Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Not sure on the laws at all but is there not a good chance that with a conviction and no job Emma won't be allowed to stay in the US for long?

The charges are being wiped clean as a result of her doing an on-line course and a day's community service. Some weird U.S. justice thing.

That's what makes her release even more baffling, as it was total misunderstanding that was just unfortunate. It's highly unlikely she deliberately went out of her way to rob a $20 iPod case.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Not sure on the laws at all but is there not a good chance that with a conviction and no job Emma won't be allowed to stay in the US for long?

The charges are being wiped clean as a result of her doing an on-line course and a day's community service. Some weird U.S. justice thing.

That's what makes her release even more baffling, as it was total misunderstanding that was just unfortunate. It's highly unlikely she deliberately went out of her way to rob a $20 iPod case.

She was a bit of a flop on the main roster so they have probably seen it as an excuse to get rid of her.

Also, its a publicly traded company and she's brought a small level of bad publicity onto them. They probably thought it was better to pick their battles and save their energy for when someone good does something daft.

Renee Young has got a commentary gig on Superstars, every credit to her, I assume she is the first woman to actually be a commentator (full time anyway)? I know they had that minging Stephanie Wiand in the 90's but she was just a presenter from what I can remember

Edited by Dr.PeterVenkman

• Paid Members

Sunny used to do Shot Gun Saturday Night with Vince if I recall. In hindsight, what an idiot Sunny was, eh? She had the world by the bollocks in 1997. They had her doing ring announcing, managing, backstage announcing, presenting Live Wire, commentating, they had her on a fucking actual employee contract. They had her on everything. Fans loved her, teenage boys were spending hours trying to download a jpeg of her on dial up. She could have been the face of the WWF during its boom period like Gene Okerlund was in 1985. Amazing how big her fall from grace was. By early 1998 they wanted shot of her and now she's frigging herself off on Skype. Definitely a bad one when it comes to how much someone fucked their career up.

Renee Young has got a commentary gig on Superstars, every credit to her, I assume she is the first woman to actually be a commentator (full time anyway)? I know they had that minging Stephanie Wiand in the 90's but she was just a presenter from what I can remember

Only other female commentator I can remember is Lita doing commentary on Heat while she was injured.

Only other female commentator I can remember is Lita doing commentary on Heat while she was injured.

Ivory & Jacqueline did some Heats too.

• Paid Members

Back in the 80s, ring announcer Mike McGuirk (female) used to do commentary on some of the televised house shows. She'd be in horrible three person teams like her, Billy Graham and Gene Okerlund.

• Paid Members
Back in the 80s, ring announcer Mike McGuirk (female) used to do commentary on some of the televised house shows. She'd be in horrible three person teams like her, Billy Graham and Gene Okerlund.

Sometimes throw in "Duke of Dorchester" Pete Doherty with an annoying accent too. I'm sure there is one card where it is her, Doherty and Brother Love.

Edited by bAzTNM#1