The Stone Roses reunion thread

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Only ridiculous if someone's stupid enough to pay it. The market controls the price of these things, if someone's willing to pay a grand for gig ticket that's up to them. Seems a but stupid though seeing as the following (supposed) dates have just been leaked :-

Thu 5 July Echo Arena, Liverpool

Sat 7 July O2 Arena, London

Sun 8 July O2 Arena, London

Wed 11 July SECC, Glasgow

Fri 13 July Slane Castle, Ireland

Sat 14 July Botanic Gardens, Belfast

Mon 16 July iTunes Festival, London

Fri 20 July Espacio Movistar, Barcelona, Spain

Sat 21 July Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, Spain

Mon 23 July Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France

Wed 25 July Futurshow Station, Bologna, Italy

Thur 26 July Datch Forum, Milan, Italy

Sat 28 July O2 World, Berlin, Germany

Sun 29 July Color Line Arena, Hamburg, Germany

Tue 2 Aug Globe Arena, Stockholm, Sweden

Wed 3 Aug Spektrum, Oslo, Norway

After wearing out the old Refresh button I managed to get 4 tickets this morning for me and my gang although after seeing the prices that some of these tickets are fetching I'm considering jibbing my mates off and going alone and making a mint in the process!

• Paid Members
Only ridiculous if someone's stupid enough to pay it. The market controls the price of these things, if someone's willing to pay a grand for gig ticket that's up to them. Seems a but stupid though seeing as the following (supposed) dates have just been leaked :-

Thu 5 July Echo Arena, Liverpool

Sat 7 July O2 Arena, London

Sun 8 July O2 Arena, London

Wed 11 July SECC, Glasgow

Fri 13 July Slane Castle, Ireland

Sat 14 July Botanic Gardens, Belfast

Mon 16 July iTunes Festival, London

Fri 20 July Espacio Movistar, Barcelona, Spain

Sat 21 July Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, Spain

Mon 23 July Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France

Wed 25 July Futurshow Station, Bologna, Italy

Thur 26 July Datch Forum, Milan, Italy

Sat 28 July O2 World, Berlin, Germany

Sun 29 July Color Line Arena, Hamburg, Germany

Tue 2 Aug Globe Arena, Stockholm, Sweden

Wed 3 Aug Spektrum, Oslo, Norway

I actually have no problem with Ebay as an AUCTION site. As you say, the market dictates the price.

However, I'm disgusted at sites such as GETMEIN, Viagogo & Seatwave. The later was originally created for fan to fan exchange when the fan couldn't make the date. That quickly was chucked out of the window. Ticketmaster (and others for that matter) are absolute scum though. You will try and get a ticket, it sells out within 20 seconds, then you get the second page saying words of the effect "no luck in getting tickets? Try our SISTER site GETMEIN". You go there and tickets are

• Paid Members
Even with ebay though, it's still scumbag touts playing with gig tickets like it's the stock market, instead of just letting people who actually want to go to the fucking gigs buy the tickets.

I agree, but the sites I mentioned have been made especially for ticket sales that are in cahoots with the companies that sell them at their original market price. . Ebay is a general auction site for anything.

• Paid Members

I go to a lot of gigs & over the years I can count on one hand the number of shows I've not been able to get tickets for legitimately. I honestly don't think the Ebay touting problem is as bad as some people/the media like to make out. If it is a problem it could be easily fixed by the gig going public simply not buying tickets through Ebay, as soon as the touts start getting left with a load of unsold tickets or end up selling at a massive loss it'll stop. As long as there's fools willing to pay

I go to a lot of gigs & over the years I can count on one hand the number of shows I've not been able to get tickets for legitimately. I honestly don't think the Ebay touting problem is as bad as some people/the media like to make out. If it is a problem it could be easily fixed by the gig going public simply not buying tickets through Ebay, as soon as the touts start getting left with a load of unsold tickets or end up selling at a massive loss it'll stop. As long as there's fools willing to pay

Archived