Dexter Season 6 **SPOILERS**

Steve Justice

I think it's a shoe in that Quinn is dying this season, well him or Batista anyway. Both characters are stagnating but I guess Batista has a little more going for him at the moment.

I've got to agree with Mr Seven above though, I'm much preferring Sons of Anarchy at the moment. Awesome show!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, i was hoping for something a little extra to surprise us but alas no. very frustrating to watch when it seems so obvious and dexter just walks into it, like watching a slasher film and screaming at the babysitter not to go in down the dark corridor. the psychiatrist reiterating to deb all that has happened to her (or deb saying it aloud herself) made me laugh at the preposterous nature of it all but also wonder if maybe deb will start to believe that some things that have happened are more than coincidence.

• Paid Members

Well, I watched it last night and all I can say is BOLLOCKS.

I hate doing this, I really do. Dexter is my favourite show before this season did no wrong in my eyes. But fuck me, yet again what an awfully written episode. In fact, an awfully written season.

As the above article states, it's been the most obvious twist ever. I was convinced that when Dex found the professor's body that there was going to be a second guy involved, someone we knew. That didn't materialise in the end, at least not in this episode.

On top of this twist, we had the down right sloppy writing. During the final scene whilst Dexter is backing up Travis to confront the professor, Dex randomly decides to go into the back room to almost sharpen his fucking tools! WHAT? For christ's sake Dex, how have you become so lazy? The problem is with this twist, the writers have turned Dexter almost into a clown. So we have Dex at the back of the church, conveniently playing with his knives, not in any view of Travis and then what? He just randomly walks in the church with no aim or goal!

Then, he goes into that 'secret' basement thinking the professor has hidden down there. Yet again WHAT? Did Dexter not think "Oh, the table is on top of the trap door so therefore there is no way the professor could be down there, how would he move the table back and close the trap door?!"..WHAT THE FUCK DEXTER!

Surely in scientific terms there has to be another person? We don't know the exact terms of how long Dexter was locked in that lift, but come on. There was never enough time for Travis to get up the stairs, murder that guy and then create that scene that the Police department discovered the next day. Then, somehow smuggling a hand back to the apartment without Dexter seeing it? The only way it would have worked is if he stored the body somewhere and then went back for it after Dexter left the apartment.

The question is, CAN THIS SEASON BE SAVED? I honestly don't know. I watch Dexter with my girlfriend and I've never discussed how bad Dexter has been before with her, she knew that I would never admit it, but for the first time she turned to me and said "this season is a bit shit isn't it?", all i could say was "it is, yeah".

Some of you might find this interesting, Scott Buck talking about the reveal and how the cast & Directors were in the dark about it during filming. I'd love to hear what they thought of so many guessing it pretty early but I guess they'll never acknowledge that till long after its over. They probs should have done the reveal after the horse stuff and then kept it tense with us knowing what the crack was but Dexter being in the dark about it whilst palling around with a massive nutter trying to find a dead guy he thinks is still alive.

• Paid Members
On top of this twist, we had the down right sloppy writing. During the final scene whilst Dexter is backing up Travis to confront the professor, Dex randomly decides to go into the back room to almost sharpen his fucking tools! WHAT? For christ's sake Dex, how have you become so lazy? The problem is with this twist, the writers have turned Dexter almost into a clown. So we have Dex at the back of the church, conveniently playing with his knives, not in any view of Travis and then what? He just randomly walks in the church with no aim or goal!

That bit drove me mental as well. As far as Dexter was aware he was sending Travis in alone to see the brutal psychopath who murdered his sister, while he fucked around with his knives. Aside from everything else, how did he know that one of them wouldn't kill the other while he was dicking about?

Also - From the Teaser for next week.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Travis spent most of this episode wanting to kill Gellar for murdering his sister, but suddenly he's 100% back on his side. Lazy lazy writing that ruins possibly the only interesting storyline that could've come from this twist: How does Dexter kill the evil "Gellar" without killing the innocent Travis?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

The Deb in the psychiatrists office scene might be one of the most misguided scenes in any show ever. All it did was remind me how completely unrealistic it was that the woman who was engaged to the Ice Truck Killer would ever be made Head of Homicide, much less one that the public love. In real life even promoting to her to detective would've been a public relations nightmare.

Speaking of the Ice Truck Killer, I'm guessing Musaka's intern will turn out to be his son.

Edit: Double post.

Speaking of the Ice Truck Killer, I'm guessing Musaka's intern will turn out to be his son.

Is that why they showed the hand? because I really didnt get that, unless it just meant he couldn't be trusted, the side stories in this season aren't really that interesting either, I have no idea what Quinn n Batista are getting up too, just seems like two odd balls, the hooker thing with LaGuerta and Matthews erm maybe I missed something but why is LaGuerta helping him? that's it really nothing else of note.

I will agree with what has been mostly said about the big reveal, hopefully it can still end in a interesting way.

Is that why they showed the hand? because I really didnt get that, unless it just meant he couldn't be trusted, the side stories in this season aren't really that interesting either, I have no idea what Quinn n Batista are getting up too, just seems like two odd balls, the hooker thing with LaGuerta and Matthews erm maybe I missed something but why is LaGuerta helping him? that's it really nothing else of note.

I will agree with what has been mostly said about the big reveal, hopefully it can still end in a interesting way.

I'm still surprised that a Florida police department haven't noticed they've got Ted Bundy working for them yet.

No way can that intern be Brian/Rudy's son unless he had him when he was like 10 years old, that seems way too far fetched. Think its more likely he'll be the next one to stumble onto Dexter's secret since he seems very interested in him and his deceased brother, but being related to them seems a bit much.

I have no idea what Quinn n Batista are getting up too, just seems like two odd balls, the hooker thing with LaGuerta and Matthews erm maybe I missed something but why is LaGuerta helping him? that's it really nothing else of note.

I think they are just providing some comic relief since nowt much else seems to be going on with them. And LaGuerta got promoted by helping Matthews and blackmailing him, I guess its not in her interests to see him go down and spill his guts on that fact but its not been as clear as it could be to the viewer.

I'm still surprised that a Florida police department haven't noticed they've got Ted Bundy working for them yet.

Well they got two more seasons to figure it out, although it will probably be something daft in how he gets caught, kind of like now with Travis.

LaGuerta got promoted by helping Matthews and blackmailing him, I guess its not in her interests to see him go down and spill his guts on that fact but its not been as clear as it could be to the viewer.

Hmm that's still not enough for me to buy into why she would help him, if she was taking photos of him while the hooker died and she said nothing, then yeah I can get that, but otherwise no, we will have to wait and see, but I wont get my hopes up.

• Paid Members

I was originally going to wait until all the episodes had aired so I could watch them back to back, but through seeing a link to a streaming site tonight I thought "What the hell". Watched the first two episodes and figured I'd squeeze in the third one before going to bed....

Raw is taking a fucking back-seat when I get in from work.

• Paid Members

Well, episode 10 has been and gone. What can I say? Some decent stuff and some garbage.

First off the garbage. The two 'disciples' Travis recruited was an absolute farce and bringing in two random people at this stage of the series felt completely cheap. Then, there was the sheer lazy writing that came along with it. Dexter saying "at least I have the blog" in relation to tracking Travis was ridiculous. Miami metro are aware that Gellar (at least in their minds) is posting blog updates, WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY NOT LOOKING AT IT? Why does take a friggin intern to notice nut jobs posting their allegiance to Gellar? This blog is their number one source of info and only an intern is looking at it? WHAT????

Then you have Dexter's continued fall into his Lax approach to concealing his true identity and Quinn and Batista's completely not of an event storyline.

The good. I loved Harry and Dex's interaction. Harry is such a brilliant character and brings the best out of Michael C Hall. Also, this storyline with Detective Matthew's and the call girl has me actually quite intrigued. Also, what's up with the intern? Why is he fascinated with Dexter? He has the hand from the ice truck killings but why? There's no way it's Rudy's son as speculated above. As mentioned he must have to been 10 years old to father someone that age. If it is, then it's ridiculous. Could it be a long lost brother? I doubt it, but it has me intrigued as well.

Next week's ep actually looks good, but all these trailers make the eps look good. Two ep's to go and only something monumental can save this season for me.

Archived