The NFL thread

iMPACt!

• Paid Members
Eurosport 2 have got the rights to Monday Night Football apparently, quite the shocker.

Do they still show the Arena League?

I shall be Gamepassing again this season.

As am I.

• Moderators

I'm really hoping Eurosport don't do what the do with everything else and have their own off-tube commentary for MNF. I love Mike Carlson (He's been the best sports pundit in the UK for years now), but him on his own doing off-tube commentary for Arena League and Notre Dame games on Eurosport was awful.

Anyway, apparently Eurosport have the NCAA Big 10 conference.

I hope this is the season that the read option gets found out and shite like Kaepernick and Cam Newton fall by the wayside and it turns out that Aaron Rodgers is right all along. "It always comes back to pocket QBs". I honestly think the read option is making the game a bit poor at times the past couple of seasons. Wait until players like Kaepernick and Wilson get crocked by over use.

I'm a West Coast Offence kinda guy

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Anyway, apparently Eurosport have the NCAA Big 10 conference.

Hadn't heard that, but that's great news. For the fact that it means it's much more likely there'll be more SEC (specifically, Alabama) on ESPN. I can live without Ohio State or Meeechigan for that.

Just had a squiz on their website and apparently they've got that and the Notre Dame home games, which I think was a pre-existing deal (I seem to recall watching the odd Irish game on there back when I had Eurosport and before the advent of ESPN).

According to them "The Big 10 conference and Notre Dame represent the best of American college football". To that I say:

062b31ab7b35cc405802f682601989a6.jpg

eddie_spin.JPG

Yeah, sure.

• Moderators

As I type Vernon Kaye is working as a pundit along with Mike Carlson on Channel 4's coverage of Giants vs Cowboys.

And fuck me, he knows the game. He's Gary Neville good. To be honest, I'd rather have him in Nat Coombs' role with Carlson and Imlach. I always thought he was messing about when he said he plays Gridiron, but he knows his shit. Listening to the host of Family Fortunes talking about Read Option, and RB Sweep is weird though.

He presents the CH4 highlights show, it won't be as good as Blitz (But what will), yet he's won me over.

• 1 month later...

So, how is everyones teams faring? My Bears started well but have faltered recently, but I think Cutler missing the next 3 or so games could be a blessing, then again, I can't stand the lad. Fantasy Team wise, I'm going solid in my league, Megatron is saving me most weeks. Only started playing the NFLUK league a couple of weeks ago, and have come within a bad pick both weeks of a top 25 score both times.

Started out with hopes of a winning season and a possible wildcard or even the division with the Pats issues, after 3 games we sat 3-0 which included a fantastic win over the Colts on the road and beating Atlanta (seemed big at the time, but seeing them struggle since maybe not so much now)

Since then it's gone downhill rapidly and 4 straight losses has at 3-4 and floundering to even keep in contention yes 4 of those defeats were to New Orleans, Baltimore and New England games I would of likely had pegged down as losses at the start of the season but still frustrating defeats especially the manner of the defeats

New Orleans fair enough we were outplayed but Baltimore game we should of won really and had chances, and yesterday leading the Pats 17-3 in the 3rd with Brady ailing and well and truly on top we crumbled and gave up 24 straight points (I haven't seen the game yet as was at Wembley but I have heard/read we were robbed on a few calls by the refs as well)

The worst loss was undoubtedly Buffalo, they were down to 3rd string QB, we were at home coming of a bye week and somehow lost even after getting ourselves back in front after a really bad 1st QTR, we even had the ball around halfway with just over 2 mins left and the lead and just had to see out the clock really, but Tannehill got sacked and fumbled and the Bills got the FG for the win.

That leads me to the real issue with this team, the Offensive line, just horrid Tannehill wont last the season at this rate he is getting killed out there every game.

Short week this week playing the Bengals on Thursday night, would be big statement win and the schedule eases up somewhat after this game so a win could be big, I'd probably of taken being 4-4 after 8 games given our schedule back at at the start of the season.

Watched the Jags yesterday, they really are a bit of a comedy team. Like when Homer gets the Denver Broncos in the Simpsons bad. Thought I cant say my Giants were doing much better, but 2 wins over the past weeks brings us to 2 - 6 so maybe its not all bad.

I do think I'm gonna try and get tickets somehow to the Raiders vs Dolphins next year!

Edited by Cobra1000

• 2 months later...

Is anyone else on this forum going to stay up and watch the Superbowl in a couple of weeks? I'm taking the day off afterwards, so I'm definitely doing it and it'd be cool to use UKFF Chat during this.