The Stone Roses reunion thread

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It got panned as well, and rightly so as they were fucking shit. Albarn in particular was awful, a mockney wideboy caricature. Even moreso than usual.

Panned

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jun/2...lastonbury-2009

Yes, well done. Post one review that shows noboby panned it. Seriously, what were you trying to prove here? Had I said it was panned totally across the board thenyou would have had a point here. But I didn't, so you don't. Unless you happen to think that there wasn't a single bad review?

I was actually at the gig and thought it was a classic, I am very confident that most of the reviews you will find of the entire tour been positive.

I was actually at the gig and thought it was a classic, I am very confident that most of the reviews you will find of the entire tour been positive.

And did I say anything to the contrary?

It got panned as well,

That would be a no. Again, can't see what point you're trying to make.

• Paid Members

Whether well received or not are they still together now? No. My original point still stands that if they were truly comfortable & enjoying themselves being back together then surely they'd be writing new stuff or still working together? As it stands they're not so it's obvious they took the money & ran.

I didn't realise that FNM were still on the same touring cycle although it looks like it'll end with those South American shows, just over 2 years worth of shows seems the standard for these reformations.

• Moderators
They were fine at T in the Park, but perhaps that's because they were an hour late (Coxon had food poisoning) so they had to cram everything into a far shorter slot.

Come on! Food poisoning? They couldn't even boither think up a better excuse than that?? See, lazy and going through the motions.

Whether well received or not are they still together now? No. My original point still stands that if they were truly comfortable & enjoying themselves being back together then surely they'd be writing new stuff or still working together?

They've actually not ruled out playing together again because they enjoyed the tour quite a bit. Damon Albarn is wanting to do stuff with The Good, The Bad and The Queen before considering it though.

• Paid Members

Going back to The Stone Roses, Lauren Laverne's People's Playlist on her 6Music show this morning has been a tribute to Manchester to tie in with The Stone Roses reforming and the BBC's ongoing move to Salford, and this is what she turned up:-

World Of Twist - The Storm

Elbow - Station Approach

Paris Angels - Perfume

A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray

Northside - Shall We Take A Trip?

The Hollies - Bus Stop

Inspiral Carpets feat. Mark E Smith - I Want You

Good morning's listening, that.

• Paid Members

How prolific have TGTB&TQ been in the 2 years since the Blur reunion? A couple of one off gigs wasn't it? There nothing wrong with these big bands getting back together, it gives younger fans the chance to get to see acts live they might have missed the first time round as well as older fans a second chance or an opportunity to relive fond memories. To deny it's largely for anything other than cold, hard cash is pretty na

How prolific have TGTB&TQ been in the 2 years since the Blur reunion? A couple of one off gigs wasn't it? There nothing wrong with these big bands getting back together, it gives younger fans the chance to get to see acts live they might have missed the first time round as well as older fans a second chance or an opportunity to relive fond memories. To deny it's largely for anything other than cold, hard cash is pretty na

• Paid Members
From twitter: 150,000 Stone Roses tickets sell out in 14 minutes - and band announce third Heaton Park show

It will be interesting to see exactly if fans got the tickets or the touts? Whats the betting scum sites like GETMEIN, Seatwave and Viagogo will have had them up for

Archived