GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
Sort of, but I've only found the stunt jumps boring. I just haven't agreed with R* concept of 100% on this. 100% is 100%.

So you've bought and fired every weapon? Had a private dance from every stripper? Bought and worn every item of clothing? Driven every type of car?

This being taken way out of context. In games past, in order to receive 100% you had to do 100% of the activities, not a handful of each. I remember San Andreas taking me a hell of a long time to achieve 100%. IV was easier than San Andreas, V is easier than IV.

My point is, why make 50 stunt jumps if you only need to do 25 to get 100%? I wasn't even aware that that was the case until it was pointed out in this thread. There are 59 'Hobbies and Pastimes', but you only have to 42 of them. 58 'Strangers and Freaks' mission, but you only need to do 20. I just find that odd.

• Paid Members
This being taken way out of context. In games past, in order to receive 100% you had to do 100% of the activities, not a handful of each. I remember San Andreas taking me a hell of a long time to achieve 100%. IV was easier than San Andreas, V is easier than IV.

Just to point out, in San Andreas you didn't have to do ANY stunt jumps in that to get 100%, and you could miss out on other things too from what I recall. Ditto IV.

I do understand your point, but I don't think it's something you need to get so worked up about. On the plus side, if you really insist on covering every blade of grass*, then you'll probably wind up getting most of the trophies/achievements for the game too. Then you'll feel like the completist you aspire to be.

...But you DID buy the special edition, right? Because there's a hobby to complete with a stunt plane and you can't do that without the special edition? Since you want to conquer the lot, it'd be a shame to have that blemish on an otherwise perfect record...

*There's actually a trophy for exploring all of the map! Go get 'em.

• Paid Members
Already got that trophy, not that I'm a trophy whore though. And you're wrong about the stunt jumps for San Andreas. I know for a fact they were a requirement for 100% due to a very painful memory.

They don't. Honestly. Look it up anywhere you like, but they don't count towards the 100% rating in that game. Also, if you're not a trophy whore, how can you say you've done everything in the game? 100% means 100%, remember!

Is the painful memory the secret you've been hiding all this time?

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Moderators
Is the painful memory the secret you've been hiding all this time?

If this is going to be shoehorned in to every conversation involving Steve it's going to get massively boring very quickly.

I, for one, am already bored.

So let this be a warning to everyone who fancies make jokes that I personally don't find funny, due to my bent towards capricious and arbitrary mod decisions.

I got to 98% on SA before I accident my saved over it. That's the painful memory. A tongue in cheek comment, but it does still haunt me. I'm not going to start fannying about with my words just so it doesn't look like I'm fishing for a reaction. And I'm really not fussed if you think that's what I'm doing.

When I was doing the stunt jumps on SA, as far as memory serves it was counting towards my percentage. I remember so vividly because I couldn't quite master the one on the abandoned airfield where you had to drive up the wing and land a good distance away. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but that's what I remember.

• Paid Members

Stunt jumps are not required for 100% in San Andreas. They were in GTA3 and Vice City, but not San Andreas:-

There are 70 Jumps located all over around the San Andreas State. Even if they appear in the statistics, they don't count for the 100% Completion.

http://gta.wikia.com/Unique_Stunt_Jumps_in_GTA_San_Andreas