Dexter Season 6 **SPOILERS**

Steve Justice

• Paid Members

The thing I liked about the swerve was that I started asking myself if Geller was dead all along around about the 4th episode, when the waitress talks to Travis and pays no mind to the old man he's with. Being right about it made me a little smug as I rarely guess plot twists. On the downside, I love being surprised by them, so I missed out on the "Oh shit!" factor.

Going off-topic slightly, but the photo they have of Travis on their suspect board is currently Colin Hanks' profile picture on the IMDB site, taken last year. Similarly, the photo they used for Arthur Mitchell was taken at an awards ceremony a few years earlier (possibly the Oscars).

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the finale, overall i enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next season.

More thoughts:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The awkwardness between dexter and Deb at the crime scene was well played out, if not slightly weird and their interactions going forward from that were pretty good too, dexter seemed absolutely oblivious to it and their hug at his apartment looked like the most awkward hug possible.

When they discussed the tableu that got played out at the end of the last episode which dexter got away from, it makes me wonder why deb did not connect the fact that no wreckage or a body was found and dexters boat being washed up and dexter supposedly swimming back to the shore and that it was a massive coincidence and he was likely involved.

How did no one hear dexter smashing in the wall with the picture of him on?

The 'deb is going to find out about dexter being a murderer' thing was very strongly hinted at in the meeting debbie had with her therapist, something along the lines of maybe falling for guys completely opposite to dexter was a way of shielding from the fact she's in love with him setup for the reveal, especially given the fact that dexter set his kill room up in the place deb had told him to be after the padgeant. but in this case i think it added to the suspense and excitment leading into the final scene.

The death room scene was done well, the exchange between dexter and travis was good. I do wonder why deb never said anything prior to seeing dexter bring the knife down on travis but shock of the whole situation likely explains that away.

All in all I think it was a good episode and we're looking at a great next season, thoughts of the season are that it wasn't as bad as people tend to make out, though it wasn't as good as past seasons it certainly had its moments

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Just finished watching the last episode. All in all I really enjoyed it. I haven't had many of the problems with the season that others have, although it's far from the best year of the show. In fact, episode 9 or 10 was my least favourite episode of Dexter ever.

I agree that the cliff hanger ending was telegraphed in the psychiatrist's office last week. Debs kept emphasising that she wouldn't know what to do without Dexter and her life would be nothing, etc.

One thing that didn't sit well with me was Dexter turning up to the Noah's Ark thing in his "killing costume". I know he was planning on going straight to the skyscraper afterwards, but I don't think we've ever seen it before he goes stalking and it just stood out to me.

Looks like the Debs loves Dexter storyline was only there to set up the ending, which I'm happy about as I didn't like the idea of the show going in that direction.

Still not sure what the computer games designer is up to, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns to serial killing. If so, I don't hold out much hope for the babysitter surviving.

Also, what was up with Dexter suddenly getting better from headaches and nose bleeds. You'd think he'd suffer while trying to swim to shore.

I don't hold Dexter up to the same standards as other shows like Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy, so maybe that's why I haven't had as much of a problem as others. It's just good fun television most weeks and this season has had some very interesting storylines and great acting by Hanks Jr. I'm looking forward to the last two seasons (did I hear that or have I made it up?)

• Paid Members

The downside of streaming this was that I could tell how much time was left until the end, so with him still talking to Travis with two minutes to go, I realised that there'd be no time for usual end-of-season reflection, but I'm glad with what happened instead.

I'm looking forward to the last two seasons (did I hear that or have I made it up?)

There will be two more, not sure if they'll be the last two, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Two things stood out for me:

1) Did anyone else think that Travis had brought the Ice Truck Killer Hand with him to the apartment and for a moment though he and the intern had been in cahoots? Had to rewind it to see that the package was already outside the apartment waiting before he arrived.

2) Dexter should from now on do his killings with the lion mask on, clearly.

This was the first season of Dexter I've ever watched and I regret not watching the first 5. Will I still be able to enjoy the first 5 seaons or has this season revealed something that was building up previously?

I think they'll still be enjoyable. The show often works with having the viewer 'in the know'. there's a bit of information regarding the first season (the ice truck killer) which is likely spoiled and maybe one or two other bits but i think it's a pretty safe bet that you can still enjoy it. If you enjoyed this season enough to want to watch the previous seasons you're in for a treat anyway, since on the most part they were stronger. Pretty much everything that was said in the therapist sessions with Deb are what you didn't want to know, but it's not a big deal :)

• Paid Members

Very good final ep to the season that for obvious reasons left me wanting more. It's great to finally have Dexter end on a cliffhanger rather than the normal cue Mexican guitar, narration and then end (Although season 4 obviously ended in a sort of cliff hanger).

I have to admit whilst I was thinking Deb may show up, I actually didn't expect it to happen. When Deb walked in on Dexter and he turned around and fittingly proclaimed "OH GOD!" I was left speechless and gasped. Hopefully he will be able to now tell Deb Trinity is actually dead!

Colin Hanks was yet again brilliant and Michael C Hall was fantastic in this episode. I have to admit that I think Deb has looked a lot more attractive this season, to which my girlfriend bizarrely stated last night. I think she has finally put a little of weight on.

Overall, this season has been decent some great highs but some very bad lows. However, I still friggin love this show.

This was the first season of Dexter I've ever watched and I regret not watching the first 5. Will I still be able to enjoy the first 5 seaons or has this season revealed something that was building up previously?

I think they'll still be enjoyable. The show often works with having the viewer 'in the know'. there's a bit of information regarding the first season (the ice truck killer) which is likely spoiled and maybe one or two other bits but i think it's a pretty safe bet that you can still enjoy it. If you enjoyed this season enough to want to watch the previous seasons you're in for a treat anyway, since on the most part they were stronger. Pretty much everything that was said in the therapist sessions with Deb are what you didn't want to know, but it's not a big deal :)

Thanks dude, I think I'll give them a wach :)

Just watched the finale and really enjoyed it, a really strong end to an up and down season. As I said before I expected Deb to find out next season but it was a really well executed ending (pun intended) and I after everything I found the "oh god" line really effective. As mentioned, the exchange between Dex and Travis was brilliant and really built up the tension leading to Deb walking in.

Even though this season definitely has had its low points, the major plus the show always has going for it is Michael C Hall is one of the best actors on television and he has been great again. I look forward to next season and where they take it, with fingers crossed for some more consistent writing.

• Paid Members

What a finish!! As soon as the scene in the psychiatrists office started I turned to the good lady and said "fuck, Deb is going to find out!!" But then we became torn as to whether she was going to catch Dexter in the act or the blood-stained shirt/ITK hand. Thankfully it was the former which blows things wide open!!Great, great episode which built the suspense up superbly.Fuck my life for having to wait 9 months for this baby :-(

I liked this episode and it was a really good cliffhanger ending. It gives a fresh dynamic for the final two seasons. Like everyone else I enjoyed the line of "Oh God" at the end.

Overall it was a good season with some good bits and nonsensical stuff. Compared with others not as good as Seasons 1,2 and 4 but much better than Season 3 as it is still the worst season of Dexter IMO.

Cannot wait for season 7 next September. I am consoling myself by watching season 4 again.

That was quite the ending, I must say, I wonder how they fill 2 seasons of Debs knowing her brother is a nutter.

I actually only watched the first season of Dexter and cameback to it, the season before this one, so I've missed season 2,3 and 4 which I'm going to go back and watch now, might as well watch season 1 again too, that will help fill in the time till next season.

Finally got round to watching it last night. My thoughts on the final episode and the season as a whole, it's been sloppy but the parts they got right were pretty good. I hate the fact LaGeurta has been a prick all season and then turns into Deb's best friend at the end. A better ending there would have been LaGeurta to get her comupence in some way.

The end of Travis was same old same old, though the scene when he took Harrison was quite tence, if a little predictable. And Deb's walking in on Dexter was also predictable. He knew she knew he was there, so why do it there? Last season when she nearly caught him would have been better because of the situation leading up to it, it was a chance meeting. I feel they kind of force fed us this season. And Dexter as a character is getting sloppy and dumb too.

It will be interesting to see where they go with it now. I think less focus on lesser characters (Quinn for example) is whats needed. More substance on Dexter with one or two side stories as a filler would be better. 10 months to go.

Archived