Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

The business the old southern WCW fanbase liked isnt there anymore. Modern wrestling isnt what they watched back in the 80s. Imagine 2 million Jim Cornettes. They wont give anything that is different from their idea of wrestling a chance.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

Yeah, look at the pops the old NWA guys would get in the Crockett towns in the mid-late 90s even when they were meant to be heels. They wanted their 'rasslin, and WWF was never going to give them that, so they just stopped watching.

• Paid Members

I just popped in here to post this after a mate told me about this. In wrestling terms it's nothing new, but in the current climate, how fucking silly.

Edited by John Matrix

I just popped in here to post this after a mate told me about this. In wrestling terms it's nothing new, but in the current climate, how fucking silly.

Also reported on the bbc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-35967298

• Paid Members

This kinda stuff being going on for years but it is bad timing and someone over reacting

How is it "over-reacting"? The guy publicised it by complaining about it on Twitter, he's not fire-bombing Butlin's offices. What do you think would've been an appropriate reaction?