The Stone Roses reunion thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
The homoerotic photos of them that are doing the rounds to promote this are horrible. Squire looks like Jagger and Ronnie Wood got into the Fly machine, and I don't know what Mani looks like, but it isn't human.

article-1318951646531-0E6D878A00000578-279337_466x383.jpg

Trying far too hard to try & convince everyone they still don't fucking despise each other.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
From all of the bands who have reformed (System, Faith No More, The Verve, Blur, Cream, The Police etc etc) the only band I could think of that haven't disappointed or seemed uncomfortable on stage together is Take That, maybe at a push Limp Bizkit.

You must've been at a different Faith No More show to me (Download 2009). I thought they were fucking incredible.

• Paid Members

I was at Download & saw them that year. They were good but there was virtually no interaction on stage between the band members, just like when I saw The Verve or System this year, a bunch of guys on stage doing their own individual jobs & getting paid. FNM have split up again now right?

Really? He looks like Gollum.

Are they actually putting out a new album? Our just the tour? I'm not sure what they'd sound like these days, but they look fucking horrible. And I agree with whoever said that they trying too hard to convince us they're friends again. Although it was only really Brown/Squire who fell out, the other two really didn't give a fuck either way.

As for The Seahorses? Do It Yourself was ok, but You Can Talk To Me is a tune and a half.

And on the subject of reunions, you all forgot Steps.

Was talking about this with a mate last night. I reckon they'll tour for about 2 years, do these Manc shows & a couple of festivals. Once these are done announce a bunch more UK dates for early 2013 & put these on sale 8-12 months before the actual shows. Release the new album in between, probably whilst touring abroad. The new album will get average reviews but they'll still have a load of sold out gigs lined up & then play Glasto in 2013.

From all of the bands who have reformed (System, Faith No More, The Verve, Blur, Cream, The Police etc etc) the only band I could think of that haven't disappointed or seemed uncomfortable on stage together is Take That, maybe at a push Limp Bizkit.

Bit harsh on blur, shows got rave reviews. Im sure the Glastonbury show got voted gig of that year.

I was at Glastonbury and it was pretty special

It got panned as well, and rightly so as they were fucking shit. Albarn in particular was awful, a mockney wideboy caricature. Even moreso than usual.

Panned

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jun/2...lastonbury-2009

• Paid Members
I was at Download & saw them that year. They were good but there was virtually no interaction on stage between the band members, just like when I saw The Verve or System this year, a bunch of guys on stage doing their own individual jobs & getting paid. FNM have split up again now right?

I though Patton and Bottum were on top form. Certainly didn't think there was anything lacking in terms of cohesion, and it didn't feel like a through-the-motions performance to me at all. But hey, each to their own, I can't claim to be a long-time FNM expert.

It got panned as well, and rightly so as they were fucking shit. Albarn in particular was awful, a mockney wideboy caricature. Even moreso than usual.

Panned

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jun/2...lastonbury-2009

Yes, well done. Post one review that shows noboby panned it. Seriously, what were you trying to prove here? Had I said it was panned totally across the board thenyou would have had a point here. But I didn't, so you don't. Unless you happen to think that there wasn't a single bad review?

Archived