The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Paid Members

In case you didnt know, Lucha Underground hired MVP for season 3 as a wrestler and agent.

Sadly, he's already been sacked. Apparently he gave out spoilers on his podcast without thinking, and they sacked him. If that's true, it's a bit harsh. He's well gutted about it. If you want LU spoilers, you can easily find them. Its not like he's gave away trade secrets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm8ifagDiaU&

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm assuming LU contracts are closer to TV star contracts than dodgy WWE independant contractor nonsense contracts and generally TV contracts have very strict terms and conditions on revealing future episode details. Sucks for him though.

Time to admit the luchadoras are shit. At least Ivelisse has the personality and a bit of thump behind her work, and Taya has should-be-ginger dirtiness. Sexy Star is a blank wet fish, and I don't buy that it's because she's heel elsewhere. Kobra Moon hesitates on everything except waggling her tongue. Mariposa was a massive letdown - I was expecting some dark exotico or an alter ego for Star, but instead we get essentially Kobra Moon in a leather mask.

Pretty average episode this week - uninteresting in-ring but solid in vignettes. Killshot's fun but flat American Sniper back story and cool one-take fight scene; Joey Ryan being a dick throughout; Puma, Dragon and freakin' Bat-Rey looking boss in hoodies on a rooftop; and the big cliffhanger promising Dario, Matanza and the key vs Mil, Catrina and the rock.

• Paid Members

Sexy Star is completely useless in every way. How she makes a living wrestling is beyond me. Ivelisse is great though. I enjoyed it this week for the most part. The 6 man was fun, and Joey Ryan is hamming it up so much he's managed to make Ricky Reyes watchable which is a miracle job on Ryan's part. Matanza vs Mil for the title will be epic. I'm rooting for Mil Muertes. Puma, Dragon and Rey segment was ace, though I'd prefer it if Puma kept his mouth shut. Hard to buy him as an aztec warrior when he talks in his Mid-West American accent.

Yes, Sexy Star is useless and might be retiring.... Except she may also be back, and may have won a big match in typical wonderful LU booking.

The MVP thing is ridiculous. He already was fired from TNA for brining Hernandez in while under LU contract (despite it being TNA's job to look at the fucking contracts) and now he's all 'manning up' and saying it's cool. He was fired a second time due to LU, and perhaps, for Catrina saying she was 138 years old. For fucks sake. He must be taking lessons from the 'Jim Ross/Vince take it and like' it school. And the LU bigwigs continue to act like childish cunts.

Speaking of which, in far bigger news Octagon might have made Octagon Jr. look a bit like a child in a very weird shoot incident video inside:

https://twitter.com/Octagon_real/status/719231947529019392

I'm not sure what to make of that.

Actually it's a bit sad really. This is by far the craziest thing to happen in ages. Octagon has a few bodyguards with him too, which may explain why Flamita gives the reaction he does. Not really Flamita's fault he's Octagon Jr. as AAA gave it to him.

Another longer video:

The first video above is 'better'.

https://youtu.be/kKC0FHMhXT8

The MVP thing is ridiculous.

Speaking of which, in far bigger news Octagon might have made Octagon Jr. look a bit like a child in a very weird shoot incident video inside:

First, is it? Is it ridiculous? He breached his contract, in a stupid way, and regardless of how we see it, LU is a TV show, with seasons. They will want to protect their spoilers from getting out, just like any other show.

Second, what's the background here? I don't know much about either man, and I don't speak Spanish, so I have no clue what is going on.

The MVP thing is ridiculous.

First, is it? Is it ridiculous? He breached his contract, in a stupid way, and regardless of how we see it, LU is a TV show, with seasons. They will want to protect their spoilers from getting out, just like any other show.

Second, what's the background here? I don't know much about either man, and I don't speak Spanish, so I have no clue what is going on.

1-No, I don't find it ridiculous if they have contracts with things like that in it and they are well known for being protective of results (even though they all get out), I more meant it was ridiculous for MVP losing two jobs in a row due to LU. I've never heard of that happen before.

2-Octagon's been around for almost 30 years. He was given the gimmick by Antonio Pena. Pena started AAA in '92. Pena died in '06 I think. Octagon finally left AAA in the last couple years in a bit of a bad split - he was said to be drunk a bit and has slowed way down work wise. Before he left, they brought in Kalisto who he endorsed - Kalisto lasted a few weeks. After Octagon left they said they were creating a new Octagon Jr. and he was pissed off because he was on the outs. He also has a lawsuit out over the name which will take years to sort out, so he decided to bring a few armed heavies with him to a signing session and pull the guys mask off. 

It is one of the strangest, most shocking things to happen in lucha in a good while. Octagon's probably not going to get much support from anybody. He's also delusional as there's no way he'd ever be back on top of any promotion, and more importantly, he was/is probably going to be able to wrestle out the rest of his life as Octagon, so what was the point other than he's going a bit crackers? Very scary stuff, and 100% not an angle.

Archived