Dexter Season 6 **SPOILERS**

Steve Justice

The thing is, the "whore" said there were two of them, but if we're gonna get technical, she only mentioned hearing the younger one talk to her, and him refer to the other as the Professor. She mentioned the difference in physicallity with how each handled her, but I think the writers deliberately put in Brian stabbing the motel guy, but then the pull back showing it was Dexter all along.

That's how I believe they will explain the two person theory.

I liked this episode, but I couldn't help feeling like I wanted a lot more from it. I know other people have already said they felt tired from all the Brian and Dexter interaction basically circling around the same thing, but I would have wanted a little bit more from it, and not feel cheated like it was all resolved in the one episode.

How did Dexter become a super stud??? "Hey, I watched my Mother die. You wanna fuck me random cute store girl so I can steal your gun for no reason?"

Did like how it was an accident for Jonah, and he had genuine remorse.... I would've been even more disappointed if he was reduced to a one-shot kill for Dexter but with the question of "do all children of serial killers become serial killers themselves?"

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

more on the news

On the heels of a new two season deal for star Michael C. Hall, Showtime announced today that it has picked up its hit series Dexter for an additional 7th and 8th season.

"Dexter's enormous success is a real tribute to the great achievements of its cast, producers, and the powerhouse performance of Michael C. Hall," said David Nevins, President of Entertainment, Showtime Networks Inc. "The series is bigger than it's ever been in its sixth season, both in terms of audience and its impact on the cultural landscape. Together with Michael, the creative team on the show has a very clear sense of where they intend to take the show over the next two seasons and, as a huge fan, I'm excited to watch the story of Dexter Morgan play out."

Michael C. Hall added, "On behalf of the entire Dexter family, we relish the invitation to delve ever deeper into Dexter's world."

Deadline spoke with Nevins after the announcement and he stated: "After speaking with (executive producers) John Goldwyn, Sara Colleton and Scott Buck, it became pretty clear that there was a very clear 3-year trajectory (with the current season acting as Year 1)." So does that mean that the series will pack up its knives after Season 8? "I'm not going to say with absolute certainty that this is the end, but that is the likely scenario, that the series is moving towards a definite end."

• Paid Members

A little bit better was this week's episode but fuck me I'm sitting there watching this ep and disagreeing with Dexter's every move.

He walks into Travis' work place and openly reveals himself! WHAT THE FUCK!? I mean, seriously WHY? Throughout this thread I've obviously disagreed with his initial 'back seat' meeting with Travis, yet he thinks it's a great idea just to reveal his face? This is shortly after Deb has told him they are interviewing ex students and will most likely catch Travis. Now you have Dex hunting down the professor knowing that Travis will probably get caught and will identity him. I'm sorry but COME ON DEX!! What the fuck are you thinking? The thing is he found the church without Travis' help, which is what he should have done from the start.

Then, you have travis or the professor erecting a big fucking site to display the 'whore of babylon'...in the middle of school yard. Seriously, someone must see him/them? It aint a quick job and there are a few people around the area. I'm getting picky here but the writing never used to be this lazy!

However, there were some good moments. I found it incredibly tense at the end when Dex was looking for the professor in the church, although i kept thinking he was going to discover the professor's body. I keep changing my mind whether the professor is real. There is evidence for and against and that's what the writers want us to feel.

A little bit better was this week's episode but fuck me I'm sitting there watching this ep and disagreeing with Dexter's every move.

He walks into Travis' work place and openly reveals himself! WHAT THE FUCK!? I mean, seriously WHY? Throughout this thread I've obviously disagreed with his initial 'back seat' meeting with Travis, yet he thinks it's a great idea just to reveal his face? This is shortly after Deb has told him they are interviewing ex students and will most likely catch Travis. Now you have Dex hunting down the professor knowing that Travis will probably get caught and will identity him. I'm sorry but COME ON DEX!! What the fuck are you thinking? The thing is he found the church without Travis' help, which is what he should have done from the start.

Then, you have travis or the professor erecting a big fucking site to display the 'whore of babylon'...in the middle of school yard. Seriously, someone must see him/them? It aint a quick job and there are a few people around the area. I'm getting picky here but the writing never used to be this lazy!

However, there were some good moments. I found it incredibly tense at the end when Dex was looking for the professor in the church, although i kept thinking he was going to discover the professor's body. I keep changing my mind whether the professor is real. There is evidence for and against and that's what the writers want us to feel.

Completely agree with that. During that scene I said to my missus that something still isn't right.

• Paid Members
I cant figure out if he is real or not either, I was a bit shocked as well when Dexter just walked right into Travis work place like they were best mates, probably means Travis will be dead come the end of this season, since he knows about Dexter, still I'm interested to see next weeks episode.

Not necessarily. Jonah now knows about Dexter yet is not dead.

It is getting really bad. I'm thinking about giving up on the series before the end.

Here's my prediction for the finale:

Dexter finds out the Professor is dead and Travis has a "Dark passenger" (Insert a "he's just like.... me" monologue).

Dexter puts Travis out of his misery/sends him to God whatever moments before supercop Deb almost catches him in the act.

Dexter then monologues about how he wants rid of his darkness whilst playing with his son.

• Paid Members

Agreed. As I said a few episodes ago, Dexter's character has slowly changed from a cold and calculating genius who punishes people that the law can't touch, to a moron who rushes into situations without thinking, narrowly avoids getting caught and then does a voiceover in cold, emotionless voice.

Deb was kind of dick in this episode as well, actually. She tells Dexter that the guy who murdered his wife has killed again and then gets pissy because he needed more than an afternoon off to deal with it? Dexter can't be the ONLY blood guy in the homicide department can he?

The sad thing is there's so much potential in this show that's being squandered by sloppy writing. Dexter was a great character and, with a bit of thought, easily could be again, the supporting cast are still decent to good, Travis and Gellar are interesting bad guys and, if Gellar is in Travis' head then Dexter has to decide if he can justify killing Travis for murders he didn't know he'd committed.

• Paid Members

There's something off about Masuka's new intern, for some reason I think the shiny new search engine is something to do with him and he's using it to investigate Dexter. Masuka doesn't have much luck - first intern nicks evidence and the second one just wants to make a video game of them.

Show sucks. It's been flatlining for a while but it's become so fucking horrible to watch. So rote. Sons Of Anarchy is running concurrently and it's so far ahead of Dexter in every capacity.

Not that Dexter was ever really GREAT but it has massively jumped the shark. It's definitely becoming a chore to watch now.

It is getting really bad. I'm thinking about giving up on the series before the end.

Here's my prediction for the finale:

Dexter finds out the Professor is dead and Travis has a "Dark passenger" (Insert a "he's just like.... me" monologue).

Dexter puts Travis out of his misery/sends him to God whatever moments before supercop Deb almost catches him in the act.

Dexter then monologues about how he wants rid of his darkness whilst playing with his son.

Insert a monologue about faith and how he decides he has faith in himself/harry's code and thats about what i've got pegged for the season. Oh and Quinn might die so new cop can take over as "only person who is suspicious of weird Dexter"

It does seem like the showrunners have given up, content to let Dexter be a fluffy substanceless show - basically the Mentalist with more killing. Looking back season 4 was actually the start of this - it's just John Lithgow was so badass we didn't notice the show had far less themes/ideas going on than simply Dexter vs. Someone who is worse than Dexter which is now the basic structure for each season.

Unfortunately the stupider and more basic it gets the more popular it gets as now we've got rid of those pesky morality themes and character work the general american public have got super interested. And thus it's been picked up for two more seasons at least after this one.

Archived