The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bringing back an old topic (only 11 days ago the last post) but whoever gave me the link a while back to watch Lucha Underground, nice one.  Christmas Day has been spent watching it all day.  Up to about April now, the Trios Titles just been introduced and watched the first match in the tournament.  That Grave Consequences match was awesome!!!

So yeah, finally catching up again.

Feliz Navidad

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Christ, that opening scene!

Man it was outstanding. God, I love the whole LU approach so much. In that 5 min opening scene they established the Vampiro character much more than WWE have with Tyler Breeze in the few months he's been on the main roster. And he's just the commentator!

I'm only halfway through the opening match but super impressed so far, I was smiling non-stop watching it on the train this morning. Cuerno looks more and more like a star with each appearance and Muertes looks fucking boss sitting on that throne. I hope he has new tights, though.

I'm just glad that they haven't seemed to have dropped their production as we all feared they would. I'm happy to let Roberto Rodriguez spunk all his money down the drain if it means we keep getting this.

• Paid Members

THAT 

WAS

FUCKING 

AWESOME

LU is the only wrestling show that consistently produces actual gripping, exciting, unpredictable shows with real drama. What a masterpiece of wrestling TV. So happy the only real alternative to WWE is back.

I need to go lie down. Pentagon's appearance at the end made me explode.

The biggest compliment I can pay this show is that it feels like I'm watching something from the future.

It's so creative (in a good way), so totally different from any current wrestling promotion or anything from the past.

The way it's shot.... the attention to detail.... the storylines... the intrigue created...

I watched all of last season, and this first episode of season 2 was fantastic. I echo the above posts - it's a crying shame this show does not have wider exposure on a higher rated tv network.

I haven't been a dedicated watcher of LU, just catching episodes now and then but after that I'll be a regular viewer.

Fuck me, it was awesome from start to finish. I've never had an interest in Vampiro but yet I love the guy all based off of 5 minutes, that's just how good it was.

I haven't been a dedicated watcher of LU, just catching episodes now and then but after that I'll be a regular viewer.

Fuck me, it was awesome from start to finish. I've never had an interest in Vampiro but yet I love the guy all based off of 5 minutes, that's just how good it was.

The stuff they did with Vampiro last season was awesome. Basically it was a version of the Vince McMahon 'Higher Power' WWF storyline from 1999, where Pentagon was doing the bidding of a mystery master and had no idea who the master was, and had a big feud with Vampiro building up to a major match, and then after it, it was revealed Vampiro was the evil master all along. So great. 

Archived