Dexter Season 6 **SPOILERS**

Steve Justice

• Paid Members

During the scene where Debs hugs Dexter after the 'Wormwood' incident, after looking at Debs expression I said to my missus "you don't think Deb's is in love with Dexter do you?", she looked at me with disgust and said "no, she just looked like that because of the problems they've been having and she was happy that they were hugging". How smug was I when I was right. IN YOUR FACE WIFE!Fairly good episode. Though I didn't quite buy the ending. That was a big ass explosion and Dexter would have been affected by it unless he was very deep underwater, which he wasn't.Who do you think 'computer geek' was posting the hand too? Dexter immediately comes to mind.

As Chris posted above, writing Dexter Morgan on the sticky label is a slight give away :laugh:Anyway, yes, as someone mentioned above I did forget to bring up the daftness of Dexter sending a video message to Travis. I certainly hope the Police don't find Travis' phone in the aftermath haha!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the scene where Debs hugs Dexter after the 'Wormwood' incident, after looking at Debs expression I said to my missus "you don't think Deb's is in love with Dexter do you?", she looked at me with disgust and said "no, she just looked like that because of the problems they've been having and she was happy that they were hugging". How smug was I when I was right. IN YOUR FACE WIFE!Fairly good episode. Though I didn't quite buy the ending. That was a big ass explosion and Dexter would have been affected by it unless he was very deep underwater, which he wasn't.Who do you think 'computer geek' was posting the hand too? Dexter immediately comes to mind.

As Chris posted above, writing Dexter Morgan on the sticky label is a slight give away :laugh:
:blush: Yes. I don't really have a retort to that.

The whole mixed feelings thing from Deb is a good storyline, i just fear they've probably brought it up too late in this season for there to be much they can do with it until next. This episode was good, my only issue with it i guess was the video messages dexter sent, firstly because of the issues of the police finding them, secondly because it seemed like a really bad promo.

• Paid Members

Better episode I thought.They should've just let Hanks play Travis like that from the very start. He's basically turned into a completely different character from when he was "with" Gellar than after the reveal.Dexter is still face palmingly stupid (as pointed out sending a video message to someone you plan to murder is just moronic) but the rest wasn't that bad at all. I actually felt quite a bit of tension when the woman was about to release Wormwood in the Police Station, which is surprising since after last week I was hoping that everybody would die.You know who this show is sorely missing? Rita. I realise why they killed her off but on reflection she was by far the most likable supporting character.

• Paid Members

Better episode I thought.They should've just let Hanks play Travis like that from the very start. He's basically turned into a completely different character from when he was "with" Gellar than after the reveal.Dexter is still face palmingly stupid (as pointed out sending a video message to someone you plan to murder is just moronic) but the rest wasn't that bad at all. I actually felt quite a bit of tension when the woman was about to release Wormwood in the Police Station, which is surprising since after last week I was hoping that everybody would die.You know who this show is sorely missing? Rita. I realise why they killed her off but on reflection she was by far the most likable supporting character.

Bold statement my friend! Whilst I really liked Rita, there are a load of fans who disliked her.

What's not to like? Just turn the volume down and knock one out. Since she left the standard of hottness has dropped. I've never been a fan of Debs, she looks like a Picasso painting, and LaGuerta looks like she has Downs. Masuka's original intern was hot, as has the odd extra character here and there, other than that nothing.

The episode was decent. Once again Colin Hanks stole the show though. I have one complaint though as at the beginning we saw Angel struggling like fuck to untie his hands - to the point where he was bleeding - which was believable and even added a bit of suspense. Later, in the same episode. Dexter is suffering from gas poisoning and has his hands tied yet escapes immediately! Even Harry Houdini couldn't have done it that quick. Where is the suspense? Plus the "incest" is just weird and unnecessary

• Paid Members

I'm scratching my head here trying to think why the music playing when the intern was familiar because it felt like something from one of the scenes with Rudy from season one. If it is the same piece then....well I have no clue what it means but speculation has been abounding on here as well as other places...

It may just be me however as I can't place it for definite...

• Paid Members
Plus the "incest" is just weird and unnecessary

They arent blood related so its not THAT bad I suppose

I'm in complete agreement and I've always had this thought in the back of my mind that this story was a distinct possibility. Also, I recon that the writers had this idea in their heads from the very beginning. During the flashbacks in the early series you would hear a child version of Deb refer to Dexter as adopted so it's not like she has grown up with the knowledge they are actually related by blood.

I think it's an obvious transition and obviously if Dexter only has 2 seasons left, then this story mixed with the possibility of Deb finding out about Dex's dark passenger could prove unmissable TV.

Plus the "incest" is just weird and unnecessary

They arent blood related so its not THAT bad I suppose

I'm in complete agreement and I've always had this thought in the back of my mind that this story was a distinct possibility. Also, I recon that the writers had this idea in their heads from the very beginning. During the flashbacks in the early series you would hear a child version of Deb refer to Dexter as adopted so it's not like she has grown up with the knowledge they are actually related by blood.

I think it's an obvious transition and obviously if Dexter only has 2 seasons left, then this story mixed with the possibility of Deb finding out about Dex's dark passenger could prove unmissable TV.

As far as I can remember there has never even been a suggested attraction there yet now, after 3 sessions with a therapist, they seem to be shoe-horning it into the series. Personally I just think it's cheap and unnecessary and is hopefully brushed under the carpet next week.

Travis/Colin Hanks has really grown on me the last 3 or 4 episodes and I really enjoy it when he is on screen (more than anyone else and nearly as much as Trinity). I really hope they break with tradition this season and have him either escape or commit suicide.

PS. Does the rope thing not bother anyone else?

I just watched the last 2 together after being away and I thought they were a lot better and setting up a really strong finnish after a dodgy few in the middle. I'm not really buying the Deb loves Dex thing but we'll see what happens. My guess is she just realises how much she needs him as a brother and they'll build on that next season, probably leading to her finding out about his dark passenger. So yeah, really good couple of episodes topped only by this....

Who do you think 'computer geek' was posting the hand too? Dexter immediately comes to mind.

.... and the couple of subsequent replies.

I just watched the last 2 together after being away and I thought they were a lot better and setting up a really strong finnish after a dodgy few in the middle. I'm not really buying the Dev loves Dex thing but we'll see what happens. My guess is she just realises how much she needs him as a brother and they'll build on that next season, probably leading to her finding out about his dark passenger. So yeah, really good couple of episodes topped only by this....

Who do you think 'computer geek' was posting the hand too? Dexter immediately comes to mind.

Leave me alone. :(

• Paid Members
I just watched the last 2 together after being away and I thought they were a lot better and setting up a really strong finnish after a dodgy few in the middle. I'm not really buying the Dev loves Dex thing but we'll see what happens. My guess is she just realises how much she needs him as a brother and they'll build on that next season, probably leading to her finding out about his dark passenger. So yeah, really good couple of episodes topped only by this....

Leave me alone. :(

I honestly just laughed out loud there. Good stuff! :laugh:

Well having got back from my holiday I didn't see the 'swerve' coming and thus enjoyed it immensely.

With people on this thread talking as if it was the most obvious thing ever, I take it it's because it's being discussed online and on stuff like that IGN thread - i.e. someone comes up with a theory, everyone then latches onto it and sees it when it's finally revealed because they've been discussing it for weeks?

That article on IGN is just silly - of course hints have to be dropped for a reveal like that. If you don't drop hints and instead have Geller acting completely like a normal human being then the twist wouldn't make sense.

Overall I'm enjoying this series of Dexter a bit more than the last, although the whole 'attack on the homicide department' thing was a bit '24'. Also, they need to do something with LaGuerta's character because she's really just become a one dimensional boo-hiss villain.

Archived