The NFL thread

iMPACt!

• 1 year later...

So... over Xmas I started getting into the NFL that was being shown in glorious live HD courtesy of Channel 4, and with the run-in to the Superbowl I thought I'd try sticking with it.

Any fans on here? It's a really different game to how I'd imagined it. More like a strategic war than a free-flowing sport. Everyone has their specialities, and the tactics are utterly vital. It's pretty compelling, although it goes on for hours and hours.

The UK sections of the coverage are dire though, down to the Beeb and C4 both using the same colour analyst.

Anyway, my completely amateur pick this season is the 49ers. Kaepernick's running style seems to be giving defences all sorts of trouble. Their match against the Patriots was fucking great.

Good thread. I'm not into NFL but my girlfriend is a mad American sports fan and is going to the NFL game at Wembley at the end of October. She wants me to go too but I've never watched NFL so em touchdowns what's that all about eh?

• Moderators

Yeah.. Mike Carlson is awesome. He's a big wrestling fan too. (and does poker coverage).

I don't watch as much as I used to but my interest always picks up again around playoff time. Very excited for the Pats/Ravens rematch, and am hoping the 49ers can beat the Falcons.

49ers/Ravens Super Bowl would be great fun!

Yeah, I like Mike, I was just amused that he's on both channel's shows!

The wrestling references were the reason I remembered this thread. Both Mike and the C4 guy clearly watch a lot of wrestling, but it's bizarre to hear it talked about on "normal" tv.