Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
If he'd pulled Jericho's head and limbs off, maybe, but just doing his special and pinning him? No chance.

The scenario I envisaged was closer to the former than the latter. Maybe five powerbombs, Shellshock and a foot on the chest job. Not just "he's beaten Jericho" like everybody beats Jericho, but "he's completely laid waste to Jericho. He's beaten him like a red-headed stepchild."

To be honest, I've not watched the Cena matches or virtually any WWE TV since the Raw after 'Mania, so I guess I don't really know how much damage has been done to his potential "unstoppable monster heel" character. But then, I'm a hopeless optimist that believes in "perception is reality" and with sensible booking, people can be rebuilt and recover from things. Big Show spent the whole summer getting pinned on TV in 2002 and yet somehow was made to look a credible challenger for Lesnar, as an example. But then, if Ryback's that far gone, maybe they should be applauded for cutting their losses and trying something different.

It's likely my feelings on the matter are more to do with that finish being a waste of Jericho's forthcoming exit rather than Ryback's actual situation. I guess I've always been a fan of "He's leaving? Beat the shit out of him and give him a revenge angle for when/if he comes back."

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

I was fine with the roll-up finish at the PPV, although like Ian, I was hoping that Ryback would lose again to continue his reverse-Goldberg streak and people would still come on here and complain about him being ruined as a result. This the same guy that lost clean at Payback, failed to win at Extreme Rules, lost clean to Mark Henry falling on his bonce at WrestleMania, lost at Elimination Chamber, didn't win the Royal Rumble despite being the No.30 entrant, lost at TLC, lost at Survivor Series and lost at Hell In A Cell after a Brad Maddox low-blow. What a monster! For the record, his last PPV win before this weekend was at last year's Money In The Bank.

The unstoppable force gimmick was fucked from October and he's been booked like an enormous chump ever since. Ryback's recent character development, turning him into a complaining loser has been the best thing to happen to him since they fucked him over last year. He shouldn't be destroying Y2J, he should have lost by count out or DQ after crying about his sore leg, or getting a cheap win, which is what he got.

Edited by Arch Stanton

• Paid Members

Ryback's days of battering everybody are done (for now). His current gimmick is that of a big girls blouse, stopping matches because he hurt his foot etc. The roll-up win was a good finish for his current character. He'll probably settle into midcard comedy with Vickie, which may help ignite another babyface run in the future.

Big Show spent the whole summer getting pinned on TV in 2002 and yet somehow was made to look a credible challenger for Lesnar, as an example.

Although he possibly hadn't proven it by that point, Big Show's a different case in that he's far better than the level Ryback's at. Ryback needs more protecting than Show did. Plus Show's more of a monster than Ryback anyway.

Ryback, and his ilk, just aren't a priority to the WWE anymore. The WWE's far more interested in protecting guys like Punk and Jericho now.

• Paid Members

Anyone know if Ambrose did something to piss off the top brass, coz I rewatched MITB (I missed the opening 10 minutes the other night) and saw Ambrose got the jobber entrance?

I heard The Shield have been pissing people off - or so some rumour merchants say - but can any salmons of knowledge out there elaborate?

I thank you one and all.

Aye, plus Ambrose came out to celebrate with Rollins and Reigns when they retained the tag titles on the pre show. The guy didn't want to tire himself out by walking up all them stairs again either just to come staight back down before a big ladder match.

Edited by thesimonbegz

• Paid Members

The Mountie went a bit mad in a recent interview.

Another wrestler who had to apologize for offending some homosexual groups was Jacques Rougeau Jr., 53. Rougeau was on Le Show Tard (The Late Show) with host Mario Tremblay in Montreal, many weeks back. Rougeau, when the subject of pedophiles was brought up, said he doesn’t like pedophiles but then asked, “What if my little boy likes it?” He said when he was growing up, everyone talked about homosexuality as a disease, but now it’s not a disease. The host brought up the Hollywood Blonds, who were a huge drawing tag team in the 70s of Dale “Buddy” Roberts & Jerry Brown, but Rougeau said they weren’t gay and it was only an act. Later he apologized for what he said, saying he was raised with a different mentality 35-40 years ago when homosexuals weren’t as accepted as they are today and that he needs to change his perceptions. He said he received nasty messages about what he said, and deservedly so, and even apologized to two well known homosexual personalities in Quebec. He said it was the worst day of his life, saying he thought pedophiles and gays were alike and only learned lately that it wasn’t the case, saying he wished there was a “Gay for Dummies” kind of book because “I was a dummy about it.” He said he was raised in a macho world and never evolved, and that if his father would have caught him in bed with a guy, he’d have killed both of them. But he said if he hadn’t said what he did, he’d have never known the difference between pedophiles and gays. It was noted that Rougeau didn’t apologize until three weeks later and got heat because he speaks at area high schools against bullying and intimidation and the feeling is that’s exactly what he was doing on the show.

Which is interesting, considering he was apart of the "Canadian Gay Mafia" in the WWF, who people said sucked off Pat. Dino Bravo, The Rougeaus, Frenchy Martin and those lads. Maybe he's just a closet.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Thanks lads, was just wondering what was up because Ambrose has been very consistent and had a blinder of a MITB match. This left me a bit confused as to why they'd give him the Iron Mike Sharpe entrance, yet let him have some cracking **sigh** 'spots'.

Plus if Fandango and Ambrose had proper entrances, they wouldn't have fitted in the Performance Center video and trailers for Dead Man Down and Total Divas!