The UKFF's Favourite Murderer

WWFChilli

What about Jack Unterweger? Killed at least 10 women, although he's only legally guilty of one murder.

Killed his neighbour in the mid-70, got convicted and jailed for murder. Became a writer in prison and was thought to be rehabilitated after the minimum term so was released. He then killed about a dozen prostitutes in Austria and the USA. He was even over in the USA to ostensibly write an article on crime and prostitution in Los Angeles, and was present on police patrols in the red light districts.

He ended up being caught and hanging himself in prison immediately after he was convicted of several murders. Under Austrian law, he's technically not guilty of them as he died before an appeal could be heard.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really liked the style of shipman and of the zodiac killer and also think jack the ripper id due some props too.

but my favourite i dont think has been mentioned, and that is the acid bath killer.

i used to watch that documentary series that was on tv years ago, fuck what was it called? it was about all sorts of murderers and criminals. there was one dvd boxset too, long since OOP. fakkk cant remember now, but that was a show i watched and learned a lot about the serial killers. it was narrated by robert powell.

edit - it was Great Crimes + Trials - fantastic series will have to go downoading it methinks.

There's a decent "True Movies" film kicking around about Ramirez. Do a hunt for "Manhunt: The Search for the Nightstalker". Seems to pop up quite a bit.

No "love" for BTK?

Dennis was mentioned earlier in the thread and is quite notable for a complete dumbass in serial killer terms.

Plenty of serial killers have had correspondance with police and the media while commiting their crimes however most if not all are not stupid enough to ask police if they can be traced through information imprinted on a floppy disk, and believeing them when they say no and then sending a floppy disc with your name on to police.

Doesn't look too clever does he :

Dennis-Rader.jpg

my ex came round to visit me today and mentioned a woman she used to care for is now housebound and struck with fear due to the fact that a man with an axe chopped up the family living next door to her and then yelled at her to not tell the police or he would kill her while brandishing a bloody axe. suprisingly she hasnt left her house since. this is in newcastle, its scary this shit can happen right on your doorstep. well the next one anyway.

Dennis was mentioned earlier in the thread and is quite notable for a complete dumbass in serial killer terms.

Plenty of serial killers have had correspondance with police and the media while commiting their crimes however most if not all are not stupid enough to ask police if they can be traced through information imprinted on a floppy disk, and believeing them when they say no and then sending a floppy disc with your name on to police.

Doesn't look too clever does he :

Dennis-Rader.jpg

To be fair, he seems like the sort who was doing his level best to get caught. He probably thought the worldwide notoriety he achieved after releasing 'I'm the Scatman' would have got him recognised by somebody, but when that failed he had to step it up on the obvious-ometer.

Shipman has got to my fave too. How on Earth did he think he would get away with it? (high as a kite on sedatives no doubt) Don't trust your local GP, I say.

Hungerford's Michael Ryan also nearly gets it for the (alleged) story of him chapping on his mother's front-door, saying "Hello Mum!" then blasting her in the face with his double-barrel. Unintential hilarity. We've all wanted to do that, haven't we? Lads? Lads? ?

Don't forget that he gets extra points for shooting the dog too. Dogs are shit.

I don't know about the mum story, as there was a prog on this only a couple of weeks ago, and he had to go inside the house to get his guns in the first place.

Probably the one I was most knowledgeable at the time, John Allen Muhammad the sniper who went on a killing spree in the East of America for 3 weeks before being caught, the news coverage was huge and regular people were just getting popped going to buy petrol.

Also looks like Denzel Washington could portray him in a film.

John_Allen_Muhammad.jpg

• Paid Members
Probably the one I was most knowledgeable at the time, John Allen Muhammad the sniper who went on a killing spree in the East of America for 3 weeks before being caught, the news coverage was huge and regular people were just getting popped going to buy petrol.

Also looks like Denzel Washington could portray him in a film.

John_Allen_Muhammad.jpg

There is already a film on these killings. OK it was a TV Movie, but it was interesting none the less.

H. H. Holmes is definitely my pick.

Firstly you have the murder castle, obviously, which is something you'd think was pretty far fetched if you saw it in a horror film but is actually true:

Some of the rooms with gas pipes also had blow torches built into the walls so he could light the gas if he wanted, and the prison rooms not built for torture or murder all had buzzers connected to his office so he could tell when people tried to escape.

The time, planning and effort that went into construscting that thing and luring victims to it is evidence of a man who was evil beyond belief but also calculating, intelligent and charismatic enough to pull it off and get away with it (and marry three different women) all over a period of years.

Then, when the action died down at the original murder castle in Chicago and people started asking him to pay for its construction, he fled the state. He turned up in Texas, killed some more people, then looked into building another murder castle there.

That didn't work out because Texan law made it more difficult, so he moved about for a bit before getting arrested for an unrelated horse theft. He made friend in prison, concoted a plan with the guy to fake his own death, bailed on thatt and moved on again. Then with another friend he concocted a plan to fake the friend's death, then murdered the friend and collected insurance money. Then he tricked the murdered friend's wife into giving him custody of three of her children and later killed them too.

When they finally arrested him they had to get him on another outstanding horse theft warrant because they still had no real case against him. Without that outstanding warrant he could have fled the country and presumably racked up many more bodies because they still didn't have an tangible case against him at that point. Also, the suspicions they had him on related to his insurance scams and later the possible murders of the Pietzel family. They didn't even know about the murder castle until one of its former cleaners tipped them off and revealed that he was never allowed to go upstairs.

A fascinating and fucking terrifying man.

That is absolutely fucking insane! Sounds like the plot of some Saw rip-off movie.

• Paid Members
H. H. Holmes is definitely my pick.

Firstly you have the murder castle, obviously, which is something you'd think was pretty far fetched if you saw it in a horror film but is actually true:

Some of the rooms with gas pipes also had blow torches built into the walls so he could light the gas if he wanted, and the prison rooms not built for torture or murder all had buzzers connected to his office so he could tell when people tried to escape.

The time, planning and effort that went into construscting that thing and luring victims to it is evidence of a man who was evil beyond belief but also calculating, intelligent and charismatic enough to pull it off and get away with it (and marry three different women) all over a period of years.

Then, when the action died down at the original murder castle in Chicago and people started asking him to pay for its construction, he fled the state. He turned up in Texas, killed some more people, then looked into building another murder castle there.

That didn't work out because Texan law made it more difficult, so he moved about for a bit before getting arrested for an unrelated horse theft. He made friend in prison, concoted a plan with the guy to fake his own death, bailed on thatt and moved on again. Then with another friend he concocted a plan to fake the friend's death, then murdered the friend and collected insurance money. Then he tricked the murdered friend's wife into giving him custody of three of her children and later killed them too.

When they finally arrested him they had to get him on another outstanding horse theft warrant because they still had no real case against him. Without that outstanding warrant he could have fled the country and presumably racked up many more bodies because they still didn't have an tangible case against him at that point. Also, the suspicions they had him on related to his insurance scams and later the possible murders of the Pietzel family. They didn't even know about the murder castle until one of its former cleaners tipped them off and revealed that he was never allowed to go upstairs.

A fascinating and fucking terrifying man.

I'd knock him out no bother. And then release all his horses as he lay there picking up his front teeth.

What about Michael Sams? A proper rubbish murderer IMO. Only killed once, Sams actually dropped off his second kidnap victim at the top of her street (amazingly he avoided arrest for a little while longer)!

He quickly got caught when a recording of his voice was broadcast on Crimewatch UK (one of his 3 ex-wives grassed him up). After a botched plot to recieve

My personal have is the classic English serial killer John Christie.

John-Christie-(640x360).jpg

What a dapper gent.

He would gas his victims unconscious, rape and murder them and then use the time-honoured traditional serial killer method of hiding the bodies under the floorboards. It's always amazed me that nobody smelt anything! He also buried bodies in his garden, ala Fred West

He's historically important as someone else was actually hanged for two of his murders, and the discovery of this went a long way towards the abolition of corporal punishment.

Whilst we're on the subject, Albert Pierrepoint, Britain's last hangman, should get a shout - not as a serial killer per se, but he did kill 435 people in his career, including 200 Nazis. That's some impressive stats.

This thread reads like a track listing for an album by Macabre. They should be massive.

Mr Albert Fish, Was Children Your Favourite Dish?

Edmond Kemper Had A Horrible Temper

What The Heck Richard Speck, Eight Nurses You Wrecked

Richard Speck was an oddball. He got breast implant when in the big house and became a prag.

Have to go a little old school meself, Elizabeth Bathory, involved (with her accomplices) in the torture, sexual abuse and murder of up to 650 young girls, she then bathed in their blood for sexual gratification and because she believed it would keep her young.

Girl sounds a right goer, quite frankly.

Good shout though when it comes to the Bloody Countess it can be easy to mix up fact and fiction for example the whole bathed in blood story I believe has long been written off as bollocks.

There was a decent doc about her on TV a while back (it's rare to see anything about her) and she was totally bonkers even without the fiction and her accomplices if the story is true were Simon Diamond worthy one being an alleged Witch and another a demented midget.

It should also be noted though that she was never actually convicted of murder (her accomplices were tortured and executed) and she was simply locked away in a tower on her own estate plus the only reason she was ever stopped at all is because she started to kill other noble's or simply put people that mattered and if she had kept to the commoners she could have carried on since the ruling elite had ultimate power at that time over the lower classes.

There is/was also a revionist movement who are/were trying to potray her as an innocent victim of a sexist conspiracy.

Anyway a case that has always interested me is the The Angel Makers of Nagyr

Archived