Hulk Hogan roasted by & roasting (minor) celebs

dopper

In case anybody is unfamiliar with the concept: Comedy Central do a series of Roasts, where celebrities who are easy targets ... last week Charlie Sheen, this week David Hasselhoff ... sit there while d-list comedians and other random celebrities make edgy jokes at their expense.

Hulk Hogan was one of the roasters on the Hasselhoff episode which was shown last night.

Each roaster also take shots at their fellow roasters as well as the roastee, and here are the highlights involving the Hulkster:

Lisa Lampanelli (stand-up comedienne):

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Jeffrey Ross on the Gene Simmons roast was fucking hilarious. These things are brutal. A lot of the comedians are really horrid, but when you get a good one on its pretty special. The Howard Stern Roasts are class as well, just for the staff bombing. The KKK's Daniel Carver's roast was funny as fuck.

Best thing about the David Hassellhoff roast was there was no Carrott Top.

• Paid Members
Jeffrey Ross on the Gene Simmons roast was fucking hilarious. These things are brutal. A lot of the comedians are really horrid, but when you get a good one on its pretty special. The Howard Stern Roasts are class as well, just for the staff bombing. The KKK's Daniel Carver's roast was funny as fuck.

I wish I knew why they stopped doing the Stern Roasts. They went for the jugular like no other. Even when the jokes bombed they were hysterical. Yukko should be on the Comendy central ones.

The british ones that were on last year were a bit shite. Surprisingly, the only really funny one on them was Patrick Keilty on the Sharon Osbourne roast. normally he is as funny as soil, but on this he the only person who knew what a roast was, and went for it with gusto.

• Paid Members

I wish I knew why they stopped doing the Stern Roasts. They went for the jugular like no other. Even when the jokes bombed they were hysterical. Yukko should be on the Comendy central ones.

The british ones that were on last year were a bit shite. Surprisingly, the only really funny one on them was Patrick Keilty on the Sharon Osbourne roast. normally he is as funny as soil, but on this he the only person who knew what a roast was, and went for it with gusto.

I share your bemusement over laughing at Patrick Keilty. He was the only decent thing on the show.

I really enjoy the Dean Martin roasts. Mainly because Don Rickles pops up to do his stuff.

• Paid Members
its not meant to be funny, have you never seen a roast before? its all about hitting below the belt, from o'learys to hoffs one, its not about cracking jokes, its about ripping the piss.

Unless you are being ironic, you should watch some of the older/original roasts, as previously mentioned. Re-watching some of the Dean Martin ones now I don't think I have even heard a swear word, let alone a complete barrage if filthy insults. It is all well delivered comedy at the expense of the roastee (roasted??) and the guests.

It's all got a bit silly now. It's gone from being a way of honouring someone by having their friends take the piss out of them, to an ordeal that famous people feel obligated to go through while comedians they don't know savage them with no particular skill.

The Chevy Chase one was just brutal for this.

I personally like it when the roastee gets the better of his roasters - William Shatner completely stole the show at his.

• Paid Members
its not meant to be funny, have you never seen a roast before? its all about hitting below the belt, from o'learys to hoffs one, its not about cracking jokes, its about ripping the piss.

They can rip the piss and actually be smart and witty about it at the same time. A bunch of people coming out saying "your daughter is ugly, your wife is a cunt and you are gay" isn't exactly great television.

And isn't the show broadcast on Comedy Central, ofcourse it's supposed to be fucking funny!

• Paid Members
Was it the Iron Shiek roast where Scott Hall wanted to beat up some guy for making a joke about Owen Harts death

Yep.

Fatboy (Roundboy?) Jimmy Graham made a comment about Sheik's career plummeting like Owen Hart or something like that. Hall came out the crowd and throttled him. You won't be surprised to know that he was a little out of it. Once the roast resumed after Hall's departure King Kong Bundy took the piss a little in his absence.

Hall recorded a short snippet after the event explaining that it wasn't acceaptable to make a joke of the way Owen died. It's not so bad to do it about many of the other wrestling deaths because the guys tended to have lifestyles that contributed to it, but Owen was blameless in his. Hall said that he'd have done jail time happily to get his hands on Graham properly for the comment.

They can rip the piss and actually be smart and witty about it at the same time. A bunch of people coming out saying "your daughter is ugly, your wife is a cunt and you are gay" isn't exactly great television.

And isn't the show broadcast on Comedy Central, ofcourse it's supposed to be fucking funny!

I read through the comments, and some of them were funny. Pamela Anderson's line about "having one big breasted blond" was good. Its a piss take but reasonably funny and friendly.

However a lot of them made me think "wow, what a bitch." Especially that line about "this is the sound of 19 year old balls hitting your wife's chin." Thats not funny... that's just mean.

Archived