GTAV

Astro Hollywood

Last night is all a bit of a daze. I was ridiculously tired before hand having not slept well on Sunday night (stupid anxiety). But I made the trip out and once I got home and installed it (15 minutes on my PS3) I managed about an hours play.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I thought the opening sequence/mission was a good way to introduce the mechanics and buttons. Very similar feel to GTA IV & RDR but a much smoother transition when going in and out of cover.

I enjoyed the first proper mission with Franklin and his mate (forget his name, but found him very amusing), and it didn't take me too long to get used to driving. One of the problems I found with IV was the view from behind the car and not being able to see well in front of you. This seems to be fixed in V.

Once I got all that out of the way, I started what I was wanting to do before bed. Visit Grove Street, and drive around the out skirt of the map at full pelt to see how long it takes. I started at Grove Street and finished back at my save house. It took me about 20 minutes.

The city seems bigger than the map suggests, but I haven't had chance to explore properly yet. My eyes are stinging today, but can't wait to get home and bung it back on.

EDIT:- Also, I had no texture problems nor any draw distance/refreshing problems. Something I got on IV in some areas of the map.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by Steve Justice

My game has been delivered. To confirm, my game has arrived.

Just have to negotiate what will probably the longest afternoon in the office ever.

Just picked up a copy from Tesco, no problems. By 6.30 tonight I should be up and running.