The NFL thread

iMPACt!

Highest rated offense vs Highest Rated defence.

So are we thinking shootout or punt... punt.... punt? If Manning gets rolling early and gets a few scores up I think its all over just like last year. Can't see Seattle capable of being able to come from behind.

Annual stay up and gorge on takeaway night for the Mrs and I. Got the week off before and after just in case work try and screw me over by making me work the Sunday or Monday.

Edited by JFFC

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a big Lions fan and yesterday we cut Burleson and Delmas. I agree with letting Delmas go, injuries were always an issue. He played all 16 games last year but missed most practices. He's a career ending injury waiting to happen.

Burleson going sucks, I think he still had something to offer. On and off the field.

The consensus is Lions will take a corner or WR with there 1st draft pick, with Nate gone I think it needs to be the latter now. We need to find someone who will benefit from the attention shown to Megatron, even better if we get someone that will take some attention away from him. My fingers will be crossed for Sammy Watkins, but no doubt he will be gone when we come to pick. Saying that I won't be disappointed if we take Justin Gilbert.

• Paid Members

Could Mike Evans be a shout? There's not too many teams before you needing a WR and he's been fantastic at A & M, though that could just be through how special Manziel has been.

He's built much like Megatron, could be a sound investment.

If you don't take him I sure as hell hope the Jets get the chance.

Edited by Shy Dad

• Paid Members
Could Mike Evans be a shout? There's not too many teams before you needing a WR and he's been fantastic at A & M, though that could just be through how special Manziel has been.

There's certainly an aspect of Manziel shine on Evans, but it's definitely not a case of a QB making a bad WR look good. He's a mismatch nightmare, and a very talented player. Against TAMU this year Bama started a true freshman corner, Eddie Jackson, (who played very little for the rest of the year) just because he was the best possible matchup for Evans height-wise.

I still think there's an outside chance Manziel goes to the Texans with the first pick, given the box office he'd generate as much as anything. I would wager they'll go with Teddy Bridgewater, however. Which leaves the Browns as a likely destination?

Regardless, I'm glad to see the back of him, for many reasons.

Where do we all think Johnny Football is going?

As it stands he looks like he will end up at the Jags. I would take Bridgewater before him as I think Johnny might struggle in the NFL, his style of play will need to be adapted and that isn't always straight forward.

Clowney has said he expects to run 4.4 or low 4.5 in the 40 yard dash. Fuck that would be a scary sight.

• 2 months later...

So first round of the draft done, the QB'S took a huge drop over the last few weeks. Not so long ago some people were suggesting that 5 could go in the top ten, turned out only 3 went in the whole first round.

As a Detroit fan I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't make a big move for Watkins or Mack, but Ebron will give Stafford another weapon. Megatron, Tate, Fauria ,Ebron and Bush gives Stafford so many options really excited about this offense going forward.

1 -Texans - Clowney, DE

2- Rams (From Redskins) Robinson- OT

3 -Jaguars -Bortles-QB

4 - Bills (From Browns) Watkins-WR

5 - Raiders - Mack -OLB

6- Falcons - Matthews -OT

7 - Buccaneers - Evans -WR

8- Browns (From Vikings) Gilbert, -CB

9 Vikings (From Bills through Browns) Barr-OLB

10 Lions- Ebron- TE

11- Titans- Lewan -OT

12- Giants-Beckham - WR

13- Rams- Donald-DT

14-- Bears- Fuller-CB

15- Steelers-Shazier-OLB

16--Cowboys-Martin-OT

17-Ravens-Mosley-ILB

18-Jets-Pryor-FS

19-Dolphins-James-OT

20- Saints (From Cardinals)-Cooks-WR

21-Packers-Clinton-Dix-FS

22-Browns (From Eagles)-Manziel-QB

23-Chiefs-Ford-DE

24-Bengals-Dennard-CB

25-Chargers-Verrett-CB

26-Eagles (From Colts through Browns)-Smith-DE

27-Cardinals -Bucannon-SS

28-Panthers-Benjamin-WR

29-Patriots-Easley-DT

30-49ers-Ward-SS

31-Broncos-Roby-CB

32-Vikings (From Seahawks)-Bridgewater- QB

Edited by MoKonjic

• Paid Members

First time I've stayed up for day one of the draft, greatly enjoyed it. My friend went mental when Jerry passed on Manziel, made the night for me. The Lions offence is officially scary and the Browns nailed it. Roll on day two!

In simplest terms it's all the eligible collage players standing against a wall while the 32 teams take it in turns to pick players. The position a team get to pick at is determined by how they finished the previous year. So this year the Sea Hawks got last pick as they won the Superbowl and the Texans got first pick as they had the worse record.

They complete 7 rounds of picks so in theory every teams get's 7 new players (some teams get awarded extra picks based on how a team goes about free agency) .Picks are tradable, so if you have a late pick and you want to pick sooner you could make a deal with a team with a higher pick, usually offering 2 or 3 of your later picks or a first round pick from next year, what ever deal you can thrash out with them.

After the draft a team would expect to have obtained

2/3 instant starters

2/3 Squad players

2/3 players that may need development

• Paid Members
In simplest terms it's all the eligible collage players standing against a wall while the 32 teams take it in turns to pick players. The position a team get to pick at is determined by how they finished the previous year. So this year the Sea Hawks got last pick as they won the Superbowl and the Texans got first pick as they had the worse record.

They complete 7 rounds of picks so in theory every teams get's 7 new players (some teams get awarded extra picks based on how a team goes about free agency) .Picks are tradable, so if you have a late pick and you want to pick sooner you could make a deal with a team with a higher pick, usually offering 2 or 3 of your later picks or a first round pick from next year, what ever deal you can thrash out with them.

After the draft a team would expect to have obtained

2/3 instant starters

2/3 Squad players

2/3 players that may need development

So, if I've got this right, Cleveland picked Johnny Manziel so next season they'll get the number one draft pick?

I guess time will tell, he's split opinion, some people saying he shouldn't even be in the Draft and others saying he should have gone top 3. Can't wait to see how his season plays out.

Edited by MoKonjic