Dexter Season 6 **SPOILERS**

Steve Justice

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it doesn't. Does nobody remember the excellent trailer for season six? And it turned out to be worse than AIDS. This show has fallen off a cliff harder than anything since Lost. An entire season of Deb wrestling with her conscience whilst Dexter tries to keep his bloodlust in check against his colleagues? Fuck off.

No, it doesn't. Does nobody remember the excellent trailer for season six? And it turned out to be worse than AIDS. This show has fallen off a cliff harder than anything since Lost. An entire season of Deb wrestling with her conscience whilst Dexter tries to keep his bloodlust in check against his colleagues? Fuck off.

No these are the guys who were praising season 6 as well. A quick scan back through the last couple of pages shows plenty of defending season 6 (well not exactly defending it - just proclaiming it great TV with an "amazing" performances from Colin Hanks)

One of the problems Dexter as a show has had is probably it got too popular (and I know how that sounds, trying to be Mr Alternative or something). It should've had a clear end to build to before the showrunner got bored and left. Instead it became this ratings hit so the network kept commissioning new seasons.

This popularity has seemed to push the show to a more acceptable place by just making Dexter "the hero". Instead of interesting discussions of morality and justice it becomes Dexter vs. Bad Guys. Bad Guys who have to be increasingly over the top to keep Dexter in full on hero mode what with him still being a serial killer. You'll notice they've softened parts of his character to make him a more acceptable hero (his relationships with women were initially complex and allowed the show to examine parts of his character, in season 6 he's getting a blowjob whilst tracking his next victim - badass!)

With the religious stuff it initially seemed an interesting idea for a season but they dropped the admittedly somewhat interesting Mos Def storyline half way through in favour of Colin Hanks sewing bits of people to horses and stuff - cos it looks so cool! What a visual! Classic television!

Dexter is the show for people who finding Breaking Bad "too slow" and get annoyed at why Walter White doesn't just ditch the annoying family and just be heisenberg

• Paid Members

There's clips in that trailer that I'm pretty sure are dream sequences. The bit where he injects Masuka in the middle of the police station for example.

It's a good trailer but I'll wait and see how it turns out before I jizz all over everything. Dexter has always been a mix of great and shite.

• Paid Members

No these are the guys who were praising season 6 as well. A quick scan back through the last couple of pages shows plenty of defending season 6 (well not exactly defending it - just proclaiming it great TV with an "amazing" performances from Colin Hanks)

To be fair, the majority of posters in here (myself included) thought the series went to shit after 4 or so eps and picked up at the end. Overall the series had some highs and some incredibly shitty lows.

Also Seven, you said you were done with this show earlier in the thread and couldn't even bring yourself to watch the end of season 6. Fair enough and each to their own of course, but from now I hope we've seen the last of you in this thread? Obviously if you do manage to bring yourself to watch it then once again, fair enough.

• 1 month later...

Archived