The Stone Roses reunion thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I thought we might as well have a separate thread for this seeing as though there is new stuff coming out about this every day.

It's also a good place to put this:-

Stone Roses frontman Ian Brown gave a Daily Mail journalist a hard time at the press conference about the band's relaunch. Brown turned the tables on him, saying: "Let me ask you a question. What's it feel like to write for a newspaper that used to support Adolf Hitler?" The Daily Mail hack persisted with his question but Brown ignored him and asked if he had ever voted Tory. The journalist denied he had, which led Brown to retort: "No one ever votes Tory, do they?" Brown clearly does not wanna be adored by the Mail.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/mediamonke...y?newsfeed=true

I think it would be a step in the right direction if everyone ever interviewed by anyone from the Daily Mail shot back with the first riposte especially.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Somewhere in the world, there is a pissed off person knowing this finally kills off their hopes for a Seahorses reunion.

Chris Helme ought to get together with Aziz Ibrahim. They're both fucked.

Blinded By The Sun is a tune though.

EDIT: They were always shit live though weren't they?

• Paid Members
Somewhere in the world, there is a pissed off person knowing this finally kills off their hopes for a Seahorses reunion.

I'm one of those cunts, Houchy...***insert emo sad face here***

But I will pay hard earnage to watch Ian Brown sing horrendously out of tune for an hour. There's just something about that man, and band, that

I love.

• Paid Members

I would bloody love a Seahorses reunion. :/

Between this and The Kooks, I'm going right bloody off you!

Brown has said that there will be 'new songs' but it all seems a bit vague and shambolic right now - which seems only right and proper considering it's the Roses.

• Paid Members

Was talking about this with a mate last night. I reckon they'll tour for about 2 years, do these Manc shows & a couple of festivals. Once these are done announce a bunch more UK dates for early 2013 & put these on sale 8-12 months before the actual shows. Release the new album in between, probably whilst touring abroad. The new album will get average reviews but they'll still have a load of sold out gigs lined up & then play Glasto in 2013.

From all of the bands who have reformed (System, Faith No More, The Verve, Blur, Cream, The Police etc etc) the only band I could think of that haven't disappointed or seemed uncomfortable on stage together is Take That, maybe at a push Limp Bizkit.

• Paid Members

:laugh: I had no idea you liked me to start with. I still like obscure 90's cricketers and hate Liverpool if that helps me back into your good graces.

Come on though, 'Do It Yourself' was a great album. Right? Right?

• Paid Members

:laugh: I had no idea you liked me to start with. I still like obscure 90's cricketers and hate Liverpool if that helps me back into your good graces.

Come on though, 'Do It Yourself' was a great album. Right? Right?

The opening of Love Is The Law is still epic to this day. Can't remember much about the album though.

Regarding the Roses, I don't intend on seeing them but I am pleased and eager to see and hear how they sound today. Whilst they are obviously older, Reni, Mani & Squire are impeccable musicians who I still believe could deliver. What's always held them back was Ian Brown's vocals but imo he has improved as a singer over the years.

Archived