The NFL thread

iMPACt!

BBC2 do a round up on a Monday night and you can get them on IPlayer as well. Sky are the only ones showing every game live in the play offs.

BBC and Sky both show the Superbowl live.

Really like the look of the 49'ers to go all the way. Nobodies even come close to working out how to stop Kappernick yet.

Edited by JFFC

• Moderators
Yeah, I like Mike, I was just amused that he's on both channel's shows!

The wrestling references were the reason I remembered this thread. Both Mike and the C4 guy clearly watch a lot of wrestling, but it's bizarre to hear it talked about on "normal" tv.

Mike Carlson's written a load of US Wrestling obits for UK broadsheets. You should check them out. They're on his great blog.

Another NFL fan here and Im glad the sport is really picking some momentum up on this side of the pond, it really is military style strategy distilled into an all action sport. Even though I'm a Bears fan, I cant see past anyone but the 49ers based on current form and Kaepernick is the real deal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
I'm such an elitist twat.

I'm actually seeing my arse and seething because people who don't watch/know about NFL are talking bollocks about the game on Social Media. I need to calm the fuck down.

A few of us have been sat watching it and none of us really know the rules or what's going on. We picked who we thought would win at random, and a few of the others were just in it to watch Beyonce. Tomorrow, we'll talk about it, all like "oh man, those guys eh? They were shit" and someone else will nod and try to say something as if they'd been watching it for years. Then we'll post about it on Facebook but not watch anything to do with it again until the next one, where the cycle will continue.

Edited by TripleA

Well, that Superbowl match was awesome! I'm starting to understand the ebb and flow of the game better now, but the last 5 minutes confused the fuck out of me, with all the timeouts and holdups. It can be a frustratingly slow sport at times.

I think I'm going to stick with the 49ers for next season but they got thumped in the first half of this game. Still, Kaepernick has only played, what, 10 games? He's going to be incredible moving forward.

What was the story with one of the Ravens having dodged a double murder rap? It was alluded to by the commentators.

• Moderators

Ray Lewis, the player they were making a big hoo ha about because he is an alltime great and was retiring, took a rap for perverting the course of justice (13 years ago). Him and his boys got in a fight with some other guys.. A couple guys ended up getting stabbed and he lied to cover his friends' asses. I don't think he actually killed anyone himself, but who knows what really happened?

My buddy was reading out some of the tweets under #murder while we were watching and there were some hilarious comments..

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Well, that Superbowl match was awesome! I'm starting to understand the ebb and flow of the game better now, but the last 5 minutes confused the fuck out of me, with all the timeouts and holdups. It can be a frustratingly slow sport at times.

I think I'm going to stick with the 49ers for next season but they got thumped in the first half of this game. Still, Kaepernick has only played, what, 10 games? He's going to be incredible moving forward.

What was the story with one of the Ravens having dodged a double murder rap? It was alluded to by the commentators.

That would be Ray Lewis.

• Paid Members

The retiring Ray Lewis and his mates got in a fight after a party and a couple of fellas got stabbed. Lewis managed to get away with it by negotiating a plea agreement.

Well chuffed the Raven won the Super Bowl. Ngata is a favourite of mine, no surprise the Raven's went a bit funny when he went off injured.

• Paid Members
It really was an awesome game.. I was rooting for the niners but I don't begrudge the Ravens then win (unlike the times I've gone to bed dejected and furious at the Pats). I pity anyone who sacked it off at half time because it looked dead and then Beyonc