The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

Bit of a cheap plug but if anybody is interested i have some ring worn and authographed Mysterio stuff, including a complete Hijo de rey mysterio outfit ( mask and tights) and ring worn mysterio sr mask.

i already put them up for sale some time ago in the classifieds, or i think at least 1 of the masks, haven't really bothered updating since it didn't seem to garner much interest there but i figured i may as well give a note of it in this thread since it seems more eyes are on here at the moment concerning the mysterio's lol.

if any collector wants this drop me a pm, i have pictures and a fair price will be discussed,i'm just cleaning out my collection to save up for wrestlemania 30.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You cheeky cunt

Thanks..i guess lol.

if you were serious/mad then i apologise,didn't mean to violate any rules or derail the thread too much, that's why i put "pm me" instead of plastering pictures all over in this thread, that would've been pushing it i thought, too far :laugh:

Rey de Reyes has gone up on the offical AAA youtube. Nice. That's me sorted tomorrow!

Yeah, that's my Easter Sunday sorted. And the CMLL mask/hair match that I still need to catch up on. And then possibly the Terra feed tonight. Perfect.

Edit: The building really does look great. AAA really know how to make their big shows look big when they want to.

Yeah, that's my Easter Sunday sorted. And the CMLL mask/hair match that I still need to catch up on. And then possibly the Terra feed tonight. Perfect.

Won't go into it much in case you never got round to seeing it, but it was a lot of fun for what is was. Not quite up there with the Puma King mask match last year, but still well worth watching. It was a pretty solid show from top to bottom actually (as the opening two matches are up on handheld). Rey Cometa's so good though, it's a shame things aren't as they were a decade ago for him.

Rey de Reyes got me wishing that Villano IV would hang around for a while to scrap a bit more with Park. Some bloody mask ripping brawls between those two would be some cool shit. Unlikely as he's scheduled for next weeks Coliseo/Terra show, but a nice thought anyway.

I know you're a big fan yourself, so it's going over old ground a bit, but Park really is a king amongst men. He's always the star of AAA shows, they'd be fecked without him.

I'm trying to avoid saying too much in case Butch is reading but yeah Park was awesome on that show. And I had the exact same thoughts about Villano and Park, their interaction was great. Park's just the complete package. They don't really seem to have anything for him at the moment mind, I know its been the down period but I really want him to have something strong going into TripleMania and I have a slight fear that he won't do.

• Moderators

Enjoyed Rey de Reyes, even if Judas fucking Mecias. I'm not super keen on La Parka Negra as well from what I saw of him. L.A. Park is still the man though.

Good to see El Canek is still knocking about as well. He must be a thousand!

I like Parka Negra just for the sake of having a third Parka knocking around AAA.

Canek's music was rocking. And that final seemed very strange just who the line up. I'm digging the veterans coming in, the great Villano IV and Park scrap, Canek looking completely different to all the other AAA guys, Black Terry about to show up in CMLL, the Blue Demon Jr masks everywhere at Rey de Reyes. Just adds an extra spice I think. I'm presuming AAA's using Blue Demon Jr for their American expansion plans that might actually be happening. I'm sure I said they probably wouldn't in response to somebody asking.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

New kickstarter campaign going about. Doesn't look promising from the initial interest.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/192254...series?ref=live

Kevin Kleinrock is the man behind it. The man who brought us XPW and Wrestling Society X. The idea itself is alright, but the wrestlers are just the same as who everyone else uses. Homicide, Adam Pearce and Matt Cross aren't going to make me pledge money. Especially when there are indy feds knocking about like Dragon Gate USA who provide this style of wrestling if you are into that. And if you are into Lucha, just track down some Lucha. This doesn't seem like a promotion worthy of backing.

Through Pogo the Clown in and we might be talking.

Aye I had a look at that and thought much the same. Even the luchadores are ones who work US indy shows like those Extreme Reunion things. And I find it a bit odd that Konnan's involved given he's already heavily involved in AAA's current attempt at a US expansion. Although then again I can see why he'd take the money and why they'd turn to him. I'm a tad surprising that the people involved in the AAA expansion plans are okay with him being involved in a product that also wants to bring lucha to US TV. In its current format this promotion idea doesn't actually seem like it'd lead to a product that would have much to do with lucha anyway. In fact there's already shows going on in the US that are probably as lucha, if not more so, than this.

On the by I think I read that the Chilanga/Chilango/Chilliandgo/I'mfeelingtoolazytolookupthecorrectspelling supershow might turn up online which has a very tasty looking Negro Casas vs. Negro Navarro main event.

:(

I remember someone mentioning he was in a bad way a while ago, but I really thought he'd get through it. I've made no bones about being a total mark for the WCW midcard, and the luchadores in particular, so I loved Garza. Didn't know much of his stuff south of the border, but he was always one of my favourites in WCW.

I watched his match with Scott Hall where he gets the upset win yesterday... What a pop!

RIP.

Since this topic's been bumped with unfortunately gutting news I thought I'd post something a bit more positive.

There's a good looking card for this Sunday which you can all watch live on Terra.com for free. It starts at 11pm. There's going to be a cage match featuring minis putting their masks and hairs on the line that should be a lot of fun and a tasty looking title match between Negro Casas and Mascarada Dorada. Should be a really fun show.

Archived