Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

They want one massive show a year to build to.

I've had a theory for a few years now that Wrestlemania has grown too big for the company's overall health. At times, the other 11 months of the year can feel (to me anyway) like pointless filler ramping up to the big one. There used to be some parity up until the last 10 years maybe, Wrestlemania wasn't that much of a bigger deal than Summerslam etc,

Majorly clutching at straws here but with 24 hour tubes coming in, could they do it before the clocks change in the States, start at 8pm, kick people out at Midnight for 4pm-8pm ET, 2pm-6pm PT. Given the Mayor would need to bid for it anyway, perhaps they could delay curfew by an hour or two.

It's all so unlikely, though, I concede.

Majorly clutching at straws here but with 24 hour tubes coming in, could they do it before the clocks change in the States, start at 8pm, kick people out at Midnight for 4pm-8pm ET, 2pm-6pm PT. Given the Mayor would need to bid for it anyway, perhaps they could delay curfew by an hour or two.

It's all so unlikely, though, I concede.

You can imagine the jobsworth and busy-body types that would make it their mission to make sure that curfew times are upheld. 

Surely the biggest downside to Wembly for Wrestlemania is the weather. The roof does not completely close, so people say on the pitch and the ring itself would be exposed to the elements. At least in August there is a reasonable chance of fair weather for SummerSlam but in March or April rain would be quite likely.

Surely the biggest downside to Wembly for Wrestlemania is the weather. The roof does not completely close, so people say on the pitch and the ring itself would be exposed to the elements. At least in August there is a reasonable chance of fair weather for SummerSlam but in March or April rain would be quite likely.

They did it at the Metlife in New Jersey which has no roof whatsoever. The weather in NY/NJ is a lot harsher than the weather in London in April.

Millennium Stadium would be an infinitely better stadium than Wembley for a hypothetical hosting of Wrestlemania.

Yeah. If only they could move the Millennium Stadium to London.

A WrestleMania over here would be fantastic but not sure how easy it would be for them to sort it all out with Logistics etc. It would 100% sell out though as you would imagine most in Europe would be coming to London for this. Then you'd think they would also do a UK tour just before with a go-home Raw etc in Manchester and really push for it.

Would be awesome. 

Go home RAW in Manchester and post-Mania RAW at the O2 would make for a hell of a week if it was to happen .

Don't get me wrong, contray to what I said the other day about the possibility of it happening here, I would love for it to happen. I know alot of people see going to the US for it as part of the experience which I understand, but purely for the sake of bank balance it would so much easier if it were to be in London. Hope on the train on the Sunday, cheap hotel (Z-Room is like sleeping in a cupboard, but you get what you pay for) and tube it the rest of the time and be back home the next day would be great.

But I just don't envision it ever happening, but I'd love to be proven wrong

Edited by WyattSheepMask