Gadaffi captured/killed

Frankie Crisp

Us? Who's 'us'? Did we tell the NTC to do that?

We obviously didn't tell them not to, did we? I thought we were offering security & trying to maintain the peace over there? Wouldn't that involve making sure that now Gaddafi is dead those involved don't go displaying his body like some sort of trophy?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh right, when we put troops on the ground its the crusades even though the biggest killers in the afgan/iraq regions are muslims killing other muslims, when we don't put ground troops in and the fuzzy wuzzies don't play by queensbury rules its still all our fault,

Rest assured daffi will be given a full islamic burial then the country can develop from a dictatorship into a theocracy

To clarify, when I said 'we', I didn't mean an East/West divide. Both sides are capable of and guilty of barbarism. As I said earlier on in this thread, I meant 'we' as humanity, in opposition to the awful human beings we punish, whether it be Gaddafi or anyone else.

To clarify, when I said 'we', I didn't mean an East/West divide. Both sides are capable of and guilty of barbarism. As I said earlier on in this thread, I meant 'we' as humanity, in opposition to the awful human beings we punish, whether it be Gaddafi or anyone else.

To me, it looks like 'we' may have hitched our wagon to another load of degenerate thugs who will probably be turn out to be every bit as bad as Gaddafi as a result of following the old 'our enemy's enemy is our friend' line. Expect Rambo V, featuring our hero liberating Libya alongside the friendly NTC fighters, to start to look as embarrassing as that game of chuck the goat with the Taliban in about a decade or so...

I can't help but think there's a stunning hypocricy to anyone who thinks we shouldn't have got involved to save 1,000's of libyan lives as it would be too selfish of us. But when those people kill gadaffi that's apparently something we should go in and stop?

You can't have it both ways to my mind.

I can't help but think there's a stunning hypocricy to anyone who thinks we shouldn't have got involved to save 1,000's of libyan lives as it would be too selfish of us. But when those people kill gadaffi that's apparently something we should go in and stop?

It's more the way he was killed that doesn't go down well.

It's one thing to die in combat or air strike but dragging a guy through the streets, beating him & then coldly executing him isn't the type of thing you should be supporting.

We weren't supporting it though, we were (on paper, at least) only there to stop gadaffi killing 1,000's of their own people. We weren't policing every area of the country to ensure the rebels didn't kill gadaffi, that was never the reason.

And it's pretty standard stuff, mussolini got hung from the road side, sadam got hung after a trial (which really made no odds) and if we'd found hitler had been killed horribly by concentration camp survivors we wouldn't be kicking up a fuss about the barbarity of it all.

It's more the way he was killed that doesn't go down well.

It's one thing to die in combat or air strike but dragging a guy through the streets, beating him & then coldly executing him isn't the type of thing you should be supporting.

What is the difference though? Especially if you're comparing how the Gadaffi situation was handled to any of the conflicts that Britain has been involved in recent history. At least this was done by people who have been directly affected by his tyranny.

Plus it sets a splendid precedent, once we all get bored of cameron and co and overthrow them in a bloody coup, they'll have to stay neutral when we hang draw and quarter cameron and osborne and hang the mutilated bodies of them from the london tower.

• Paid Members
Plus it sets a splendid precedent, once we all get bored of cameron and co and overthrow them in a bloody coup, they'll have to stay neutral when we hang draw and quarter cameron and osborne and hang the mutilated bodies of them from the london tower.

This is either sarcastic or just so far off the mark. You can't compare the way Gadaffi treated the Libyan people to the way Cameron runs the UK, many residents of the UK don't know how lucky they are, and i'm a Catholic man living in Northern Ireland.

Archived