Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Courtesy of IPW:UK's Facebook page...

VINCE RUSSO TO JOIN IPW:UK AS EIP FROM JAN 1ST 2015

LONDON, ENG (December 19, 2014) - effective as of January 1st, IPW:UK are proud to announce the signing of the world famous Vince Russo to take over control as the Executive In Power of International Pro Wrestling: United Kingdom (aka, IPW:UK).

Courtesy of IPW:UK's Facebook page...

VINCE RUSSO TO JOIN IPW:UK AS EIP FROM JAN 1ST 2015

LONDON, ENG (December 19, 2014) - effective as of January 1st, IPW:UK are proud to announce the signing of the world famous Vince Russo to take over control as the Executive In Power of International Pro Wrestling: United Kingdom (aka, IPW:UK).

Another company for him to put to sleep.

Going through the Sky Guide it doesn't look like Sky are going to air Tribute to the Troops at all this year. Not even the NBC 1hr version they used to show. I usually just download the full 2hr version from the USA Network anyway.

I used to quite like the ones filmed in Iraq because it was quite cool seeing matches take place in the middle of a desert with helicopters flying above etc. but since they've shifted them back to America it's been a miss for me, due to the OTT patriotism that has been mentioned.

Going through the Sky Guide it doesn't look like Sky are going to air Tribute to the Troops at all this year. Not even the NBC 1hr version they used to show. I usually just download the full 2hr version from the USA Network anyway.

I used to quite like the ones filmed in Iraq because it was quite cool seeing matches take place in the middle of a desert with helicopters flying above etc. but since they've shifted them back to America it's been a miss for me, due to the OTT patriotism that has been mentioned.

Agreed. Those first few TTTT specials that were done outside with the soldiers standing around the ring drinking their Budweiser's had a different look to it. But now it just looks like something they've put together before a Smackdown taping.

"World Famous" Vince Russo, it said. World famous.

What is Executive in Power? Is that a storyline thing or what? I can't imagine Russo making frequent trips to the UK? Is he going to be booking by Skype?

I'm sure he will talk more about this on The Swerve,so remember to check out The Swerve guys, I will have more info about this subject on The Swerve.

I'm not going to get into this just now but I promise I will answer all of your questions on The Swerve.

If any of you have listened to Russo on Raw you will know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Glass Smash

"World Famous" Vince Russo, it said. World famous.

What is Executive in Power? Is that a storyline thing or what? I can't imagine Russo making frequent trips to the UK? Is he going to be booking by Skype?

I'm sure he will talk more about this on The Swerve,so remember to check out The Swerve guys, I will have more info about this subject on The Swerve.

I'm not going to get into this just now but I promise I will answer all of your questions on The Swerve.

If any of you have listened to Russo on Raw you will know what I'm talking about.

Think I'll give it the swerve mate.