Dexter Season 6 **SPOILERS**

Steve Justice

• Paid Members
First they took us one way with the bleeding head hallucination and then they have a phone call from between the Prof and Travis?!?!

An episode to drive things forward - I'm of the camp that the Professor is not real but....DAMN YOU DEXTER - WHY MAKE ME WAIT A WEEK FOR MORE!!!

I know! It's quite smart by the writers to try and second guess their audience. Now I just don't know if the prof is real or not, which is great! One second you had the blood on his head and the next him having coffee out in the open with the professor not wanting to be seen. He also had a cup of coffee with him this time too. Then you had the phone call conversation. AHHH!! It's just brilliant. I honestly thought that they wouldn't give any hints regarding whether the prof was real or not but now the writers are playing games with us!

Another great episode too. However, I really found it bizarre that Dex did what he did with Travis. He knew that Travis was in on the Doomsday killings. Why did he feel the need to get the info from Travis like that? Surely now Travis knows someone is onto him which in turn will warn the professor?? Why didn't he do his normal cloak and dagger routine? Just follow Travis to the professor? Was a strange move.

BROTHER SAM...PLEASE DONT DIE!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Another great episode too. However, I really found it bizarre that Dex did what he did with Travis. He knew that Travis was in on the Doomsday killings. Why did he feel the need to get the info from Travis like that? Surely now Travis knows someone is onto him which in turn will warn the professor?? Why didn't he do his normal cloak and dagger routine? Just follow Travis to the professor? Was a strange move.

He didn't fit the code if he didn't commit the murder. As far as we know, Travis has not carried out any murders and...well it just opens up lots of possibilities. I can't help but shake the feeling we will be seeing the long dead corpse of the Prof at some point but Travis (as Travis) could be just an accomplice, even if it is to his own alter ego...

I liked the nod to the first episode (I think that this was the first time we have seen the choke-and-drive since then?) because it made it seem like "we have seen this before - we know where it goes".

Also, The Professor won't worry about Dexter because they are doing God's work. They have already made clear that nothing stands in their/his way.

• Paid Members

He didn't fit the code if he didn't commit the murder. As far as we know, Travis has not carried out any murders and...well it just opens up lots of possibilities. I can't help but shake the feeling we will be seeing the long dead corpse of the Prof at some point but Travis (as Travis) could be just an accomplice, even if it is to his own alter ego...

I liked the nod to the first episode (I think that this was the first time we have seen the choke-and-drive since then?) because it made it seem like "we have seen this before - we know where it goes".

Also, The Professor won't worry about Dexter because they are doing God's work. They have already made clear that nothing stands in their/his way.

A few things with your post Gordon.

Re: "The Professor won't worry about Dexter because they are doing God's work" - Yes, I agree. But that still doesn't make sense in the respect that they both know that someone is onto them. It gives them a possible advantage over Dex. Dexter could simply find the answers by just following them. However, from a storyline perspective, it does make things more interesting.

Re: "He didn't fit the code". Dexter has killed other people who have contributed to people's deaths in the past but not done the deed themselves. Eg, the two ambulance workers at the start of this season. There are quite a few others. Travis may not be putting the blade in their chests (from Dex's view point) but he may's well be doing the killing himself by kidnapping the girls etc. He certainly fits the code imo.

• Paid Members

Re: "The Professor won't worry about Dexter because they are doing God's work" - Yes, I agree. But that still doesn't make sense in the respect that they both know that someone is onto them. It gives them a possible advantage over Dex. Dexter could simply find the answers by just following them. However, from a storyline perspective, it does make things more interesting.

Re: "He didn't fit the code". Dexter has killed other people who have contributed to people's deaths in the past but not done the deed themselves. Eg, the two ambulance workers at the start of this season. There are quite a few others. Travis may not be putting the blade in their chests (from Dex's view point) but he may's well be doing the killing himself by kidnapping the girls etc. He certainly fits the code imo.

I thought the ambulance workers had been directly responsible for the deaths? I will check into it on one of my annual rewatches. Lol. I can't think of an example where Dexter has killed an accomplice or someone not responsible for the deaths. Even with the ambulance guys were responsible for the deaths. Travis is the flock, not the shepherd...

I agree that as a viewer it seems odd to let Travis go however if he is "innocent" he maybe the only way Dexter could ever locate the Professor - he wants to be lead to him and at the same time thinks he is doing good by pointing Travis towards the light...

It's compelling!

• Paid Members
He didn't kill Travis in order to get to his accomplice. He'll still kill Travis in my opinion, but killing him now would make it harder for Dexter to find the professor. He's simply making things easier for himself.

That's not what i'm saying. The point is Dexter knew Travis was in on the killings. He didn't need to reveal himself or confront Travis to dig up info on the professor. He already knew there was an accomplice and as by the following scene the next day, he was following Travis anyway. I honestly fail to see the point in what Dexter was doing.

There was no guanrantee that there were two in on the killings though, it was merely an assumption at this point by both Dexter and the Miami Metro. Travis confrimed the accomplice in the car, Dexter at this point then knew for sure and in my opinion decided to see it through with tailing Travis. That's the way I'm seeing it, and is the only logical explanation at this point other than bad script writing.

• Paid Members

I thought the ambulance workers had been directly responsible for the deaths? I will check into it on one of my annual rewatches. Lol. I can't think of an example where Dexter has killed an accomplice or someone not responsible for the deaths. Even with the ambulance guys were responsible for the deaths. Travis is the flock, not the shepherd...

I agree that as a viewer it seems odd to let Travis go however if he is "innocent" he maybe the only way Dexter could ever locate the Professor - he wants to be lead to him and at the same time thinks he is doing good by pointing Travis towards the light...

It's compelling!

I just don't see it that way. Dexter let Travis go because he wasn't the one killing those people. But knew he was still directly involved in murdering them. What about that psychiatrist who was making those women depressed who ultimately killed themselves? Yes, he didn't actually kill those women, but was still part of the process.

I know the big twist to this season! :p

So far I haven't really enjoyed it that much and think it's down there with season 3 as the worst of the lot. The Deb storyline is a joke and she is more annoying than usual. Does she really have to look like she is going to break down every other scene?

Quinn is another shit character who should be written out and Batistas mid-life crisis is dull.

So far I haven't really enjoyed it that much and think it's down there with season 3 as the worst of the lot. The Deb storyline is a joke and she is more annoying than usual. Does she really have to look like she is going to break down every other scene?

Quinn is another shit character who should be written out and Batistas mid-life crisis is dull.

• Paid Members

Please leave this thread and never comeback. I'm not kidding either.

• Paid Members

I thought Season 5 was good but with a really anti climatic ending.

Regarding the other discussion: I saw it as Dexter letting Travis go after he saw that Travis didn't have *it* in him to kill someone. LambyUK is right that he has killed people who didn't fit the "Harry code" before though. Remember the paedophile that took photographs of Aster?

One thing that's been bugging me in recent seasons of Dexter is that his kill pattern has slowly changed. In season one, Dexter was going only killing murderers that had avoided justice somehow, but were low profile and wouldn't be missed by anybody. Killing a high profile serial killer WHILE he's dominating the news would've been a massive risk, and thus totally out of character for Dexter. Granted, he DID try and find the Ice Truck Killer, I suppose, but only after the Killer repeatedly made contact with him.

In recent seasons, any time there's a particularly creative death, Dexter seems to get a hard on and try and kill them before they get arrested, which leaves a lot of awkward loose ends that the writers never bother to tie up. Why is no one bothered about catching Trinity anymore, for example? Dexter knows he's dead but no one else does and none of them seem to give a shit about catching the psycho that killed one of their collegues' wives? Will everybody just forget about the Doomsday Killer if Dexter kills Travis as well?

I am enjoying this season and Travis and Gellar are good bad guys but I've found myself liking Dexter the character a lot less and I've only just figured out that that's the reason why.

I thought Season 5 was good but with a really anti climatic ending.

Regarding the other discussion: I saw it as Dexter letting Travis go after he saw that Travis didn't have *it* in him to kill someone. LambyUK is right that he has killed people who didn't fit the "Harry code" before though. Remember the paedophile that took photographs of Aster?

One thing that's been bugging me in recent seasons of Dexter is that his kill pattern has slowly changed. In season one, Dexter was going only killing murderers that had avoided justice somehow, but were low profile and wouldn't be missed by anybody. Killing a high profile serial killer WHILE he's dominating the news would've been a massive risk, and thus totally out of character for Dexter. Granted, he DID try and find the Ice Truck Killer, I suppose, but only after the Killer repeatedly made contact with him.

In recent seasons, any time there's a particularly creative death, Dexter seems to get a hard on and try and kill them before they get arrested, which leaves a lot of awkward loose ends that the writers never bother to tie up. Why is no one bothered about catching Trinity anymore, for example? Dexter knows he's dead but no one else does and none of them seem to give a shit about catching the psycho that killed one of their collegues' wives? Will everybody just forget about the Doomsday Killer if Dexter kills Travis as well?

I am enjoying this season and Travis and Gellar are good bad guys but I've found myself liking Dexter the character a lot less and I've only just figured out that that's the reason why.

Seems more and more that the writers aren't bothered about making it "realistic" and just have Dexter do what he does and not worry about tying up all the holes in it.

Thats creative license i guess and has worked more or less for 6 seasons and there wouldn't be much of a show if he got caught but its annoying me more and more how he gets away with everything. He never would in reality and its so blatant these days.

And how he manages to figure stuff out when the other dumb fucks in Miami metor don't. Which Anderson did allude to last episode so maybe he'll be another person to figure out Dexter but get killed at the end of it anyway.

Archived