Hulk Hogan roasted by & roasting (minor) celebs

dopper

I just hate how they all site there and laugh along to stuff they clearly aren't find funny. I watched the Charlie Sheen one at the weekend and he sat there and laughed at someone cracking a joke about him losing his kids. Now unless there's something seriously wrong with him (yeah, I know.....) there's no way he's sitting there thinking "woah, good one!" when something like that is brought up. Lisa Lampanelli is the worst. Actually doing the full knee-slapping laugh routine when someone is calling her a fat cunt.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just hate how they all site there and laugh along to stuff they clearly aren't find funny. I watched the Charlie Sheen one at the weekend and he sat there and laughed at someone cracking a joke about him losing his kids. Now unless there's something seriously wrong with him (yeah, I know.....) there's no way he's sitting there thinking "woah, good one!" when something like that is brought up. Lisa Lampanelli is the worst. Actually doing the full knee-slapping laugh routine when someone is calling her a fat cunt.

You realise before these roasts happen, the roastee can ask for certain topics not to be brought up if they don't want them to - everything on the show is what the roastee has allowed them to discuss.

Charlie Sheen's only request was that the roasters not mention anything about his mother, one of William Shatners requests was that they not mention his wife (who had died a year earlier in his swimming pool).

I`ve skimmed channels and discovered some of these by accident. I dont get them and find them increadibly unfunny!

Whats the point of them? to basically tell the haters out there that sure we can laugh at our own piss takes? to try and drum up some media time for dead beat out of work comedians? or basically to make a quick buck by taking the piss out yourself?

Its not entertainment in my eyes!

Some of it is funny and then some of it is just evil shit. I dont remember the exact line of the joke but it was something like; (to Steve-O) sorry to hear about the passing of your friend ryan dunn, we are were all dissapointed that it wasnt you'. it wasnt that exact line but its still fucked up and not funny

• Moderators
Some of it is funny and then some of it is just evil shit. I dont remember the exact line of the joke but it was something like; (to Steve-O) sorry to hear about the passing of your friend ryan dunn, we are were all dissapointed that it wasnt you'. it wasnt that exact line but its still fucked up and not funny

That got a lot of press. I watched it the next day, then when it finished, Googled to see if anyone else thought it was a bit much. General opinion is there's no line at a roast, but with Steve-O sat there, three months after his friend burned to death, it's totally different from making Amy Winehouse jokes when her parents aren't sat onstage to hear it. But I don't know if I'd have felt the same if I wasn't a fan, and if Steve-O's face after the joke hadn't made my stomach sink.

• Paid Members

It was fair game though. Surely he knew that was on the table when he went there. Not agreeing with it, but someone should have told he to expect that. For me these roasts have become a parody of themselves. Its an excuse for a load of shit comedians to get a payday without being funny. And nothing will ever top this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ITBQFjmGFQ

It was fair game though. Surely he knew that was on the table when he went there. Not agreeing with it, but someone should have told he to expect that. For me these roasts have become a parody of themselves. Its an excuse for a load of shit comedians to get a payday without being funny. And nothing will ever top this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ITBQFjmGFQ

That might actually be the first thing I've laughed at on one of those roasts.

You realise before these roasts happen, the roastee can ask for certain topics not to be brought up if they don't want them to - everything on the show is what the roastee has allowed them to discuss.

Charlie Sheen's only request was that the roasters not mention anything about his mother, one of William Shatners requests was that they not mention his wife (who had died a year earlier in his swimming pool).

That's not really the point I was making. There's a difference between allowing jokes to be told and pretending to find them funny. If Sheen (or anyone on these roasts in the same position) is happy for something to be joked about then fair enough, but don't sit and pretend you're finding a joke about your kids being taken away funny.

How do you know he didn't find it funny?

I don't to be fair. It is Charlie Sheen so I suppose there's a chance he finds jokes about his failings as a father to be funny. I am saying, however, that I think the chances of people on these shows finding every insult being hurled their way to be laugh-out-loud hilarious are very slim.

Archived