Dexter Season 6 **SPOILERS**

Steve Justice

Anyone else thinking that the Professor is Travis's 'Dark Passenger' and appears to him as a ghost, like Harry does to Dexter? As far as I can remember, we haven't seen anyone other than Travis interact with him. Or maybe it's a Fight Club-esque swerve with Travis having a split personality.

Enjoyed this episode, another grisly murder, but what was with Batista and Quinn getting stoned?? One of the stupidest scenes ever!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Anyone else thinking that the Professor is Travis's 'Dark Passenger' and appears to him as a ghost, like Harry does to Dexter? As far as I can remember, we haven't seen anyone other than Travis interact with him. Or maybe it's a Fight Club-esque swerve with Travis having a split personality.

Enjoyed this episode, another grisly murder, but what was with Batista and Quinn getting stoned?? One of the stupidest scenes ever!

To address your points. Firstly the Dark Passenger comment. Whilst I like the idea, we have already seen a website with his face on it so we know that person exists, but you could be right. Certainly can't rule it out as we have never seen Bill Adama (the charatcer he played on Battestar Gallactica) physically interact with any of the victims. Perhaps Travis killed him and he became his Dark Passenger?

Regarding the stoned scene, how can you say it's one of the stuoidest scenes ever? It's all related to Batista's so called mid life crisis or personal meltdown in his bid to deal with losing out on the position of lieutenant.

Yet another brilliant episode. Love all the new cast members too. Next monday can't come soon enough!

To address your points. Firstly the Dark Passenger comment. Whilst I like the idea, we have already seen a website with his face on it so we know that person exists, but you could be right. Certainly can't rule it out as we have never seen Bill Adama (the charatcer he played on Battestar Gallactica) physically interact with any of the victims. Perhaps Travis killed him and he became his Dark Passenger?

Regarding the stoned scene, how can you say it's one of the stuoidest scenes ever? It's all related to Batista's so called mid life crisis or personal meltdown in his bid to deal with losing out on the position of lieutenant.

Yet another brilliant episode. Love all the new cast members too. Next monday can't come soon enough!

Yeah, that's my thinking. The professor was Travis's first kill (either murder or accidentally killing him) and now his ghost is guiding him to do the Doomsday killings.

The stoned scene just seemed so out of place, just didn't like it. If it turns out to be the start of a new story for Batista, then I guess that's ok but it just seemed so random. And I do hope Batista has more to do this season than have a mid life crisis. After the awful 'Batista and Laguerta dating/get married' plot of the last two seasons he deserves something a bit better than a mid-life crisis.

• Paid Members

Hmm,

I don't think Travis killed him. From what what we know of Travis, he's a LOT like Dexter (orphaned with only a sister remaining). I think the Professor was his Harry, a figure figure who saw something in him that he chose to manipulate for his own ends: Harry taught Dexter to murder in the name of Justice, The Professor taught Travis to murder in the name of God.

Could lead to Dexter doing a lot of that introspective "Are we any different him and me?" stuff that the Producers seem to love doing so very much.

I don't think either Harry or the Professor are actually "Ghosts" though (well, at least not in the traditional sense). They are just Dexter and Travis' warped ideas of them.

travis slept with that lassie then woke up to find that she wasn't in bed instead she was tied up in the kitchen to which he looked stunned, so either the professor is real or travis has a split personality, i think harry is more like dexters god, he tries to follow the code of harry and is always looking for some type of guidence which i think this is what they're alluding to in this season.

• Paid Members

Hmm,

I don't think Travis killed him. From what what we know of Travis, he's a LOT like Dexter (orphaned with only a sister remaining). I think the Professor was his Harry, a figure figure who saw something in him that he chose to manipulate for his own ends: Harry taught Dexter to murder in the name of Justice, The Professor taught Travis to murder in the name of God.

Could lead to Dexter doing a lot of that introspective "Are we any different him and me?" stuff that the Producers seem to love doing so very much.

I don't think either Harry or the Professor are actually "Ghosts" though (well, at least not in the traditional sense). They are just Dexter and Travis' warped ideas of them.

I don't think anybody has ever thought of Harry as a ghost as Harry often refers to himself as Dexter's imagination. If I remember correctly, Harry didn't show up as his guide so to speak until season 2 as season 1 was mostly through flashbacks.

When the poster above mentioned the word ghost I don't think he meant it in the literal sense.

During the episode it's mentioned that the Professor vanished and "went underground". I wouldn't be surprised at all if Travis did kill him, but maybe in some way where it's all related to their belief that is was a necessary death? Who knows? But i'm excited to find out.

• Paid Members

More amazing things developing in Dexter!! Only got round to watching this yesterday and again and it was wonderful.

The horror movie trap was amazing and Dexter spotting his new friend outside the scene means the season is about to take shape!!

What is with the references to the previous "big bads" like Trinity and Ice Truck all of a sudden?

I am torn as to who the Professor will turn out to be however after reading this thread I feel that he may be Harry to Travis' Dexter.

I can also see a sad parting between Dexter and Brother Sam, as well Quinn getting fed up of being stepped on and snapping. So much going on!

• Paid Members
More amazing things developing in Dexter!! Only got round to watching this yesterday and again and it was wonderful.

The horror movie trap was amazing and Dexter spotting his new friend outside the scene means the season is about to take shape!!

What is with the references to the previous "big bads" like Trinity and Ice Truck all of a sudden?

I am torn as to who the Professor will turn out to be however after reading this thread I feel that he may be Harry to Travis' Dexter.

I can also see a sad parting between Dexter and Brother Sam, as well Quinn getting fed up of being stepped on and snapping. So much going on!

I just can't see it this time. Too many times has Dexter got close to someone for them to leave, I truly believe Brother Sam and Dex will part on good terms. Unless by sad you mean Brother Sam dieing at the hands of someone besides Dex?

Hmm,

Well dexter did mention the cuts to the body being different and that it was likely 2 killers being looked for, it doesn't put the theory to rest but it is a piece of evidence to suggest that the professor is real.

Hmm,

Well dexter did mention the cuts to the body being different and that it was likely 2 killers being looked for, it doesn't put the theory to rest but it is a piece of evidence to suggest that the professor is real.

Or just ties in with him being a split personality.

That's certainly possible. I do find the idea of travis having his own dark passenger to be plausible and perhaps likely. However i'm not sure whether it would fall under a split personality, since there's no evidence yet that he actually has one, more that he has guidance from what he believes is another person. The acts he's commited have been as himself, under guidance rather than as someone else i'd guess.

• Paid Members
When the poster above mentioned the word ghost I don't think he meant it in the literal sense.

Got you. I think it's all the talk of him being "The Dark Passenger" that threw me off. That isn't really mentioned in the show much so I tend to think more about the version in the books which is very different, and actually a separate concious entity, which is kind of how I read it.

That's certainly possible. I do find the idea of travis having his own dark passenger to be plausible and perhaps likely. However i'm not sure whether it would fall under a split personality, since there's no evidence yet that he actually has one, more that he has guidance from what he believes is another person. The acts he's commited have been as himself, under guidance rather than as someone else i'd guess.

I'm certain he's not real. Had a quick scan of some of his scenes earlier and it's not even just that we don't see anyone but Travis speak to him. No one acknowledges him AT ALL. In the Restaurant he's sitting with nothing in front of him but the Waitress doesn't even look in his direction. Even when she's tied up in the kitchen she only looks at Travis.

The stuff about the knife wounds is a good point but it could be a sneaky twist that Travis DOES have a partner it just isn't the Professor. It's certainly not like Dexter to make it so obvious who the villains are so early in the season, without there being some sort of twist.

Fair enough and aye as i said it's likely to be the case. Though as i say, dexter mentioning the different cuts doesn't quite work for me if they don't explain quite a bit further into the relationship between travis and his dark passenger - perhaps travis does have a split personality but it doesnt seem so at the moment. Also, Dexter seems to have clocked onto him quite quickly. Eitherway it's going to be fun to see how this plays out and i'm sure we're in for some twists yet.

the only thing missing from the last episode was dexter killing anyone - still, it was fantastic and didn't need it. I actually like Brother Sam, he's much less annoying than previous friends of dexter, although i like miguel (sp?). I like the way dexter seems to feel through the way he now acts he has indeed atoned and is not in need of killing

Fair enough and aye as i said it's likely to be the case. Though as i say, dexter mentioning the different cuts doesn't quite work for me if they don't explain quite a bit further into the relationship between travis and his dark passenger - perhaps travis does have a split personality but it doesnt seem so at the moment. Also, Dexter seems to have clocked onto him quite quickly. Eitherway it's going to be fun to see how this plays out and i'm sure we're in for some twists yet.

the only thing missing from the last episode was dexter killing anyone - still, it was fantastic and didn't need it. I actually like Brother Sam, he's much less annoying than previous friends of dexter, although i like miguel (sp?). I like the way dexter seems to feel through the way he now acts he has indeed atoned and is not in need of killing

Maybe he could kill that annoying blonde girl who works with Matsuka.

Thought she might of been involved in soemthing deep when she stole the ice truck killers hand, but no, she needed to pay rent.

Seems like almost every series has to have an annoying female character in it.

• Paid Members

First they took us one way with the bleeding head hallucination and then they have a phone call from between the Prof and Travis?!?!

An episode to drive things forward - I'm of the camp that the Professor is not real but....DAMN YOU DEXTER - WHY MAKE ME WAIT A WEEK FOR MORE!!!

Archived