Z! True Long Island Story ended last week and WWE Download (hosted by Ziggler) ended this week is because WWE's 1-year contract with Youtube is up, according to Ziggler.

Not good news for those here wanting rid of Ryder. I just hope WWE keep 'Are You Serious?' going, either on Youtube or WWE.com.

The reason why Z! True Long Island Story ended last week and WWE Download (hosted by Ziggler) ended this week is because WWE's 1-year contract with Youtube is up, according to Ziggler.

Not good news for those here wanting rid of Ryder. I just hope WWE keep 'Are You Serious?' going, either on Youtube or WWE.com.

What? why do they need a contract with youtube to upload these videos? :s